Tips and tricks for Taking Event (product launch)?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucpher

Feb 3, 2005
yo people,

I will be helping a friend cover her company's product launch sometime next week, this is my first time covering such an event. Am using a 300D.

Any tips and tricks to share, such as Lens to use, angle to take etc ? Greatly appreciated.

lucpher said:
yo people,

I will be helping a friend cover her company's product launch sometime next week, this is my first time covering such an event. Am using a 300D.

Any tips and tricks to share, such as Lens to use, angle to take etc ? Greatly appreciated.
What kind of product? Makes a lot of differnence.

Btw, are you the only photographer covering the launch? How are the images going to be used?

And, if you screw up the coverage, will friendship survive?

most importantly, make sure you are properly briefed on the sequence of events, if possible have a hard copy of it, and whether there are any particular shots that are die, die must haves...

extra batteries! no brainer here...for camera and flash...buy, beg or borrow (don't steal :nono: ) more batteries if you need to...see if there is some where to recharge batteries if it's a long event...

if possible, even have a backup camere...even if it is a point and shoot... better to have something than nothing...

yo people,

thanks for all the tips so far. just asked my friend, and gotten a list of die die must take shots and gotten the programme for that day. useful tips, thanks!!

well... shoot VVIP, CEO,MD ,ministers ... make sure u get a shots where ur CEO shakehand with VVIP ... receiving awards .speech... VVIP "testing" the product.....

covering the event not so important except the list above :p

4-5 photos from above will be frame big big in ur friend ofis...

Status
Not open for further replies.