tiny blue spots, white spots and red spots on my 10D sensor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TrailsofLife

Jul 6, 2004
Singapore
I just did a test on my 10D. I shot it with lense cap on, in the dark. When I look at the image in photoshop, I can spot quite a few blue and some orangy red spots when I magnify it. Some spots are white. Is ther some thing wrong with my sensor?

When I shot a white paper, its fine, spotless.

Please advice. :cheers:

Max 2.8 said:
I just did a test on my 10D. I shot it with lense cap on, in the dark. When I look at the image in photoshop, I can spot quite a few blue and some orangy red spots when I magnify it. Some spots are white. Is ther some thing wrong with my sensor?

When I shot a white paper, its fine, spotless.

Please advice. :cheers:
maybe its sensor feedback... probably the same thing that happens when u close u eyes... after a while can also see spots...

I believe those are likely to be dead/hot/stuck pixels on your sensor...my best guess is that those are hot pixels. As time goes on your sensor will likely develop these troublemakers. There are 2 things that you can do..one just live with it..another you can take it to Canon. They will not replace the sensor for you, but they will map the location out..in essence telling the camera to ignore that spot and take the reading from the next pixel..I suggest the former because as time goes by, more will appear, and you can't be sending the camera back to Canon everytime one appears..i've got quite a few on mine too... :embrass:

Ok...no choice lor :dunno:

thanks for the info and for helping.

:cheers:

Cheer up...most of the time you won't even notice it..;)

perror said:
Cheer up...most of the time you won't even notice it..;)

Thanks dude. I am testing the camera by shoot at dark corners and under posed shots. Looks fine on ISO 200, 400, 800 and 1600. ISO 3200(H mode) is a bit noisy, so no count.

Happy now. Thanks

If you bump the ISO higher to say 400 or 800 and use a long exposure like 10 seconds, you are likely to see more of those spots...even at ISO 100, if you use prolonged exposures, you're bound to see lots of them..I had one fireworks shot where I exposed the sensor for 2 minutes..true enough..lots of them :D

SH*T! that means can't shot the fireworks festival this Sunday!

hahah actually if you set to ISO 100 and limite your exposure below 30 seconds, you are not likely to see it..:)

the 2 minutes shot was coz i was just trying my luck..hehe the fireworks were too far away.. :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.