Tint in pictures taken with polariser?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMSS_2

need your expert help! do you see any tint in pictures or am i worrying too much?

sky%20copy.jpg

:dunno:

Looks like got tint on my screen.

the cloud so nice .... must get a polariser liao. :heart:
what brand should i get for my 77mm filter size ? B+W or nikon is better huh ?

Its only the top left and top middle that I see some tint. The rest, like what Hitman says, the clouds still white.

i see tint in all of them. the clouds is white but the rest of the colour is off. what brand u using? my experience was that Hoya PL has tint. buy a better brand like Nikon PL or B+W PL ($$$), u will see better image quality.

nightpiper said:
i see tint in all of them. the clouds is white but the rest of the colour is off. what brand u using? my experience was that Hoya PL has tint. buy a better brand like Nikon PL or B+W PL ($$$), u will see better image quality.

the third pic was without polariser leh..... so the wb is wrong?

how much for 77mm or 72mm type for nikon or b+w PL?

Finally back on a calibrated screen.

Yeah the shots have their WB off.

there are a bit of purplish tint. not very obvious till i tried CSII and studio again to determine what is wrong.

must uncheck "shooting setting" in studio and auto or some other settings for WB in CSII to see the difference.

i must go for eye check liao! :bsmilie: not wonder someone (many moons ago) said there were purplish tint in the clouds and i failed to see it in an outdoor shoot! :(

NMSS_2 said:
there are a bit of purplish tint. not very obvious till i tried CSII and studio again to determine what is wrong.

must uncheck "shooting setting" in studio and auto or some other settings for WB in CSII to see the difference.

i must go for eye check liao! :bsmilie: not wonder someone (many moons ago) said there were purplish tint in the clouds and i failed to see it in an outdoor shoot! :(

in the Studio s/w set the WB to 5200. process the 3 pics again & post again. lets se if ur tamron needs changing ($$$). :devil:

'peng yu' use the same set of pics lah. like that how to make comparison? but judging from this new set, i think the min setting is good enuf. also try not to use PL on wide angle lens, the sky coverage is not enuf & will look patchy (one spot very dark deep blue whereas the rest very light blue).

edited:
also looking at the quality, u need the B+W PL or Nikon. trust me, i have the B+W 62mm for my old Nikkors & no regret. the 67mm too exp, so not getting for my new ZD.

u go BUY LAH!!

nightpiper said:
'peng yu' use the same set of pics lah. like that how to make comparison? but judging from this new set, i think the min setting is good enuf. also try not to use PL on wide angle lens, the sky coverage is not enuf & will look patchy (one spot very dark deep blue whereas the rest very light blue).

the pics were shot almost directly facing the sun thus the patchness in the blueness of the sky. i was trying to determine whether tint got anything to do with angle of shoot. but seems like the wb was off due to me not familar with software settings.

Looks like BBB liao! :cry:

Just calibrated my monitor, not sure how accurate it is.
Your 1st set has a purplish look on the cloud.
2nd set appears grey.

And your avatar has artifacts or is it ....

chainsmoker said:
Just calibrated my monitor, not sure how accurate it is.
Your 1st set has a purplish look on the cloud.
2nd set appears grey.

And your avatar has artifacts or is it ....

grey= neutral right? :dunno:

i "borrowed" my avatar from somewhere. cant remember where liao! :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.