Tinsel Town

Status
Not open for further replies.

fabianaino

Deregistered
Nov 19, 2007
Orchard
2097465592_9cd83c1236_o.jpg

Last night was my first attempt to brave myself on a night trip with my just-acquired DSLR and my tripod. It was amazing how fast 2 hours flew by. My last shot was the attached ... I titled it " Tinsel Town ".

I didn't really get alot of different shots as I had to retake them again and again ( due to lighting and fiddling around with the tripod and different settings ).

As I was walking back, I came across this sign. Snapped it without a tripod just as a caucasian couple walked past me .... They seemed happy and giggling but I didn't quite get the shots I wanted ...

Please comment on the lighting; exposure, framing, was it too processed .etc.
I am all armored ...so shoot ... :sweat:

Hi fabianaino,

May I know what is the main object in your picture? If its the sign, then its spoilt by the light reflection. And the "W" is overexposed (as I assume it shouldn't be white but gold like the "T"). The rest of the pic is very dark and I can't tell if its a walk way to a restuarant or is it part of the interrior of the restuarant.:)

Hope you don't mind my opinion.

2097465592_9cd83c1236_o.jpg

Last night was my first attempt to brave myself on a night trip with my just-acquired DSLR and my tripod. It was amazing how fast 2 hours flew by. My last shot was the attached ... I titled it " Tinsel Town ".

I didn't really get alot of different shots as I had to retake them again and again ( due to lighting and fiddling around with the tripod and different settings ).

As I was walking back, I came across this sign. Snapped it without a tripod just as a caucasian couple walked past me .... They seemed happy and giggling but I didn't quite get the shots I wanted ...

Please comment on the lighting; exposure, framing, was it too processed .etc.
I am all armored ...so shoot ... :sweat:

Hi fabianaino,

May I know what is the main object in your picture? If its the sign, then its spoilt by the light reflection. And the "W" is overexposed (as I assume it shouldn't be white but gold like the "T"). The rest of the pic is very dark and I can't tell if its a walk way to a restuarant or is it part of the interrior of the restuarant.:)

Hope you don't mind my opinion.

NO, I am not put off by your opinion at all....No worries. In fact I very much appreciate it. :)

The sign was the main theme, which I wanted to convey. It was taken at the alfresco side of the dinning area behind One Fullington. I was amazed by the the glittering lights around there and near the boat Quay area but unfortuantely I wasn't able to capture anything I thought was delightful. :dunno: It was glittery but yet valueless to me, and hence the theme "Tinsel Town".

You are right, I reckon the background was alittle dark for viewers to decide what it was.

Will take note and not "contrast" it too much in the future. :)

Since its part of the alfresco dinning area, I would shoot at a higher angle to show the dining table (with candle light I suppose).:)

Since its part of the alfresco dinning area, I would shoot at a higher angle to show the dining table (with candle light I suppose).:)

Thanks lastboltnut.
I will note that and try it out next time . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.