Timezone worldwide

BBTM

Nov 23, 2004
BB West
Actually different timezone affected our chance of taking beautiful sunset/sunrise when we are at oversea. Make sure that you know those timing else it will ruin your trip. Happy shooting!

Actually different timezone affected our chance of taking beautiful sunset/sunrise when we are at oversea. Make sure that you know those timing else it will ruin your trip. Happy shooting!

Plenty of sunrise/sunset timing apps.

It's not the timezone (unless you don't adjust your watch and want to see s sunset in AU at 7pm SG time), but the geographic latitude and the time of the year. The more one travels North or South from equator the more the sunrise / sunset times are affected by the time of the year, up the extreme in June that regions in far North (arctic circle) will have 'White Nights' and at the same time regions in the South (Antarctica) won't see much light of the day. Half a year later it's the opposite.

It's not the timezone (unless you don't adjust your watch and want to see s sunset in AU at 7pm SG time), but the geographic latitude and the time of the year. The more one travels North or South from equator the more the sunrise / sunset times are affected by the time of the year, up the extreme in June that regions in far North (arctic circle) will have 'White Nights' and at the same time regions in the South (Antarctica) won't see much light of the day. Half a year later it's the opposite.

Oh. Thought due to time zone. My upcoming trip, I writes down all timing. Might be out early for some sunrise. :D

There are apps can tell you the sunrise sunset time base on your locations, there are also apps can pin point the location of the sun to you base on your location and any given time.

Oh. Thought due to time zone. My upcoming trip, I writes down all timing. Might be out early for some sunrise. :D
If you travel around the globe along the equator then sunset / sunrise will always be 12h apart. Local time zones will only give some shifting by about 1h. Singapore is such an example where the local time is actual wrong, so sunset/sunrise appear shifted by 1h.
Look at Berlin as of today: Sunrise is at 5:14am / Sunset 9:10pm. Due to daylight savings time the times are shifted to the evening by 1h. In addition you can see that the day is longer - it's around 14h. This affects the sunset much more than any time zones. Travel further to the North (e.g. St Petersburg, Russia) and the effect is even stronger. Sunrise 5:23am, sunset 10:46pm, the day is more than 17h long.

From my starting point, Edinburgh, it's 8 pm sunset (sep). End of the month, paris, 7pm. So, it roughly an hour difference after a month. Hopes to capture some magical moment by then. :D

From my starting point, Edinburgh, it's 8 pm sunset (sep). End of the month, paris, 7pm. So, it roughly an hour difference after a month. Hopes to capture some magical moment by then. :D

Anyway Edinburgh (London) is an hour behind Paris in Timezone