Timestamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

jOhO

Apr 20, 2003
Singapore
www.expressivelyjoho.com
I'm wondering if this forum is mainly full of singaporeans, how come the time stamps on the posts are not to singapore time? my first guess (probably not a good one either!) is this site is hosted overseas?

nothing lar just wondering only, i'm sure someone has already asked this question.

Originally posted by jOhO
I'm wondering if this forum is mainly full of singaporeans, how come the time stamps on the posts are not to singapore time? my first guess (probably not a good one either!) is this site is hosted overseas?

nothing lar just wondering only, i'm sure someone has already asked this question.

I am located in the US, and the timestamps I see are adjusted to local time for me.

My guess is my PC adjusts the time before it displays it, accoring to the time difference between US and Singapore. Or, the CS server sends timestamp information in GMT+0 standardised format, and each PC will adjust accordingly to local time.

Did you set the correct time zone on your OS?

You might have set the time on your PC correctly but if the time zone is somewhere else other than Singapore, then the OS will interpret the timing wrongly and thus the incorrect display.

Well, after I posted the above post, I realised that the displayed time stamp of my post was 45 minutes off of my local time.

Not so sure now...

You have to set the local timezone correctly in the User Profile section in the members Control Panel.

time zone and time are set correctly on my PC. just checked to make sure too. oh well... wonder if any other users having this "problem"? not really a problem lar.. just a gripe. hehehe :gbounce:

refer to this.
Originally posted by Darren
You have to set the local timezone correctly in the User Profile section in the members Control Panel.

ohh ic ic

ok liow.. done. ahhaha i feel like a damn noob.

thanx guys. i'm all fixed and ready to er.. tell the right time? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.