Timeshare is harassing me once again!

referring to this thread

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/kopitiam/371798-timeshare-harassing-me-again.html

Yep... They are back again. After 10 years. They now wanna sue me once again. Anyone still in this shi*t? Any advise on how to follow up?

Thanks

Like in your previous thread... please go to the lawyer. They are the one who knows the best legal actions to take. None of us could give you any legal advises and none of the advises given therewith is valid, because none of us actually know the full story or trained enough to give legal advises (unless there are trained legal personnel around.)

Without Prejudice [for information only]

Well, I have got this to say. Know your rights.

Consult a lawyer. Well, the lawyer has got a nice office in the CBD to maintain, a car to maintain and a family to feed. So, just to read thru’ your contract and some meetings with you, he would have to charge you a few K. If he were to go to court as your lawyer, depending on how long and how complex the case is, it might cost you 30 to 50k.

From the knowledge I have got in contract law and common law, I have got this to say. Time share is basically partial ownership of a property. You have paid a certain amount and you continue to pay until you have paid in full. At any time you default on your payment, they will try as far as possible to get you to pay. But if you choose to stop payment completely, they will just have to resort to cancel your partial ownership. In a fair contract, there must be some escape clause to say in what manner you can get out of it. To be fair, you should be able to sell it to someone else, or get some partial refund…

Well, here is my advice: Just simply ignore their letters. They cannot do anything to you. Just tell them to F**k Off.

Sell it off? Fat hope. Only fools would buy this kind of Sh*t. They will ask you for payment of agency fee, transfer fee, admin charges, government tax and all kinds of A**hole fee, all in advance before you even hope to get anything back at all. Please dun be conned twice.

It looks like there are quite a few scams out there:
MLM,
Time-share
Nigerian lottery
Magic stone
and many others........ hope that fellow CSers dun get conned.

Last edited:
10 years & more & this still continuing? Incredulous or rather ridiculous.

My personal advice, just ignore all these. If there is any basis for legal actions, they would have taken them long long time ago - like serving you a writ of summons, writ of seizure & sale, statutory demand etc. Its a scam so they can only scare you into paying up. You have not committed any offence. All that is involved is money. They have to go thru the proper legal processes should they want to make any claims against you. And you have the right to question them & to defend yourself in court.

Only when legal papers are actually served on you then you go consult a lawyer or refer to CASE on what to do. Don't ever respond to their threats, offers, enticments of a way out as you will be digging the hole all over again. Do not fear. All those scarily worded letters mean nothing, as you have seen for yourself all these years. If you or your family are physically harassed, go make a police report. These just remind me of the tactics of debt collectors; are the correspondences from real law firms or just debt collection agencies? Trying telling them to F**k off & see what happens - I bet they will do nothing.

I quote below the advice of Starguardian in your earlier thread - take it!

To Siron, I can only say that you have fallen once for their mind tricks and their tactic of exploiting human frailties of temptation, greed and inferiority, and even a natural desire to please and not to disappoint the 'helpful salesperson who spent so many hours painstakingly explaining his product to you' The least you can do is help him out and buy his product right? WRONG. It is such natural human reaction to reciprocate that these hardsellers are specifically exploiting.

Now this company is targeting another one of our human weaknesses, that of instilling fear and a sense of loss and uncertainty. By sending out these lawyer letters, these companies are now harping on your fears to make you 'willingly' fork out your hard earned money to them. Where they had once achieved 2 years ago by exploiting your desires, they are trying to do the same again with threat to induce the fear of reprisal.

Suddenly the nightmare that started 2 years ago is back to haunt you again. You do not know what will happen if you were really brought to court for breach of contract and you start to fear it affecting your job or even causing you to lose your job. All this because of what you did wrong by not fulfilling the terms of the contract which you never really agreed to willingly? WRONG! It is their tactic to do a wrong to you and yet turn around and make it look like they are the ones who were wronged. Don't fall for their psychological tricks again!

Do you think that the nightmare will end simply by paying up obediently? They will merely tempt you with what is rightly yours (ie.The benefit of not having to pay annual maintenance fees. Hell, you never had to pay maintenance fees if you did not sign up in the first place!), on the condition that you fork out another 12K?? How can one contemplate paying that astronomical sum of money for a right that is yours to begin with? Ask yourself what have you gained from 'selling off' that right in the first place, and then again ask yourself is it worth to 'buy it back' with yet another 12k??

The least you can do now is to stand up to them and show them you're not a mindless weakling. Why were there no legal action against you when they sent you the lawyer letter in 2003? Why wait another year before sending another lawyer letter in 2004? As far as you are concerned, you have not been formally sued in court. No matter how many letters you receive are only empty threats. For all you know, these lawyer letters are really to them, 'subscription reminders'.

Anyway take heart and good luck! What you lost cannot be recovered, but don't be victimised any further in both monetary and psychological terms. Finally I apologise for any harsh words that I may have said above, but really don't want to see more people fall prey to these necessary evils of capitalism that abuse psychological knowledge for unethical economic gain.

Unquote

Last edited:
Without Prejudice [for information only]

If you're afraid of Ghosts, in the dark, in your dreams and especially in the coming lunar 7th month, you would be scared.

If you ain't afraid of Ghost, they cannot do anything to you. Ghost cannot possibly do any harm to you if you're not scared at all.

Please read
:: The Law Society of Singapore: Singapore Court System

They only have 1 year to claim money from you. Since it is over 10 years ago, they cannot do anything against you.

If you have a claim arising from a sale or purchase of goods, the provision of services (e.g. repairs renovation works), tortuous damage to property (but not including damage arising because of a motor vehicle accident) or any contact relating to a lease of residential property for a period of less than 2 years, and your claim does not exceed $10,000, you can file a claim in the Small Claims Tribunal. However, you can also file a claim more than $10,000 but not exceeding $20,000 if both parties consent to it in writing. You must file your claim at the Small Claims Tribunal within 1 year from the date on which the incident you are complaining of took place.

If a girl wants to share time with you, you shouldn't be complaining. :bsmilie:

Our friend is harassed and you give such help? Nice cleavage.

Uglywoman.jpg

I think you can get free legal advice.
Singapore Free Legal Clinics - All

sigh .. have to stir this S@$%^ again..cos such 'wonderful investments' are still around .. they just hit on my in-laws yesterday!

The company promised to settle their earlier time-share liabilities ... but ve to pay more $$$ for a 'new investment' ! kaoz

CASE is a good source for such time-sharing schemes ..so do warn your loved ones about the following companies and names before signing on the dotted line ! ( spent the last 2 hours reading whatever online time-share blogs and hardware zone ... )

1. PETER MITCH MABBORT aka JEREMY THOMAS aka STEVEN HAWKINS (according to blogs - I wont be surprised if he has multiple passports ! )
His wife is 'CYNTHIA KAUR' ( dun we love our local CSI ? ...kudos ! )

2. DAVID GEORGE GRIMES
3. SIMON INGLES
4. NICO SEGERS
5. TONY

we were told they work as a 'team'

6. JCG CREDIT HOUSE (Middle Road)
7. REALTY ACCESS, CONCORD DEVELOPMENTS (fka CITADEL DEVELOPMENTS), ASIAN FAIR TRADE ADVISORY GROUP (AFTAG), INTERNATIONAL TIMESHARE REFUND ACTION (ITRA) , BOSTON VENTURES, GLOBAL SECURITIES, PAN ASIA INVEST PTE LTD, CITYCORP MEDIA PTE LTD
( Suntec Tower 3, Mackenzie Road, Chulia street)

8. CONCEPT CLUB SERVICES ( Selegie )
9. LANDMARK AND PORTFOLIO ( International Plaza )
10. GOODWILL ETTIKON PTE LTD ( Far East Shopping Centre )

Source : various online blogs and forums

LETS DO IT THE CS WAY ? .... Add to the list "name of company" ( where they operate - more likely last known address cos they move to evade the authorities )

Be warned and reminded !

Last edited:
just returned from one of their offices...learnt something new

Apart from AFTAG, another 'robin hood' or 'noble' company that is supposedly representing the victims of an earlier time-share program is ...ITRA

International Timeshare Refund Action Group ---> ITRA Group ( Spokesperson of ITRA-ASIA , MR FRANK TAN )

be warned....do your own checks ! Its not that difficult, google and READ CAREFULLY. I know some of us are educated enuff not to part with our hard-earned monies. Apparently, the elderly folks are ignorant about all these practices and 'noble companies' - who are supposedly helping the 'damsel in distress'. Share with your family and loved ones.

My bad if I was not clear in my above last post. I was at one of their offices to DEMAND the monies back for my IN-LAWs !

I have read a lot of online timeshare blogs and done lots of BIZ SEARCH these few days. These companies are registered at a SIMILAR non-operating address. So, do your own homework before signing on a 'dotted line'. CASE, Google and ACRA are your best friends. LOTS of RED FLAG alerts !

Be reminded and dun be ANOTHER VICTIM ! We can only create awareness ... you are still the one signing and committing.

statute of limitation. seven years, if my memory does not fail me.

just to update this thread so that your loved ones wont fall victims to such time-share scams !

Returned from SCT .... only to found out later that GLOBAL SECURITIES is NO LONGER AT 65 CHULIA STREET, #25-05, OCBC CENTRE ..... they are currently operating at

8 Temasek Boulevard,
42-01 Suntec Tower Three,
Singapore 038988

Please do your own research and advise your loved ones to alert you if they are invited for 'free' air tickets, shopping vouchers or free ipads as long as they attend talks or someone 'volunteer' to take over their past time-share investments etc. at the above location.

sigh .. have to stir this S@$%^ again..cos such 'wonderful investments' are still around .. they just hit on my in-laws yesterday!

The company promised to settle their earlier time-share liabilities ... but ve to pay more $$$ for a 'new investment' ! kaoz

CASE is a good source for such time-sharing schemes ..so do warn your loved ones about the following companies and names before signing on the dotted line ! ( spent the last 2 hours reading whatever online time-share blogs and hardware zone ... )

1. PETER MITCH MABBORT aka JEREMY THOMAS aka STEVEN HAWKINS (according to blogs - I wont be surprised if he has multiple passports ! )

2. DAVID GEORGE GRIMES
3. SIMON INGLES
4. NICO SEGERS
5. TONY

7. REALTY ACCESS, CONCORD DEVELOPMENTS (fka CITADEL DEVELOPMENTS), ASIAN FAIR TRADE ADVISORY GROUP (AFTAG), INTERNATIONAL TIMESHARE REFUND ACTION (ITRA) , BOSTON VENTURES, GLOBAL SECURITIES, PAN ASIA INVEST PTE LTD, CITYCORP MEDIA PTE LTD

11. WORLD VENTURES
12. F6 GLOBAL GROUP LTD Bestway Building #02-03, 12 Prince Edward Road, 079212
13. ROVIA

LETS DO IT THE CS WAY ? .... Add to the list "name of company" ( where they operate - more likely last known address cos they move to evade the authorities )

Be warned and reminded !

BEWARE OF ALL THESE CON ARTISTS

Just a gentle reminder.... they are not targetting us cos we ve gotten WISER... they are targeting those earlier time-share victims cos they still ve their database... they are aftering the OLD FOLKS.. so speak to the old folks over dinner or something ? If your parents were previous time share victims, please inform them about the new "ROBIN HOOD" tactic.

It was oredi in the Chinese papers not too long ago. Be reminded they are operating under DIFFERENT and NEW names ( seriously, its immaterial ) .... they are still driven by the same group of scammers .. do a ACRA search .....They put you in fear and live on your earnings.... guard your monies !

2. DAVID GEORGE GRIMES
3. SIMON INGLES
4. NICO SEGERS
5. JOHN MCKENNA
6. TONY SKINNER
7. SHAWN HOH
8. PREMNAND SHANKER
9. HAROLD TRAVIS
10. JAMES CENTERSDAM

11. WORLD VENTURES
13. ROVIA
14. AJ CHARTERED CONSULTANCY PTE LTD ( THIS IS THE ONE WHO 'RAN AWAY' FROM THE CHULIA STREET OFFICE - THIS IS THE NEW NAME)

Be warned and reminded !

Your list indicates Caucasian and Eurasian names as predominantly timeshare scam operators.
If you see them next time, tell them that time share is pass'e. The fraud is old hat and worn out. Tell them please be more creative and original if they want to cheat people. Then you should yawn in front of them.

Last edited:

2. DAVID GEORGE GRIMES
3. SIMON INGLES
4. NICO SEGERS
5. JOHN MCKENNA
6. TONY SKINNER
7. SHAWN HOH
8. PREMNAND SHANKER
9. HAROLD TRAVIS
10. JAMES CENTERSDAM

11. WORLD VENTURES
13. ROVIA
14. AJ CHARTERED CONSULTANCY PTE LTD ( THIS IS THE ONE WHO 'RAN AWAY' FROM THE CHULIA STREET OFFICE - THIS IS THE NEW NAME)

Be warned and reminded !

I fell for the scam at

8 Temasek Boulevard,
42-01 Suntec Tower Three,
Singapore 038988

did you manage to collect the refund from for your in-laws? If so, how did you do it? I really need help with this.

Please advise!

I have no experience, but you can try the small claim tribunal