timelapse (sunset) photo shoot outing - thursday 2nd july 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

pettypoh

Deregistered
Oct 10, 2010
singapore
Hi guys,

Checking to see if anybody's interested to join me for a timelapse photoshoot outing.

This outing is mainly to do a sunset timelapse and a bit of time for CBD night lights > it is because the composition is CBD building night lights, that's why cannot be on weekend, the CBD buildings don't light up as much on weekends

Time/Date: 6.30pm Thursday 2nd July 2015
Location to Meet: Art Science Museum of Marina Bay Sands > map link
Number of Participants : 5pax
End of outing: 9.00pm

This is a "free and easy" style outing, you can walk around Marina Bay Sands Waterfront Promenade to find angles you like and set up, and also leave anytime you need to go off.

I will most likely be setting up my camera at the pond surrounding Art Science Museum, and if you are interested in exchanging ideas about timelapse, we can buy GongCha and sit by the pond to discuss.

Recommended photography tools to bring
#1 - camera + wide angle lens (any brand, any make)
#2 - external intervalometer (if your camera needs)
#3 - tripod
#4 - Graduated ND filter
#5 - memory card (larger capacity & fast card preferred)
*6 - maybe a sandwich as well =)

Please list your nick below if you are interested so that I can send you a PM of my contact details, and we can call/msg when reach.

Thanks =)

Here's an example of how the sunset & composition could look like from this angle
$DSC_6604.jpg

Last edited:
thanks to those who came down this evening, great meet up and good learning experience, and showing me some fun new tools

sharing a clip so that you can see how the final effect looks like =)
[video=youtube;HXg2Tcb-ddQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HXg2Tcb-ddQ[/video]
- pettypoh
Aperture f/8
Shutter 1sec
ISO 500
Interval 6sec
Frames 178
Video FPS 25

Last edited:
Big thank you for organising tonight's outing. A real eye-opener and a treat to watch you, Bhairav and Catchlight work your magic. The results speaks for itself.

Truly a masterclass in timelapse photography.

@pettypoh - nice one again bro, I really need to practice the movement part

@bamboopictures - still learning to handle the wand bro, will take some time to create the magic :bsmilie:

Finally was able to process my attempt at hyperlapse. Its no where near as stable as the one above but still learning so its ok I guess.

[video=youtube;wd034vNWOJc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd034vNWOJc&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Status
Not open for further replies.