Status
Not open for further replies.

pettypoh

Deregistered
Oct 10, 2010
singapore
Hi guys,

First time organising an outing.

Checking to see if anybody's interested to join me for a timelapse photoshoot outing this coming weekend.

Time/Date: 8.30am Saturday 27th June 2015
Location to Meet: Outside Starbucks of One Fullerton > map link
Number of Participants : 5pax
End of outing: 10.30am

This is a "free and easy" style outing, you can walk around One Fullerton to find angles you like and set up. I will most likely be setting up my camera just in front of Starbucks, and if you are interested in exchanging ideas about timelapse, we can discuss over coffee at Starbucks as well.

Recommended photography tools to bring
#1 - camera + wide angle lens (any brand, any make)
#2 - external intervalometer (if your camera needs)
#3 - tripod
#4 - ND filter
#5 - memory card (larger capacity)

Please list your nick below if you are interested.

Thanks =)

nicer timelapse will be either sunrise or sunset... when u can see alot of changes in the sky and surroundings.

the timing you set and location... only can see ppl walking around at most...

nicer timelapse will be either sunrise or sunset... when u can see alot of changes in the sky and surroundings.

the timing you set and location... only can see ppl walking around at most...

thanks sinned79,

yeap, sunrise/sunset better but becoz first time organise, so I better keep it simple and easy timing, maybe next time then try a sunset or sunrise -- the "holy grail"

i will be there tomorrow morning to practise, just drop by and can have a chat if you're nearby =)

agree with Petty that timelapse of sunrise sunset is not easy to shoot, and post process. I only started to shoot sunrise/sunset after I have one year of experience of shooting timelapse with consistent lighting.

timelapse of human traffic is very interesting, one of my favourite subject, and I really shoot a lot of this.

Too bad that I can't join, have shoot tomorrow.

agree with Petty that timelapse of sunrise sunset is not easy to shoot, and post process. I only started to shoot sunrise/sunset after I have one year of experience of shooting timelapse with consistent lighting.

timelapse of human traffic is very interesting, one of my favourite subject, and I really shoot a lot of this.

Too bad that I can't join, have shoot tomorrow.

hi catchlights,

would have been great if you could make it, just to meet up and chat =)

the main purpose for tomorrow's outing is really more a friendly meetup and if there's any questions about timelapse (problems which i have faced before), then i can also try to help on the spot

i guess some typical questions about timelapse would also include the basics such as aperture, shutter, interval, composition, use of filters, etc

Last edited:
Aiyah buddy ... just saw your post ... much as I would love to be part of it as I just bought the Olympus wide angle lens but unfortunately I can't due to the short notice ... :mad2::mad2::mad2:

When will your next outing be, bro ?

Was there earlier. Didn't see you guys So I left at 8am. Hope to join Next time!

Is there now.. But c no one at Starbucks with ang time lapse setup

how was the outing ?

Was there earlier. Didn't see you guys So I left at 8am. Hope to join Next time!

Sure thing, meet up some other time

Is there now.. But c no one at Starbucks with ang time lapse setup

So sorry, didnt know u were coming, i met 2 other CS members and was having a chat inside starbucks at 830 then went over jubilee bridge to shoot awhile then go back to one fullerton.

how was the outing ?

It was okay. I got my test shots. Bhairav came along and he got some shots as well.

No worries, next time group outing again then i just msg u directly

thanks to bhairav for joining me and the 2 CS members who dropped by to chat - hope to catch up again sometime soon

here's a couple of test clips from today for reference of what we attempted (with some basic camera settings info included below the clips)

[video=youtube;CYtlQf__RuQ]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CYtlQf__RuQ[/video]
- pettypoh
Aperture f/16
Shutter 0.62sec
ISO 100
Interval 4sec
Frames 400
Video FPS 25
ND6stops + CPL

Last edited:
[video=youtube;xaGyvg2xXj8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xaGyvg2xXj8[/video]
- pettypoh
Aperture f/11
Shutter 0.77sec
ISO 200
Interval 3sec
Frames 400
Video FPS 25
ND6stops + CPL

[video=youtube;kpw647FAFC4]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kpw647FAFC4[/video]
- bhairav
Aperture f/11
Shutter 0.62sec
ISO 200
Interval 8sec
Frames 123
Video FPS 25
ND6stops + CPL (but i forgot to turn CPL to the correct direction)

Status
Not open for further replies.