Time to get Nikon SLR?

Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

Oct 28, 2005
NEL
Guys...issit time to get Nikon SLR? er...worried next time extinct le :cry:
1) or is getting it now too late,waste of time and waste of money?....
2)how much is it for both film and developing(<4R)? $25?:dunno:

Film and developing is less than $20 - film is $5 and developing is $15. Get a second-hand F80 - won't regret it.

ooh...any idea hw much is the F6?...looks reeeaaallly nice:D or the Nikon FM3A?:thumbsup:
lastly, the film is 24 or 36 exp.?

seanlim said:
ooh...any idea hw much is the F6?...looks reeeaaallly nice:D or the Nikon FM3A?:thumbsup:

my gawd... u really have no idea wat is a F6 SLR, or photography in general .... :what:

i must say sean is quite a funny chap....

i must say sean is quite a funny chap....

:bsmilie: ....lol...i getting really confused here:confused:

wah liddat then you gonna throw your D50 away lah. I be your dustbin can?

lol....no D50 i wont throw away lah;p ...i also just realised an F6 is like 3k? lols......i was going hrough my old pics-those instant camera kind- i realised that actually last time when only got film,...everyshot is use "heart" take one...now Digital just snap...then lack the warmth to it (the way i look at it) so i was wondering that Nikon SLR going to bo liao ...so i thought might as well get one. i personally prefer quality of film to DSLR = )

seanlim said:
lol....no D50 i wont throw away lah;p ...i also just realised an F6 is like 3k? lols......i was going hrough my old pics-those instant camera kind- i realised that actually last time when only got film,...everyshot is use "heart" take one...now Digital just snap...then lack the warmth to it (the way i look at it) so i was wondering that Nikon SLR going to bo liao ...so i thought might as well get one. i personally prefer quality of film to DSLR = )
Like NW75 said... you really don't understand photography nor appreciate the beauty of it.

seanlim said:
then y go DSLR?go back to film lar....cheaper also

seanlim said:
i personally prefer quality of film to DSLR = )
that because u leave the processing to the lab...that why it(film) look nicer...i think u too young to appreciate the good stuff(d50)

:bsmilie: omg kena again :flame:
:mad2:

seanlim said:
:bsmilie: omg kena again :flame:
:mad2:
bro if u letting go yr d50 cheap ...pm me

eow said:
that because u leave the processing to the lab...that why it(film) look nicer...i think u too young too appreciate the good stuff(d50)
Its never too young to start...its never too late to learn:D

seanlim said:
:bsmilie: ....lol...i getting really confused here:confused:

if u dont mind the extra work of bringing film to develop , collecting it and not knowing if it turns out well...yeah you should get a film SLR. I think film is great for hobby.

anyway, film cost about 3-5 dollars per roll since you are so lazy to find out. in addition, the cheaper workflow is to develop and scan to CD. Some shops let you do that. Total cost of everything is $4(film)+$3(developing)+$2.50(scan to CD)= $9.50 for 36 exposures.

You might want to do slides. Breakdown is like this: Slides $9 + Developing at Ruby's $4 without mounting = $13. Mounts are $7 for 100 pieces if i m not wrong.

Then again, you might wanna do your own black and white developing. Breakdown is like this: Black and White film $5 or Bulk Rolled ones ($2.50) , Chemicals cost about $30-40 dollars but can last you at least 20-30 rolls, Bulk Roller ($50), Developing Tank ($25) + miscellenous beakers/measuring cylinders/thermometer $20.

End of the day. Work + Time input + Learning curve surely exceeds the amount of input in digital workflow which is done mostly on Photoshop. But the rewards are satisfaction of seeing your slides on the light box, developing your black and white prints, and lastly, you have REAL PHYSICAL RAW IMAGES that you can physically keep unlike digital file formats.

okay with this inputs, now i think you can do the math for yourself, lazzy boy.

seanlim said:

F6 is S$3300 only. Add a Nikon Coolscan 5000ED for S$2800 and you get a system that is capable of getting better quality photos than D2X without any crop factor and cheaper than D2X.

BUY BUY BUY!
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

NW75 - u tried the Velvia 100 already? Mine still havent deflower yet leh :sweatsm:

bigfatfish said:
if u dont mind the extra work of bringing film to develop , collecting it and not knowing if it turns out well...yeah you should get a film SLR. I think film is great for hobby.

anyway, film cost about 3-5 dollars per roll since you are so lazy to find out. in addition, the cheaper workflow is to develop and scan to CD. Some shops let you do that. Total cost of everything is $4(film)+$3(developing)+$2.50(scan to CD)= $9.50 for 36 exposures.

You might want to do slides. Breakdown is like this: Slides $9 + Developing at Ruby's $4 without mounting = $13. Mounts are $7 for 100 pieces if i m not wrong.

Then again, you might wanna do your own black and white developing. Breakdown is like this: Black and White film $5 or Bulk Rolled ones ($2.50) , Chemicals cost about $30-40 dollars but can last you at least 20-30 rolls, Bulk Roller ($50), Developing Tank ($25) + miscellenous beakers/measuring cylinders/thermometer $20.

End of the day. Work + Time input + Learning curve surely exceeds the amount of input in digital workflow which is done mostly on Photoshop. But the rewards are satisfaction of seeing your slides on the light box, developing your black and white prints, and lastly, you have REAL PHYSICAL RAW IMAGES that you can physically keep unlike digital file formats.

okay with this inputs, now i think you can do the math for yourself, lazzy boy.
wow..thanks! a very concise break down..:bigeyes: :eek:
anw with regards to your first statement, i was thinking of use Dslr test settings first ( eg. noght scene) than use slr same setting take - blow up to 8R:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.