Time to get Nikon SLR?


Status
Not open for further replies.

seanlim

New Member
Oct 28, 2005
943
0
0
NEL
#1
Guys...issit time to get Nikon SLR? er...worried next time extinct le :cry:
1) or is getting it now too late,waste of time and waste of money?....
2)how much is it for both film and developing(<4R)? $25?:dunno:
 

P

Phildate

Guest
#3
Film and developing is less than $20 - film is $5 and developing is $15. Get a second-hand F80 - won't regret it.
 

seanlim

New Member
Oct 28, 2005
943
0
0
NEL
#4
ooh...any idea hw much is the F6?...looks reeeaaallly nice:D or the Nikon FM3A?:thumbsup:
lastly, the film is 24 or 36 exp.?
 

nightwolf75

Moderator
Staff member
Dec 18, 2003
17,858
14
38
really MORE diaper changes
#5
seanlim said:
ooh...any idea hw much is the F6?...looks reeeaaallly nice:D or the Nikon FM3A?:thumbsup:
lastly, the film is 24 or 36 exp.?
my gawd... u really have no idea wat is a F6 SLR, or photography in general .... :what:
 

code

New Member
Jan 9, 2005
1,591
0
0
#6
i must say sean is quite a funny chap....
 

code

New Member
Jan 9, 2005
1,591
0
0
#7
i must say sean is quite a funny chap....
 

seanlim

New Member
Oct 28, 2005
943
0
0
NEL
#8
:bsmilie: ....lol...i getting really confused here:confused:
 

seanlim

New Member
Oct 28, 2005
943
0
0
NEL
#11
lol....no D50 i wont throw away lah;p ...i also just realised an F6 is like 3k? lols......i was going hrough my old pics-those instant camera kind- i realised that actually last time when only got film,...everyshot is use "heart" take one...now Digital just snap...then lack the warmth to it (the way i look at it) so i was wondering that Nikon SLR going to bo liao ...so i thought might as well get one. i personally prefer quality of film to DSLR = )
 

espn

Deregistered
Dec 20, 2002
21,905
0
0
Planet Nikon
#12
seanlim said:
lol....no D50 i wont throw away lah;p ...i also just realised an F6 is like 3k? lols......i was going hrough my old pics-those instant camera kind- i realised that actually last time when only got film,...everyshot is use "heart" take one...now Digital just snap...then lack the warmth to it (the way i look at it) so i was wondering that Nikon SLR going to bo liao ...so i thought might as well get one. i personally prefer quality of film to DSLR = )
Like NW75 said... you really don't understand photography nor appreciate the beauty of it.
 

Aug 16, 2005
3,157
0
0
Singapore, CanonGraphers.org
#13
seanlim said:
lol....no D50 i wont throw away lah;p ...i also just realised an F6 is like 3k? lols......i was going hrough my old pics-those instant camera kind- i realised that actually last time when only got film,...everyshot is use "heart" take one...now Digital just snap...then lack the warmth to it (the way i look at it) so i was wondering that Nikon SLR going to bo liao ...so i thought might as well get one. i personally prefer quality of film to DSLR = )
then y go DSLR?go back to film lar....cheaper also
 

eow

Senior Member
Jun 22, 2004
10,060
6
38
#14
seanlim said:
i personally prefer quality of film to DSLR = )
that because u leave the processing to the lab...that why it(film) look nicer...i think u too young to appreciate the good stuff(d50)
 

eow

Senior Member
Jun 22, 2004
10,060
6
38
#16
seanlim said:
:bsmilie: omg kena again :flame:
:mad2:
bro if u letting go yr d50 cheap ...pm me
 

seanlim

New Member
Oct 28, 2005
943
0
0
NEL
#17
eow said:
that because u leave the processing to the lab...that why it(film) look nicer...i think u too young too appreciate the good stuff(d50)
Its never too young to start...its never too late to learn:D
 

Jan 13, 2004
997
0
0
#18
seanlim said:
:bsmilie: ....lol...i getting really confused here:confused:
if u dont mind the extra work of bringing film to develop , collecting it and not knowing if it turns out well...yeah you should get a film SLR. I think film is great for hobby.

anyway, film cost about 3-5 dollars per roll since you are so lazy to find out. in addition, the cheaper workflow is to develop and scan to CD. Some shops let you do that. Total cost of everything is $4(film)+$3(developing)+$2.50(scan to CD)= $9.50 for 36 exposures.

You might want to do slides. Breakdown is like this: Slides $9 + Developing at Ruby's $4 without mounting = $13. Mounts are $7 for 100 pieces if i m not wrong.

Then again, you might wanna do your own black and white developing. Breakdown is like this: Black and White film $5 or Bulk Rolled ones ($2.50) , Chemicals cost about $30-40 dollars but can last you at least 20-30 rolls, Bulk Roller ($50), Developing Tank ($25) + miscellenous beakers/measuring cylinders/thermometer $20.

End of the day. Work + Time input + Learning curve surely exceeds the amount of input in digital workflow which is done mostly on Photoshop. But the rewards are satisfaction of seeing your slides on the light box, developing your black and white prints, and lastly, you have REAL PHYSICAL RAW IMAGES that you can physically keep unlike digital file formats.

okay with this inputs, now i think you can do the math for yourself, lazzy boy.
 

icarus

Senior Member
Jan 27, 2002
3,874
0
0
East
#19
seanlim said:
ooh...any idea hw much is the F6?...looks reeeaaallly nice:D or the Nikon FM3A?:thumbsup:
lastly, the film is 24 or 36 exp.?
F6 is S$3300 only. Add a Nikon Coolscan 5000ED for S$2800 and you get a system that is capable of getting better quality photos than D2X without any crop factor and cheaper than D2X.

BUY BUY BUY!
:bsmilie: :bsmilie:

NW75 - u tried the Velvia 100 already? Mine still havent deflower yet leh :sweatsm:
 

seanlim

New Member
Oct 28, 2005
943
0
0
NEL
#20
bigfatfish said:
if u dont mind the extra work of bringing film to develop , collecting it and not knowing if it turns out well...yeah you should get a film SLR. I think film is great for hobby.

anyway, film cost about 3-5 dollars per roll since you are so lazy to find out. in addition, the cheaper workflow is to develop and scan to CD. Some shops let you do that. Total cost of everything is $4(film)+$3(developing)+$2.50(scan to CD)= $9.50 for 36 exposures.

You might want to do slides. Breakdown is like this: Slides $9 + Developing at Ruby's $4 without mounting = $13. Mounts are $7 for 100 pieces if i m not wrong.

Then again, you might wanna do your own black and white developing. Breakdown is like this: Black and White film $5 or Bulk Rolled ones ($2.50) , Chemicals cost about $30-40 dollars but can last you at least 20-30 rolls, Bulk Roller ($50), Developing Tank ($25) + miscellenous beakers/measuring cylinders/thermometer $20.

End of the day. Work + Time input + Learning curve surely exceeds the amount of input in digital workflow which is done mostly on Photoshop. But the rewards are satisfaction of seeing your slides on the light box, developing your black and white prints, and lastly, you have REAL PHYSICAL RAW IMAGES that you can physically keep unlike digital file formats.

okay with this inputs, now i think you can do the math for yourself, lazzy boy.
wow..thanks! a very concise break down..:bigeyes: :eek:
anw with regards to your first statement, i was thinking of use Dslr test settings first ( eg. noght scene) than use slr same setting take - blow up to 8R:bsmilie:
 

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom