Time to buy a EOS 20D body now

Status
Not open for further replies.

USM

Apr 25, 2002
Visit site
Given the falling price of EOS 20D and possibility of a replacement model due soon, should I buy a 20d body now?

Decision. :dunno:

TCW is selling brand new 20d body with 1 year shop warranty for $1,950. Look very tempting. ;p

buy buy buy .. :)

USM said:
Given the falling price of EOS 20D and possibility of a replacement model due soon, should I buy a 20d body now?

TCW is selling brand new 20d body with 1 year shop warranty for $1,950. Look very tempting. ;p

I saw that set today...seems like it's a second-hand one, not worth buying.

USM said:

new or 2nd hand!? ... makes alot different...

hold the $ till the 35d is out and see what happens next

The 20D is a good camera. Any new camera wont make your photos better. I would say the 20D is a bit of an overkill for hobbyist.

The price in HK for a new 20D is about 1,800.
So 1,950 for a new one from TCW is possible.

So what if the new model comes up. If you are on a tight budget and not be willing to splash 3k on the new one, you will just end up oogling at it and still buy the 20D. ;)

I can sense that everyone is playing the waiting game now... just like when 5D was abt to be launched. :)

Anyway, buying the new model will almost guarantee that you will lose 1/2 the $$ spent on it after a year or so. Buy used 20D, the loss will be much less but you are still getting a lot of performance from it

I am keen to see what new lens will be out though... ;p

Have patience USM, wait for the announcement ;p It's just a matter of weeks, then the prices of 20D will drop futher. I also admit that 20D is an overkill for hobbists too ;)

Xing said:
Have patience USM, wait for the announcement ;p It's just a matter of weeks, then the prices of 20D will drop futher. I also admit that 20D is an overkill for hobbists too ;)
Depends on one's shooting style though,IMO.
Portrait or artistic shooters might find it ok.
But sports shooters sure find it a lil slow...

JediForce4ever said:
Wah 5fps still slow:bigeyes: ? Heard of "one shot one kill" :D, use your ammo sparingly lah bro, even sport shooters trained their eye for the "one shot", I dont hear them spraying their ammo ;p

Xing said:
Wah 5fps still slow:bigeyes: ? Heard of "one shot one kill" :D, use your ammo sparingly lah bro, even sport shooters trained their eye for the "one shot", I dont hear them spraying their ammo ;p

its not the frame rate, its the focusing

Xing said:
Gotta burst at those kinda times when u know something intresting will happen..cannot take chances with one hit one kill, esp newbie like me..

JediForce4ever said:
Depends on one's shooting style though,IMO.
Portrait or artistic shooters might find it ok.
JediForce4ever said:
Gotta burst at those kinda times when u know something intresting will happen..cannot take chances with one hit one kill, esp newbie like me..
When you claim that you are a newbie, then how can you generalise that sport shooters sure find it (5fps!) a lil slow ...? :thumbsd:

JediForce4ever said:
That's where one have to keep eyes open & ur body ready for any unexpected events.

Its not say that u hardwire the CF slot connector to a 300GB external HDD where u'll have a (almost) unlimited supply of ammo.

Even GPMGs will also run outta ammo. :bsmilie:

jsbn said:
That's where one have to keep eyes open & ur body ready for any unexpected events.

Its not say that u hardwire the CF slot connector to a 300GB external HDD where u'll have a (almost) unlimited supply of ammo.

Even GPMGs will also run outta ammo. :bsmilie:

There's a thread here about making one of these right? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.