Time to Act

Status
Not open for further replies.

ortega

Nov 2, 2004
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Was out the whole day and had no internet access till i came back home after a meeting.

How come my tread closed?
I did not have a chance to reply .... :(

Anyway it is time to stop talking and time to Act

What can we do?

shinken has spent time posting a great tread with lots of useful information.
http://forum.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=230321

Want to learn how to shoot weddings?

First get the photography part right, you need to be consistant in getting correct exposure
the ability to read the situation and expose correctly as you envisioned
Once the technical part of photography is done.

You need to learn composition and develope your own style.
Look at the work of others and learn from them.
think what made that shot good
and can it be better? What would need to be changed?

You are now ready to shoot

But now you need to know about what happens at a wedding
know what is going to happen next
this will help you in your shoot and be ready for it in advance

best way to learn this is by being there as an observer
look around and try to spot potential shots
keep your camera and use your eyes and mind

you do not want to be distracted by shooting while observing
observe the pro at work, how he/she does it and what does he/she see?

I think it was a pretty good discussion too.

so now that it is out again

Not all of us shoot weddings?
I know that I try my best not to

so, it is not my ricebowl
why should i care?

Simply because it is happening in the playground
where me and my friends (even those that i have not met) play

if we do not care about it
then who will?

Come on peeps, do your part

I think still not complete if we do not make another Sticky for Service seekers. There is a right way to ask for service and there is a wrong way to ask for service.

Wrong way:
I have $x amount budget and want photographer for xhours.

Right way:
State the scope which you need cover and let the market forces quote you what they can do for you with that scope of work, more details the better. Then budget can be discussed.

Can someone expand on this, I don't shoot professionally and not in this business, good to have some kind of template for those seeking service here. At least, a more professional nicer way of asking for service, just like they would when they visit a photo studio for service I guess.

Just my 2 cents. Someone please write it down on another thread and hopefully a Sticky and everytime a service seeker comes and if not sure we can point them to the Sticky, what say you?

../azul123

that thread closed? Jus manage to read abit yesterday nite, thought of posting today.....................late, and thread closed for nothing........what the hell mods are thinking, maybe they are the ones shotting for $200 or foc.

back to this, support ortega on this, and anything need my help just let me know.:)

I think still not complete if we do not make another Sticky for Service seekers. There is a right way to ask for service and there is a wrong way to ask for service.

Wrong way:
I have $x amount budget and want photographer for xhours.

Right way:
State the scope which you need cover and let the market forces quote you what they can do for you with that scope of work, more details the better. Then budget can be discussed.

Can someone expand on this, I don't shoot professionally and not in this business, good to have some kind of template for those seeking service here. At least, a more professional nicer way of asking for service, just like they would when they visit a photo studio for service I guess.

Just my 2 cents. Someone please write it down on another thread and hopefully a Sticky and everytime a service seeker comes and if not sure we can point them to the Sticky, what say you?

../azul123

A very useful suggestion.

.......what the hell mods are thinking, maybe they are the ones shotting for $200 or foc.
I closed the thread as the replies from bride2be and the rest of the members "involved" were veering Off-Topic and generally turning into a slanging match with all sides defending their own viewpoints. There was no end-game in sight other than everyone getting all worked up.

The discussion, quite rightly, can be continued in shinken's thread. Closed threads do not mean that discussions cannot be done, just that, in that particular thread, it has veered off-course. The thread remains visible to all - we did not delete it - thus remains in the open for all to read and digest.

And, just for your information, none of the Mods/Admins to the best of my knowledge charge $200 for wedding shoots. We charge at least $2000.

OK, gave it some tought

the budding photographers learn from the more experienced photographers
now that they have mastered the skill and want to practice
(not build portfolio, unless the groom and bride is really photogenic or someone special)

way not someone org a wedding day shoot, get a photogenic model with nice gown and makeup. charge a fee and let the budding photographers practice their skills
since the model (real one, not XMM) will be photogenic, i would suppose that
the pictures will be better for portfolio too.

1. outdoor shot
2. tea ceremony shot
3. exchange ring shot
4. the all important "you may kiss the bride" shot
5. throwing the flowers shot.

I am sure you can get at least 20 participants

I closed the thread as the replies from bride2be and the rest of the members "involved" were veering Off-Topic and generally turning into a slanging match with all sides defending their own viewpoints. There was no end-game in sight other than everyone getting all worked up.

The discussion, quite rightly, can be continued in shinken's thread. Closed threads do not mean that discussions cannot be done, just that, in that particular thread, it has veered off-course. The thread remains visible to all - we did not delete it - thus remains in the open for all to read and digest.

And, just for your information, none of the Mods/Admins to the best of my knowledge charge $200 for wedding shoots. We charge at least $2000.

thank you for the clarification.
$2000! :eek: then die lah, i must keep quiet already

anyway for the good of the community - it is time to act

also the experienced photogs impart their knowledge to the budding photogs
the budding photogs then use this knowledge to "practice" and in the process
slowly destroying the reputation of CS and the industry.

Something is not right......

I do my bit for this community when ever i can
now is time for those who have received to give something back

also the experienced photogs impart their knowledge to the budding photogs
the budding photogs then use this knowledge to "practice" and in the process
slowly destroying the reputation of CS and the industry.

Something is not right......

I do my bit for this community when ever i can
now is time for those who have received to give something back

ya... would like to add, i dun have enuff space for PMs, cos i always have alot of PMs asking me misc stuff, hehe, i give back to the CS community by sharing what i have learnt over here...

i can teach exposure, and compostion but cannot teach style, cos style have to be individually developed... hehe... i'm a newbie willing to share...

:thumbsup: S$2k is just abt right.

S$200! *snigger*

it seems that there is a certain "useless woman who can't afford to hire a professional photographer." still hanging around digging up old treads.

do i smell a troll?

i know one of the moderators in here charge a minimum of 3500.... :sweat: and his equipment is super entry level.

Status
Not open for further replies.