Time Share in Orchard MRT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minority

Jul 26, 2002
Singapore
www.pbase.com
Hi

Was wondering if anyone has been to Orchard MRT? Lately seem like lots of Time share touts are there. They apprently apporach u for a "survey". But all they want it to lure u into one of those 1hr presentation and apply peer pressure sales tatics to foce you to sign up for a $24K/12K time share thingy..

But seriously I seen people kana con there everyday.. a friend of mine kana pressured to pay for $2K for a year. He was kept in the room for 4 hrs.. and they refused to let him leave. Believe they ask to keep ur IC on the basis to make a copy of it etc. so u can claim the gift. etc etc.

So people be aware of sucn scams..

min

Thank for the info...

I think I will bring out my mobile and let them know that I am going to press "999" if they refused to let me leave out...

actually its not a scam lah....its only if u use it..i think its worth wile....alot of people over the world loves free and easy tour....they take up alot of timeshare...some even have a couple of timeshare from different companies...

so if you are those types of people who travels alot freely...i would presume its worth for you...

just some comments..:)

True that timeshare is not really a scam.. but the way they trick people to attend their sales pitch session, the way they pressurise u to buy, dun let u leave.. etc.. is really overboard... :angry:

Originally posted by MatthewSCL
actually its not a scam lah....its only if u use it..i think its worth wile....alot of people over the world loves free and easy tour....they take up alot of timeshare...some even have a couple of timeshare from different companies...

so if you are those types of people who travels alot freely...i would presume its worth for you...

just some comments..:)

:)

time share is not a scam but the sales tatics to get u to sit in a 1hr peer pressure sales tatics and the request for your credit card last 4 digits and with helding of IC. Plus the dragging of the session from 1hr to 4 hrs disallowing the person to leave is a scam.

And paying $2K or 24K/12K.. well unless I travel 365 days a year I seriously doubt the worth of it. Plus when it come to booking the places at may times they are not available.

Just my coments too :p

Yes definetly....I hate their sales tatics too....seems to me everyone is getting their first price lucky draw...if you know what i mean...

but i dont think we can stop this kind of things...
i think that many people had complained before to the ..consumer..something...cant really remember....but i dont think they are able to solve the problem as those people signed the BLACK and White Liao...:dunno:

The last time I went for a timeshare talk, I made them send me out early with the gift :eek: :D .

They were explicit saying that they would want you to say for an hour of talk. They did take down my IC number but not hold it. If you choose not to go and they still insist, you can call the police for illegal detention.

Main problem is the lies that were told by the sales people. If it were a fair deal where facts instead of lies were presented, no one would complain.

i hate them.. irritating ppl on the streets
i hate multi level marketing.. especially one company in SG :angry:

Here is my 'experience' with one of these timeshare touts:

One of them was approaching my wife and kept bugging her even though she said 'no' and was avoiding him. He kept blocking her way and as I was behind her, I quickly walked towards them. As the guy was in my way, I brushed him away (gently) from myself and my wife, and proceeded to walk away. He started mouthing obscenities and when I turned back to look at him, he gave me the 'what the f*** you looking at' face. I walked towards him and asked him what did he want. He accused me of pushing him and said that if I wasn't interested I need not push him away. Despite my saying that I merely brushed him aside he kept harping on me 'pushing' him and he looked like he was waiting for me to use force on him.

I turned my back on him as I wouldn't take the bait. As I walked off, he shouted out 'coward'. I turned around again and he gave me that look again. I wasn't going to fall for it and decided he wasn't worth it and walked off. He kept on shouting 'coward' louder and louder as I walked off.

Originally posted by funksoulava
Here is my 'experience' with one of these timeshare touts:

One of them was approaching my wife and kept bugging her even though she said 'no' and was avoiding him. He kept blocking her way and as I was behind her, I quickly walked towards them. As the guy was in my way, I brushed him away (gently) from myself and my wife, and proceeded to walk away. He started mouthing obscenities and when I turned back to look at him, he gave me the 'what the f*** you looking at' face. I walked towards him and asked him what did he want. He accused me of pushing him and said that if I wasn't interested I need not push him away. Despite my saying that I merely brushed him aside he kept harping on me 'pushing' him and he looked like he was waiting for me to use force on him.

I turned my back on him as I wouldn't take the bait. As I walked off, he shouted out 'coward'. I turned around again and he gave me that look again. I wasn't going to fall for it and decided he wasn't worth it and walked off. He kept on shouting 'coward' louder and louder as I walked off.

It takes more courage to walk away than to give in to one's anger...

Well done! :)

Why not organised an outing and shoot them begging people to buy their "time share" thingy? Let them feel how it feel like to have 30+ people with very big camera and big flash heads shooting at them? Hope fully they will understand how annoying are they to other.

Originally posted by GoclPa
i hate them.. irritating ppl on the streets
i hate multi level marketing.. especially one company in SG :angry:

you talking about NOP?

Actually, I'll call the police.
What he did can be considered public nuisance. Just pick up your phone and make a report.
:dunno:

I believe only the authorities can demand or withhold one's identification card. Report to the cops.

Actually I told some off who are so persistant in getting you to do their lucky draw " Sure win scam". But there are times I see some of them who are at the somersat MRT which are very young. Kind of pity so I just help them do the survey but give them a fake Tel no. Coz I thik this is a different group which would call to pester you to join thier golf timeshare. thing.. and they keep calling..

Originally posted by Klipsch
I believe only the authorities can demand or withhold one's identification card. Report to the cops.

Yeah but there are many people that are not aware.. For example today I saw the middle age lady so happy that she thought she won the 1st price.. And the girl who "surveyed" her acted so extatic that she is the only winner she have ever seen that won the 1st price.

I almosted want to walk over to tell the poor lady what to expect....next :devil:

Originally posted by Minority
Yeah but there are many people that are not aware.. For example today I saw the middle age lady so happy that she thought she won the 1st price.. And the girl who "surveyed" her acted so extatic that she is the only winner she have ever seen that won the 1st price.

I almosted want to walk over to tell the poor lady what to expect....next :devil:

I think you should! They often target at the unaware consumers, especially middle age or retiring folks. My friend's parents, both educated teachers, somehow ended up as victims too!

Originally posted by baobei
I think you should! They often target at the unaware consumers, especially middle age or retiring folks. My friend's parents, both educated teachers, somehow ended up as victims too!

Yeah maybe the next time i will do that... or maybe take some shots of them...

Status
Not open for further replies.