Time on your phone

Kit

Jan 19, 2002
Upper Bukit Timah
www.arkitecturalphotography.com
I've always set the time on my iPhone automatically. All was good until yesterday where it ran slower by 5 minutes. i have verified this with a few sites and the time is indeed running slow. Singtel user. Anyone noticed this?

No issue here. But I guess Android uses standard NTP servers, not the time signal from the operator network.

I've always depended on my good O' Casio G-Shock for my timing... but similar to Octarine... didn't notice anything wrong with my phone [samsung Tab S) timing... could be a Singtel issue...

I've always set the time on my iPhone automatically. All was good until yesterday where it ran slower by 5 minutes. i have verified this with a few sites and the time is indeed running slow. Singtel user. Anyone noticed this?

Time to change to android La.

Happened for me yesterday, mobile clock went 5 mins slow. Using android phone and on Singtel network.

I'm using an iphone with Singtel provider, also set to auto, so far no issue

Wow...I thought it was because of my recent trip to Korea that caused it.

My phone (Xperia Z1 Compact) is also slower, but by 6 minutes (Singtel), switched to manual.

An update.

Time on my phone continue to go off tangent by as much as 15 mins. This went on for about a month. Decided to switch back to automatic again last week and it's good and on the dot again.

i run custom ROMs. no issue.

Buy a $15 Casio from Mustafa ... Cheap and good...

It's not just to tell the time. If the time on the phone is not running correctly, there are implications. All messages will not show in chronological sequence. It's chaos. Cheap and good Casio cannot sort it out.

It's not just to tell the time. If the time on the phone is not running correctly, there are implications. All messages will not show in chronological sequence. It's chaos. Cheap and good Casio cannot sort it out.

Before the age of the smartphone, such mis-timing happens to computers leading to wrong chronological issues but the phones/computers today has program to prevent that so long you have internet access ( for your emails as well). My android /PCs will check the time accuracy online to maintain accuracy.

But the many Casio watches I have ever owned till today, none of them have ever failed short of battery run dead hahahah...

and I couldn't draw connection between this and Casio.

It's like saying a Toyota having problems with the clutch but a horse-drawn carriage can keep on going as long as the horses are alive.....