Time Lapse

flipfreak

Nov 26, 2007
Singapore
www.rogerchua.com
i want to do a short time lapse clip on my camera but i don't own a intervalometer or want to lug out a laptop to run eos utility. any suggestion other than press down the shutter manually every 5 sec for 3hrs? :bsmilie:

not sure what camera you're using... you may try to google firmware hack for your camera... i seen quite a number of firmware hacks for Canon P&S to include intervalometer function... can't remember whether i seen those for Canon DSLR...

hope this helps...

not sure what camera you're using... you may try to google firmware hack for your camera... i seen quite a number of firmware hacks for Canon P&S to include intervalometer function... can't remember whether i seen those for Canon DSLR...

hope this helps...

thanks. i saw a hack using a calculator ... :dunno:

There is this iphone apps call DSLRemote. With that I can control my DSLR with my iphone but the crap side is... you need to run a server on your netbook/laptop and connect your DSLR to that netbook. Hence I guess it defeat the purpose... lol

But I manage to get 1 sec per shot using that apps. which suppress the 5 sec interval of EOS ulitity.

There is this iphone apps call DSLRemote. With that I can control my DSLR with my iphone but the crap side is... you need to run a server on your netbook/laptop and connect your DSLR to that netbook. Hence I guess it defeat the purpose... lol

But I manage to get 1 sec per shot using that apps. which suppress the 5 sec interval of EOS ulitity.

ok. i need to buy an iphone then. lol. :bsmilie:

i want to do a short time lapse clip on my camera but i don't own a intervalometer or want to lug out a laptop to run eos utility. any suggestion other than press down the shutter manually every 5 sec for 3hrs? :bsmilie:
use a intervalometer, the china knock off brand is only $80, you can sit back relax and drink a beer.

far better than press the shutter release for 2160 times in 3 hours.

lol...get the battery grip with time lapse function, much cheaper than iphone. :D
i think you can get one from artworkfoto..

http://www.artworkfoto.com/canon.html

Last edited:
I bought a Pixel Timer Remote Control from OP two weeks back, for $80. it works. TC-252 Timer Remote Control - Pixel Enterprise Co., Ltd

actually wanted to get a Phottix Nikos Timer Remote but OP don't have it there.

thanks! interestingly, the one i found from artworkfoto is also around the same price range. will look at the other 2 and consider them too. thanks again!!! :heart:

actually buy online ~$40 can get... i got mine throught ebay... however this can only program 399 shots rather than 999

i think there is a better model but only slightly more expensive, but this works just fine....

http://cgi.ebay.com.sg/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230476025990

i just realise its the same one that artworkfoto is selling. haha.

not sure whether 399 shots is a big restriction for making a 5 to 10 mins clip. :think:

not sure about the model flowerpot recommended, however for the Phottix Nikos Timer Remote and the Pixel TC-252 Timer Remote Control, if didn't specify numbers of shots, it will be no restriction of how many shots.

since we are at this topic, like to know what software you will use for making it into a video?

not sure about the model flowerpot recommended, however for the Phottix Nikos Timer Remote and the Pixel TC-252 Timer Remote Control, if didn't specify numbers of shots, it will be no restriction of how many shots.

since we are at this topic, like to know what software you will use for making it into a video?

i realise the site he showed is the same models as the ones selling on cs.

i tried using ulead video studio but it is tedious. i am going to try it on quick time pro instead. i think it is easier to adjust the frame duration with it. glad u brought it up.

maybe someone who tried can offer some suggestions on the software. looking for something easy to adjust the frame duration at 1 go.

i realise the site he showed is the same models as the ones selling on cs.

i tried using ulead video studio but it is tedious. i am going to try it on quick time pro instead. i think it is easier to adjust the frame duration with it. glad u brought it up.

maybe someone who tried can offer some suggestions on the software. looking for something easy to adjust the frame duration at 1 go.
sorry, miss out your post,

I'm using VirtualDub http://www.virtualdub.org/, is a freeware, the output is only avi, but not a big issue, since I only try it out, until more familiar with TL photography, will than consider other paid programe. :)

Last edited:

hope this helps...

I also think so.

sorry, miss out your post,

I'm using VirtualDub http://www.virtualdub.org/, is a freeware, the output is only avi, but not a big issue, since I only try it out, until more familiar with TL photography, will than consider other paid programe. :)

i went and tried virtualdub. can't figure out how to use. too complex already. haha.

i find that quicktime pro seems to be the easiest way to do it. just pick the starting image n decide the fps for the clip. then a clip is generated. the file size will be a total of the pics file size i think. very big but very high quality also.

going to shoot this weekend. it was successful on the first try but couldn't manage the exposure and white balance that well for a sunrise shoot. will shoot something with less lighting transitions. :sweat: