time and tide waits for no man...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeanie

May 19, 2005
t22.jpg

I am still waiting for my first Rolex :bsmilie:

:think: MMmmm how about 1:25, will make this watch look like smilling:bsmilie: just kidding!

dun understd neh

Neither do I.

Anyway, since no one actually commented on the pic,

Was the logo on the box supposed to be OOF? It looks soft.

The space above works well, 'cos it balances with the box below; the watch is almost dead centre, space on top, box below.

Neither do I.

Anyway, since no one actually commented on the pic,

Was the logo on the box supposed to be OOF? It looks soft.

The space above works well, 'cos it balances with the box below; the watch is almost dead centre, space on top, box below.

ya.focus is on watch.
dof not suff for logo to be sharp.
anyway, 2 minute setup.
maybe when i have time i try something better.

i'm trying to recreate the lighting effect such that the multicoating can be seen.but obviously it didnt work for me.

:dunno:

dun understd neh

(1325hr):bsmilie: eeeer! i mean the watch's needle lah but its not important & got nothing to do wit the photo lah.i guess.....haha. coz i seen many advertiser on watch & notice that always the needle show on 1410hr or 1350hr...just like u..but dont know y:dunno: but...i know u know y...can tell me?

:think: ok now is time to give some comment....

i think if u put a reflector on the left hand side of the watch it might work. coz it too dark ler...may be my monitor problem:dunno:

(1325hr):bsmilie: eeeer! i mean the watch's needle lah but its not important & got nothing to do wit the photo lah.i guess.....haha. coz i seen many advertiser on watch & notice that always the needle show on 1410hr or 1350hr...just like u..but dont know y:dunno: but...i know u know y...can tell me?

i think if u put a reflector on the left hand side of the watch it might work. coz it too dark ler...may be my monitor problem:dunno:

Yeap, left side dimmer by a fair bit. Looks shadowy.

yes it is how the marketing photo of watch was taken. :)

:think: this shot is a consider a low key setting of studio light if i'm not wrong.haha(any how just said lah, i just a newbie, dont blame me if i'm wrong)

i also seen many of nikon DSLR ads(in mag), they also shoot most of their DSLR in very low light.:thumbsup: so ur photo for me still can accept.hehehe. coz u got ur own creativity.

i still dont understand the 1325 thingee...comon, come straight to the point.i'm a absolute noob when it comes to 'macro' and still life.

reflector ah?i go find my styrofoam.over weekends i shoot more and try again.

btw, anyone knows how to recreate the 'multicoating' effect seen in nikon brochures?
this watch is multicoated.but when i angle it towards the light, still has reflection.
i guess those pics in nikon brochures did alot of PP.

i still dont understand the 1325 thingee...comon, come straight to the point.i'm a absolute noob when it comes to 'macro' and still life.

reflector ah?i go find my styrofoam.over weekends i shoot more and try again.

btw, anyone knows how to recreate the 'multicoating' effect seen in nikon brochures?
this watch is multicoated.but when i angle it towards the light, still has reflection.
i guess those pics in nikon brochures did alot of PP.

At your angle of the photo, it would make the needles look as if it were in a smiley at that time setting....

Likewise, when you shoot a watch straight head-on... you want the needles to face at the 2 and the 10... so it gives a V ;)

At your angle of the photo, it would make the needles look as if it were in a smiley at that time setting....

Likewise, when you shoot a watch straight head-on... you want the needles to face at the 2 and the 10... so it gives a V ;)

i really cant visualise the smileys!:cry:

By setting the watch to 10:10, you give the watch face similar geometric patterns as a human face (nose and eyes). This is a psychological trick and results in a pleasing effect.

By setting the watch to 10:10, you give the watch face similar geometric patterns as a human face (nose and eyes). This is a psychological trick and results in a pleasing effect.

really ah?means i so zun ah?:bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.