Timberland or Redwing boots are better?

Status
Not open for further replies.

XXX Boy

Jan 11, 2004
GEYLAND LOR 15 LO
I am planning to buy a pair of leather boots for my wife. But still dunno which is better and more comfortable to wear for causal walking and traveling.
I myself owned a pair of Redwings find it very comfortable and best thing is even the sole can be replaced..can the Timberland ones be replaced too?
But some spots are coming out from my Redwings boots...:bheart:

dsc00018yw0.jpg

I think it still looks good. I think if you use brown Kiwi on it, the spots will go away in time. :)

Looks good meh? I think from the pics you can't see the spots clearly lo...

This kind of shoes must look a bit rugged then got 'seh' mah...

There's an old saying that if you buy shoes for your loved ones, they will run away....

touch wood for u la...its just an old saying.:bsmilie:

I am planning to buy a pair of leather boots for my wife. But still dunno which is better and more comfortable to wear for causal walking and traveling.
I myself owned a pair of Redwings find it very comfortable and best thing is even the sole can be replaced..can the Timberland ones be replaced too?
But some spots are coming out from my Redwings boots...:bheart:

dsc00018yw0.jpg

u need kiwi for such shoes... ! Redwings is much much better.. i find Timerland quality is not so strong as before.. it is becoming more like Hush Puppies type...

owned and wore both previously
found the redwing one quite hard to break in, not so comfy
timberland more comfy but easier to spoil.

think the best is bring ur wife go down and test test both.
her feet will have their own opinion.

owned and wore both previously
found the redwing one quite hard to break in, not so comfy
timberland more comfy but easier to spoil.

think the best is bring ur wife go down and test test both.
her feet will have their own opinion.

True! Redwings one took very long time to break in..haha..almost 2 mths for my pair! :bigeyes:
I had never tried Timberland but I found their boots very nice!

There's an old saying that if you buy shoes for your loved ones, they will run away....

Then I ask her to buy herself liao! :lovegrin:
Save my mon-nee! :sweatsm:

sorry to say this, but timberlands are fashion boots with a nod to outdoor pursuits.. not what i would choose if i had to do hardcore walking.

also, for proper walking, few people use leather these days... the weight and water breathing ability arent fantastic compared to the goretex or similar hiking boots that you can get.

you can get goretex from e-mart. :)

sorry to say this, but timberlands are fashion boots with a nod to outdoor pursuits.. not what i would choose if i had to do hardcore walking.

also, for proper walking, few people use leather these days... the weight and water breathing ability arent fantastic compared to the goretex or similar hiking boots that you can get.

i beg to differ on ur point.

agree that timberland are now catering to the public, quality is suffering. but they do still have good stuff around

for proper walking, timberland 6" boots are widely recommended for urban travel. goretex is overrate for boots, they will still get wet. a good pair of boots must be rugged enough and strong enough to support the ankles for range walking. most synthetic leather boots these days tear so easily after a few hikes.

think of this. remember our old combat boots? multi-tasking hard as nail boots, made of good leather. waterproof (to a certain extent) and comfortable for all stuff, even 100km route marches. compared to the gore-tex boots the army is supplying now.. heck i killed one just last week.

i beg to differ on ur point.

agree that timberland are now catering to the public, quality is suffering. but they do still have good stuff around

for proper walking, timberland 6" boots are widely recommended for urban travel. goretex is overrate for boots, they will still get wet. a good pair of boots must be rugged enough and strong enough to support the ankles for range walking. most synthetic leather boots these days tear so easily after a few hikes.

think of this. remember our old combat boots? multi-tasking hard as nail boots, made of good leather. waterproof (to a certain extent) and comfortable for all stuff, even 100km route marches. compared to the gore-tex boots the army is supplying now.. heck i killed one just last week.

that is why I am still keeping my old army boots! indestructible!!!! :cool:

Just ask her give you $1 or something lor. In a way she "buy" it from you mah ;)

The new army boots are not tough lo ...too soft liao la...many injured their ankle lo!

Consider boots from BATA? :bsmilie:
Cheap cheap and quality is ok for its price.

Status
Not open for further replies.