Tim Sum (Muslim friends may find the pics a little uncomfortable)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeff

Apr 27, 2002
www.asianhomebiz.com
Guess the Penang Laksa was quite tasty for some folks. Let's try something light this time.

Tim Sum

33099976.jpg

33099974.jpg

33099975.jpg

Guess this is my last Tim Sum this year with my travelling buddy. I wish him all the best in his work.

Jeff said:
Guess the Penang Laksa was quite tasty for some folks. Let's try something light this time.

Tim Sum

33099976.jpg

33099974.jpg

33099975.jpg

Guess this is my last Tim Sum this year with my travelling buddy. I wish him all the best in his work.
:dunno:

BTW: There is a Halal TimSum in Bukit Timah...

Hmm... :thumbsup: to jeff for being sensitive...and thoughtful...But errr....
what is there in the image that has got to make a Muslim uncomfortable....

1st and 2nd photo okay....but why thr 2nd photo "bo-gay"....missing one dimsum.

rgds,
Sulhan

sulhan said:
BTW: There is a Halal TimSum in Bukit Timah...

Hmm... :thumbsup: to jeff for being sensitive...and thoughtful...But errr....
what is there in the image that has got to make a Muslim uncomfortable....

1st and 2nd photo okay....but why thr 2nd photo "bo-gay"....missing one dimsum.

rgds,
Sulhan

Cause it contains some pork. The last pix is pork ribs. The second "Siu mai" comes in 4s. Got to try the Halal TimSum next time. ;p

You should have placed the back 2 'Siew Mai' closer to fill the empty space.

Newman said:
You should have placed the back 2 'Siew Mai' closer to fill the empty space.

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: . Guess I am more concerned with the taste rather than the presentation here. Too hungry to wait liaoh. Imagine one bite and all the juice just flow. ;p

Doesn't appeal to me. Here's why:

1. For pic #1, you're focusing on the red chili rather than the dumpling. Either that or DOF not enough. I understand you're trying to create an effect here, but didn't quite manage because of wrong focusing.

2. For pic #2, I still find your DOF not enough. You should place the 'siu mai' on the left closer to the one on the right, and then get a bit more DOF to keep the 2 'siu mai' in focus, while throwing out the other 2 beind out.

3. Pic #3, don't know what the subject is without your explanation. Can be pork rib, chicken, part of chicken claws, etc. Guess zooming out a bit may do the trick.

Just my thoughts. No hard feelings please.

Virgo said:
Doesn't appeal to me. Here's why:

1. For pic #1, you're focusing on the red chili rather than the dumpling. Either that or DOF not enough. I understand you're trying to create an effect here, but didn't quite manage because of wrong focusing.

2. For pic #2, I still find your DOF not enough. You should place the 'siu mai' on the left closer to the one on the right, and then get a bit more DOF to keep the 2 'siu mai' in focus, while throwing out the other 2 beind out.

3. Pic #3, don't know what the subject is without your explanation. Can be pork rib, chicken, part of chicken claws, etc. Guess zooming out a bit may do the trick.

Just my thoughts. No hard feelings please.

Thanks. Since I put these images up here, they are open to critiques. For the last pix, I only decided to take the pix after I gulped down a chunk off it.

I will try to keep your tips in mind next time. :)

Sorry, forgotten to add:

The lighting and the colours appeal to me, however. Good work on these 2 factors! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.