Tiger Woods in Dubai Desert Classic 2006 golf tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter_Tee

Oct 20, 2005
Singapore
www.tikuphoto.com
Tiger Woods practising before the second round of 2006 Dubai Desert Classic golf tournament.

Tiger_Woods.jpg

The above picture was taken around 9:30 AM while Tiger was warming up in driving range before his second round.

I was using Canon 20D with 100-400 IS L lens.

The details of shot are:
exposure: 1/800 s
f/6.3
ISO: 200
Focal length: 400 mm

I'd appreciate if you could comment on this photo.

One concern I have is if the exposure level is correct? The photo looks good in my LCD screen but the screen is not yet calibrated. I shoot using RAW format, so correcting exposure level is easy.

What else should I improve?

In this photo, I was trying to capture only the upper part of the body on purpose. I have some full body photos too. Maybe I post those later to separate thread...

Nice, you saw THE man himself in person...

Is that a nike 3 wood?

I think you need to place a silver reflector in front of him to get better facial details, just joking. Seriously, don't know if this kind of quality shot is of commercial value, or is it easily obtainable. One thing about shooting golfer is that taking shots at the up swing is prohibited in close proximity as it is highly distracting, you get your gear snap away by his caddy!

Tulip123 said:
I think you need to place a silver reflector in front of him to get better facial details, just joking. Seriously, don't know if this kind of quality shot is of commercial value, or is it easily obtainable. One thing about shooting golfer is that taking shots at the up swing is prohibited in close proximity as it is highly distracting, you get your gear snap away by his caddy!

Hi,

I know it is prohibited to shoot up-swing and down-swing before hitting the ball while they are playing. However, in the driving range before the round they are not that strict. And as I didn't have any special privileges I had to shoot far away (maybe 30-40 meters away) - therefore the camera wasn't disturbing players while they are practising. The problem while shooting was there were all the time people blocking the view. Only managed to get few good shots.

drake336 - If I remember correctly (and looking for the size of the club head) he was using his driver when I shot this pic.

check out that posture man! :bsmilie:

seriously though, i think you could've stopped down a bit more. the arms seem to be a bit OOF whilst the ONE is pin sharp

Hiee Bro...

That is really a simple and good capture of the moment and his face shows some level of concentration...

Well...thought of just editing it for fun....hope you dont mind...here is the result...

tigeredit.jpg

:)

Removed some stuff from the image to clean it up abit....heheh

or maybe this version (pun intended)
tigeredit.jpg

Watever distracting factor in the top rite corner has been removed(by sulhan), ofcoz the clarity will be better if u could have gotten closer. Think its the best that it can be, unless if u had also gotten the multiple exposure of his full swing. Then kudos to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.