tiger of tanglin halt

Status
Not open for further replies.

attap seed

Feb 16, 2006
i like this image.

but as i focused on catching the open mouth, i cropped off the legs.

is the picture ruined as a result?

or is it still acceptable, since the focus is on the head, not the legs?

or can it be salvaged by croppin even closer, removing the legs (almost) completely, so that the open mouth is even more dominant?

Picture_205.jpg

Crop really tight and see how. I suspect it would be better.

CHEERS!

Cute shot BTW!

good shot, captures the moment.
wanna see the paws though.

Nice, but would have prefer to have the legs as well. Maybe a verticle frame may be better, since the sides do not add much to the photo.

Perhaps a square aspect ratio slightly off center would work. Or crop portrait from just above where the legs join the body.

heehe...good capture. Pity about the legs tho.

But still as a picture I find it pretty amusing. Perhaps if you crop it such that the cat's mouth is nearer to the top right side (ie: rule of thirds), you might get a better effect. Or just crop really tight around the head only.

:cool:

Since you already chopped off the paws might as well go all the way
and crop it real close
Might look better that way IMHO

hi all, thanks for the advise :).

ha i m a former blk 45 stayer!

the background is distracting. a close crop would result in a ferocious shot, juz my opinion. Close-up with very wide angle lens will exaggerate mouth's opening further.

ha i m a former blk 45 stayer!

the background is distracting. a close crop would result in a ferocious shot, juz my opinion. Close-up with very wide angle lens will exaggerate mouth's opening further.

the background on the left is quite bright and can be distracting.

but i am also trying to show the cat in relation to its surrounding.

cant exactly remember the lens settings but i am shooting almost at the minimum focusing distance.

you dfinitely caught the shot at the right moment!
I was thinking if tightly crop and blur background, ppl wld believe it's a real tiger!

nvm, i go tanglin halt look for the cat again.

will remember to pay more attention to the composition in the future.

the background on the left is quite bright and can be distracting.

but i am also trying to show the cat in relation to its surrounding.

cant exactly remember the lens settings but i am shooting almost at the minimum focusing distance.

I like the background. I think it is out of focus so doesn't really distract much and yet gives a clue of the surroundings. If no background, maybe this "tiger" from africa we also dunno. The mouth is pretty powerful enough to capture our attention already.

The MAIN thing I don't like is the paws.... It really distracts me.... but good idea, like me see if I can find any tigers in AMK :)

Status
Not open for further replies.