Tiger Cup 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyfiddler

Sep 8, 2002
Singapore just got trashed by Malaysia 4-nil!

Wow! At the rate the Singapore team is playing, looks like Goal 2010 is a 'reality'! We are going to the World Cup.... as spectators!

Ole! Ole! Ole!

serious?????
wow i'm actually watching the tv now but now i think can switch channels liao

Ya! no joke!

I watched the match 'Live' on cable! You should watch the match... the Lions... really no fire in the belly.

And the foreign talents! Largely anonymous! So much for our 'Get Foreign' talent policy!

Originally posted by Porky Pig
Ya! no joke!

I watched the match 'Live' on cable! You should watch the match... the Lions... really no fire in the belly.

And the foreign talents! Largely anonymous! So much for our 'Get Foreign' talent policy!

looks like the useless foreign talents are inferior to those local malaysians! this is really embaressing for singapore.... and to think before the match, they actually boast here boast there..
:bwhat:

Originally posted by icarus

looks like the useless foreign talents are inferior to those local malaysians! this is really embaressing for singapore.... and to think before the match, they actually boast here boast there..
:bwhat:

Sure looks like it. It's sad isn't it?

Just imagine, the Singapore team can't even get the SEA Games Gold and they talk about going to the World Cup???

I know it is good to have 'Stretch Goals' but I think a 'Reality Check' is more appropriate.

I can't stand watching local soccer. Too used to EPL standards. Even for EPL I only bother watching the big teams play. Are any of you guys regular viewers of local soccer?

Originally posted by Porky Pig

Sure looks like it. It's sad isn't it?

Just imagine, the Singapore team can't even get the SEA Games Gold and they talk about going to the World Cup???

I know it is good to have 'Stretch Goals' but I think a 'Reality Check' is more appropriate.

GOAL 2010 is an impossible target lah, maybe GOAL 3000 is a more likely target... hahaha even vietnam stands a higher chance than singapore

Originally posted by maddog
I can't stand watching local soccer. Too used to EPL standards. Even for EPL I only bother watching the big teams play. Are any of you guys regular viewers of local soccer?

use to watch the Malaysian League back in the early 90s. but now i prefer to watch Italia footy, more excitement and pretty football and lesser kelong!

hahah sighz. Humiliated. Maybe should set target to win Tiger Cup in 2010 instead. After so many years of our own S-league, how much has the standard of playing improve here? Still got light years to go before we can catch up with the Thais.

Originally posted by icarus

use to watch the Malaysian League back in the early 90s. but now i prefer to watch Italia footy, more excitement and pretty football and lesser kelong!

I think Italian Soccer is also damn kelong! Actually i do believe there is kelong in every league..... just to what extend....

Singapore soccer is way too predictable. No kick and yes, as some have said, full of hot air balloons. It's good that the Singapore team got blashed by the Malaysians'. Cocky attitude won't get anyone any further.

Originally posted by e_liau
Singapore soccer is way too predictable. No kick and yes, as some have said, full of hot air balloons. It's good that the Singapore team got blashed by the Malaysians'. Cocky attitude won't get anyone any further.

Yeah Singapore Lions are right on track for GOAL 2100!!!! ;)

Ai yah! Me give up hope on local soccer long time ago liao...... All kelong one! Tell me when was the last local match u hav watched where the players REALLy go all-out to play well!?!? :bheart:
Italian Serie A lagi kelong, u know the scoreline before kick-off!:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

Originally posted by wilkoh

Italian Serie A lagi kelong, u know the scoreline before kick-off!:thumbsd: :thumbsd: :thumbsd:

Like last nights match between Como and Udinese.... 3 penalties awarded to Udinese but none of them were scored. Think referee betted heavy on Udinese..... ANd Udinese players in turn betted heavy on Como!!!

Singapore team too hao lian, over-confidence. In addition, modern soccer is passing game. What about them? All trying to be Steven Gerard making 60-yards long pass.

To qualify for 2010 ? Open the fields and let us play for free. WTF, play at school field need to pay money, i might as well save the money for a Leica.

Singapore play football, no. Watch and bet, yes. Thumbs up for the neighbors.:angry:

Originally posted by aosis

Open the fields and let us play for free. WTF, play at school field need to pay money, i might as well save the money for a Leica.

Well.. the field needs to be maintained.. and that needs money.

Originally posted by Newbiez

Well.. the field needs to be maintained.. and that needs money.

Oh ya, tell me about it. I have seem some of the worst fields in Singapore! I don't know where the money goes to? Perhaps to upgrade our swimming pools for our swimmers instead?

I don't blame Singapore for their lousy level of football. Who wants to be a professional footballer? Better get a professional degree and probably earn more over the long run. And if a footballer is not famous, he'll never make the big bucks. And who's talking about passion and stuffs like that? Unless your father is a rich guy and can offord to support your football carreer, otherwise, what passion? In these times of toughing period, what's more important is to get that paper/s, and start filling up the stomachs and crying babies. What passion are we talking about?

I would like to say this, I know of far more better footballers than the so-called national team. If not for the Singapore paper chase and high living standards, I bet they'll give these national players a run of their money.

On a last note, I hope all of you support the Singapore soccer league and do your part for charity. Yes, no doubts the league suchs big time and deserved a kick at the a**, but those charities that Singapore Pools are supporting are worth the effort. Please support local charities and help the less fortunate Singaporeans.

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.