Tiger Airways

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shen siung

May 21, 2008
Being the important budget airline in Sg, maybe fellow CSer could share of your experiences, comment, especially related to carrying your equipment when you travel with this airline.

There are a few posts scattered in the forum, mentioned (not specific to a thread) about experienced with Tiger Airways. Some about carrying their cameras / equipment on flight.

When I flight with Tiger once, I did not check in any luggage, I only hand carry my bag, one bag. In Sg airport they weigh it before allowed me to proceed.

I would like to know, do they allow you carry more then one bag, even total weight of bag below 7 kg?

I was thinking carry a small camera bag + my small back pack for a coming short trip.

When I flight with Tiger once, I did not check in any luggage, I only hand carry my bag, one bag. In Sg airport they weigh it before allowed me to proceed.

I would like to know, do they allow you carry more then one bag, even total weight of bag below 7 kg?

I was thinking carry a small camera bag + my small back pack for a coming short trip.

If the total weight is less than 7kg , no issues carrying 2 bags

If the total weight is less than 7kg , no issues carrying 2 bags

Thanks
I am heading to Australia, but I heard that it is quite strict in Australia airport, they don't allow more then one hand carry luggage?

Thanks
I am heading to Australia, but I heard that it is quite strict in Australia airport, they don't allow more then one hand carry luggage?

In my hand carry.
i will have my camera, laptop. theres all.

dont bring any thing else. No use at all.

If tripod, use something to warp and check in.

Thanks

australia is very strict on luggage weight. be very careful not to get stopped while hand carrying.

I carried 2 bags, one shoulder bag and one small duffel bag. Tiger Airway to Penang just a few days back. No problem. Never even weigh my bag.

To be very sure, why don't you give them a call and ask? It's better to do so than having problems last minute at the airport.

I flew Tiger Airways many times, sometimes with check-in luggage plus hand-carry bag(s), other times just hand-carry bag(s). On several occasions, I carried a travel bag that conform to airlines regulation plus one plastic bag(those used by department stores) onto the cabin and they didn't bother me with those. My experience with them was that when bookings were high, such as during holiday seasons, they tend to be strick on hand-carry bag(s). Nowadays bookings are low, they don't bother travellers much. End of last month, I flew on their flight to Penang and back with my Kata backpack and carried my tripod in hand onto the cabin. I even added one plastic bag that contained my shoppings on return flight. They didn't bother me either. If you want to avoid complication, just make sure total weight is less than 7 Kgs.

i think the problem comes when u fly to australia. so far when i fly to thailand, no issues with the baggage at all. just be smart abt it. i normally carry one haversack and one camera bag. combine weight confirm more than 7kg. hahaha.

something i learnt at airports at desperate times.. go to a DFS or any of the airport shops, try getting a carrier from them.. go thru wif ur things/extra clothes/ small but heavy stuff hand held in the carriers they usually dont check.. if they do tell them you got stuffs from the shops inside last minute and cannot check in and had to repack a bit.. they usually dont care much :)

crapex, flipfreak, FFForever, Fotophilic, sonyboy, thanks for info sharing.
Really great to know for Penang they are not that strict, so next time know what to do :)

I just came back from a 3 day Kuching trip.
Tiger allowed me to carry a tripod, camera bag (5MD crumpler) and my backpack inflight.
No checkins...:dunno:

Status
Not open for further replies.