Tiger airways 75% off airfares for travel in Feb and March

Status
Not open for further replies.

boroangel

Apr 23, 2005
Anyone knows about this already? Its on their website.

Yup, just booked my Chiangmai air tickets, about $45 for 1 way, plus $70 for tax and fee. Same price for Bangkok, Macau, Manila.

Although its one way but u just have to book one way to and fro right? i mean it applies to to and fro. Is ther much to explore and see in changmai?

boroangel said:
Although its one way but u just have to book one way to and fro right? i mean it applies to to and fro. Is ther much to explore and see in changmai?
1 way ticket is $45, and 2 ways ticket is $90.
Chiangmai got lotsa mountains, caves, elephants, tribal ppl, markets, good food etc. Hopefully I come back with photos to show, my last trip there was in 1997.

Astin said:
1 way ticket is $45, and 2 ways ticket is $90.
Chiangmai got lotsa mountains, caves, elephants, tribal ppl, markets, good food etc. Hopefully I come back with photos to show, my last trip there was in 1997.

so, you paid $170 in total ???

I'm going to Chiangmai on tiger air too. but i booked it end of Dec when they were having their promotion of $9.98 one way, so I got a total fare of $98, return. :)

Chiangmai seems like a very nice place.. haven't gone before. I'm probably going trekking. My main reason of going to Chiangmai is to go to Chiangdao.

http://www.chiangdao.com/
Mountainous area. I am thinking of climbing Doi Chiangdao, the mountain there. But the main point is to go visit the Chiangdao Nest resort, a nice little cottage resort set up by a guy from Norwich and his Thai wife (who is london trained and cooks gourmet food).. :) Valentine's day getaway lah.

I was going to fly to Chiangmai this last December too, to go to Laos from there, but unfortunately the holiday surcharge and fuel was so expensive I didn't go anywhere.

I'll certainly be 'doing' the Vietnamese destinations the next time Tiger has a big promotion. If you're just looking for a short beach getaway, fly to Krabi. :)

skinnylatte said:
:) Valentine's day getaway lah.

Was thinking of bringing my girl somewhere overseas based on this Tiger Airways promo for Valentines day...still cannot decide which is the best place to go...

Funny, after 75% discount, seems like I have to pay $10 more compared to the ticket I paid last month.

Another fake deal..

AReality said:
Funny, after 75% discount, seems like I have to pay $10 more compared to the ticket I paid last month.

Another fake deal..

It's not exactly 'fake', because technically Tiger is offering 75% off the base price, tho the taxes and surcharge remains the same right?

That's the thing about these airlines.. always have to be aware of the gimmicks lah.

boroangel, for your girl to go shopping - bangkok! i know a few romantic restaurants there too. :) otherwise if you're looking for a 'getaway' thing, krabi or phuket?

Actually she sounds a bit sian when I called her and mention Bangkok just now.....are there any places there on high grounds for good views of the city?

High grounds for good view of the city.. which city? Bangkok? No, not really.

to get reasonably good high grounds, nearest Bangkok, is to move towards Pattaya...they have a smallish hill top there where you can view down the entire town as well the beachfront. been there, fantastic...

PLUS you get to visit the hilltop temple, but try not to be too late, lest you have arranged private transport (which i think i is very necessary to get there in the first place!)

boroangel said:
Actually she sounds a bit sian when I called her and mention Bangkok just now.....are there any places there on high grounds for good views of the city?

buy air ticket to bangkok...then hope on a bus to cambodia...bump your backside all the way! go to the one and only hill...wow...the view is amazing..too bad...no buildings but only...

ccfb44ed.jpg

not an amazing photo but i like the view alot(very nature!), taken with my trusty pns nikon coolpix ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.