Tiger abused in Malaysian Holiday Resort

Status
Not open for further replies.

daredevil123

Staff member
Oct 25, 2005
lil red dot
See for yourself, what is happening at A Famosa Resort in Malaysia.

[vid]h5ACVn73YL0[/vid]

the tiger is not tired. it is drugged. and this happens all over the place, sadly.

do you really think these tigers are not drugged?

[vid]Zgl4GqgTRCc[/vid]

Yes, my first instincts told me the tiger was drugged too.

it seems like common practice, one of the infamous place is the kanchanaburi tiger temple in thailand.

Guess what the management said regarding the video?

Warmest Greetings From A’Famosa Resort

We’re referring to your e-mail on regards of the video shared on www.youtube.com

We would like make things clear that we never druged any of the animal for entertainment sake. The tiger shown in the video was just merely lazy and it’s was their nature to do so. We pratice a standard level in handling the animals.

However, rest assure that we had stop the photography session with the tigers due to the public & management concern of the tigers welfare. We appreciated your feedback which had been forwarded to management for their action to be taken.

Thank You.
Eric Ong.

Yes, my first instincts told me the tiger was drugged too.

well, i do not have anything against drugging tigers (the act itself), but excessive drugging in the long run.. i think that has severe effects on the health of the animal at the very least. not to mention, what is the fun of living if you are just sleepy all the time?

i don't know about these things, if you think about it, unless the authorities step in to make a stand and enforce animal treatment laws, boycotting doesn't help either. like those tigers in that thailand temple, with no visitors or donations the end result might simply be to put all of them to sleep, or just abandon them.

let's not even talk about tigers. even in singapore you have things like puppy and kitten mills (probably more of the former, the dog market here is more substantial).

and then if you really want to be anal about it, what about chicken egg factories? :)

[vid]hks86Xxx1ZE[/vid]

Last edited:
When I was still living in the states, we hear about all the horror stories at cow farms, chicken farms and genetically engineered vegetables. Guess why american corn is so pretty and perfect when bought in the supermarket? The answer is Salmon genes... One day we as the consumers will pay the price in side effects and diseases. Dude you should watch the movie "Food Inc."

When I was still living in the states, we hear about all the horror stories at cow farms, chicken farms and genetically engineered vegetables. Guess why american corn is so pretty and perfect when bought in the supermarket? The answer is Salmon genes... One day we as the consumers will pay the price in side effects and diseases. Dude you should watch the movie "Food Inc."

food inc. came way late.

i think fast food nation was one of the few that started it all back in 2001. i read it when i was in sec 4, a friend passed it to me and i was amazed. i still continuned eating mcdonald's though.

sometimes, we don't really have a choice. ;)

I don't think there has been any conclusive studies to show that consuming genetically modified food has side effects on humans.

I don't think there has been any conclusive studies to show that consuming genetically modified food has side effects on humans.

well, that is true.

loads of disturbing studies on animals though.

on the other hand, you have these cool things that happen when you mix and match genes..

http://www.mindfully.org/GE/Soy-Allergies-GMOs.htm

It's only a tiger....

Funny... I was reminded of the time (more than 10 years ago) when I was photographing a tiger cub in a Malaysian resort. The tiger was about the size of a super large dog (half the size of a full-grown), and it was tied to a pillar using a leash, and there was a 2 feet high fence around the pillar, keeping the tiger just out of its circumference.

I was shooting with my Hasselblad, and perhaps spent too much time there (20 mins I recall). I remember seeing a blur as I looked down into the waist-level viewfinder, and the next thing I know, the tiger had me pinned down on the floor by the shoulders. It was so amazingly fast and silent that I couldn't even believe it. There was a family next to me, and the mother was screaming her head off. Because it happened so quickly, I didn't really feel any fear but I recalled thinking "hey woman, stop screaming and avoid agitating the cat!"

Fortunately, there was a handler just around the corner and he wrestled the tiger back to his cage. I was able to walk away unscathed only because the tiger was probably well-fed and just feeling playful. Later on, they checked the leash and found that it broke, and the most shocking fact is that it was actually a leash for big dogs. Does it surprise them that a tiger can easily break the leash? It was only very much later on when I reached my hotel room that the realization of how close I came to death dawned upon me!

Anyone wants to see the photo of the tiger that pounced on me? :)

so when you guys shoot xmm, do you pose them like that?:bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie::bsmilie:

Yes. Nothing conclusive to show that there are side effects. There are also nothing conclusive to show that there will be no side effects.

Thing is, many side effects takes many years to show, and after showing, many more years of data need to be analyzed, a correlation drawn, and presented to show any conclusion. How many years into genetic engineering in food are we?

And why are we making crops resilient to insects and diseases to increase production, when milk industries dump excess milk into the rivers, grain industries burn excess crops just to keep prices up? There is enough food in the world to feed everyone a few times over, why there is hunger?

In the end, one word. Greed.

Last edited:
"it's only a kid being abused"

"it's only a rape victim"

"it's only a murder victim"

oh, don't we all love apathy

hmm. nightmare, i question thee
why are u allocating human rights to animals?:bsmilie:
as in the link i seem to see is tat animal abuse = human abuse here
just a random point that i noticed:think:
and i dun support animal abuse. just random thoughts only

Last edited: