Tibet- Prayer flags at Namtso

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hosea

Apr 20, 2004
Singapore
www.stanleykay.com
Some shots of Prayer flags at Namtso Lake.

More pix of Tibet -ZhaShenlunbu
http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=147462

DSC_3067afz.jpg

DSC_3112afz1.jpg

Oh my gosh.. ultra sharp. The color and dynamics just seem so unreal.
Truly bowled over by the richness.
10Q for sharing :thumbsup:

shot 1 is the definate winner.. i like how you lead my eye aroudn the picture with so many converging lines... :)

Seems like saw some of the photo in magazine leh :D

rhair78 said:
Oh my gosh.. ultra sharp. The color and dynamics just seem so unreal.
Truly bowled over by the richness.
10Q for sharing :thumbsup:

Thanks Ricky for your comment.. glad you like it.
My pleasure to share.:)

Temujin said:
shot 1 is the definate winner.. i like how you lead my eye aroudn the picture with so many converging lines... :)
Temujin, glad you like how the perspective of this pix . Thanks for your comment.:)

Very nice colors and perspective! :thumbsup:

Hosea, once again you have manage to capture the essence of the place and culture. Very sharp and vibrant colours.:thumbsup:

For me I didn't have luck with Namtso. We were blocked by road construction and arrived at Namtso very late. It was cool as well, and I fell into sick. The second morning we departed after waking up. And I didn't even managed to have a look at Namtso! Pity missing the kind of shots with the reflection of ice mountains...

Hosea, did you managed to get a few reflection shots?

Ah_Seng said:
Wah...my idol telling me that......tonight cannot sleep liao....:bsmilie:
:bsmilie: can do more shooting while we sleep;) glad you like my sharing.thanks

jbma said:
Hosea, once again you have manage to capture the essence of the place and culture. Very sharp and vibrant colours.:thumbsup:
Thanks Jbma for your encouragement and glad you like these pix.:)

tomshen said:
For me I didn't have luck with Namtso. We were blocked by road construction and arrived at Namtso very late. It was cool as well, and I fell into sick. The second morning we departed after waking up. And I didn't even managed to have a look at Namtso! Pity missing the kind of shots with the reflection of ice mountains...

Hosea, did you managed to get a few reflection shots?

Tom, here is one pix I posted before... with some reflection of the snow mountains range.
DSC_3168a1fRZ.jpg

Sorry to hear that you fell sick and didn't had a chance to view Namtso.
At a height of 4100+m, can fell sick if not adjusted to the weather and the altitude.
I also had road block for more than 6 hours on my first day of visit to Namtso...
but I stayed for 2 nights and managed to have a day to view Namtso.
Go another time...this is one place that we should not missed out.
Looking forward to see your festival and race-horse shots.

Cheers

Oh yeah, I saw this shot before. Beautiful. Only hope it was a clear weather so that can see more blue sky!

This gives me a reason to go back again! There are many other places in the West, North, and East to be explored, heh.

tomshen said:
Oh yeah, I saw this shot before. Beautiful. Only hope it was a clear weather so that can see more blue sky!

This gives me a reason to go back again! There are many other places in the West, North, and East to be explored, heh.
I dont mind to go back again...but the cost is relatively high as compared to other
parts of China and the permit is really troublesome if we are not going as a tour group.
With the new highway constructed to attract more visitors ... hope the permit would
be eliminated.

Yes, by this Sep, the new road from Damxung to Namtso (60km) will be completed.
Travel time from Lhasa to Namtso will be shortened to around 2.5-3hours.
Visiting Namtso will become so easy and convenient.

Status
Not open for further replies.