Tibet - Please comment on this itinerary

SK1968

Jun 20, 2009
Changi
Have always wanted to visit Tibet on a photography trip but missed the trip someone here in CS went last year and haven't seen anything quite close to that so far. Just came across this recently (same agency that I went with for my recent Northern Xinjiang trip) but am not too certain if the places covered or if the planned itinerary is too rushed (though I sort of think it is ok since the last experience with the agency but would still be good to hear from you). Wonder if any of you who have gone there would like to share your experience, comment on the itinerary and that may help me decide if I should consider this. Your inputs will be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately the itinerary is in Chinese only at the moment (will try to get hold on the English version). Also, somehow they have got other places like Kangding, included. I sure hope they would put more time in Tibet instead.

Thanks in advance. I really hope to make this life-long dream come true. That's why I am planning so far ahead :) A bit kiasu considering that the trip is only happening on 8 May 2011 :)

Last edited:
第一天:新加坡-成都成都-康定( 360公里) 宿康定(b,l,d)
齐集樟宜机场搭乘豪华客机前往中国四川省会-成都。介于黄河于长江之间的特殊位置,使成都成为中国历史上有名的民族走廊,造就了长江上游独具特色的巴蜀文化。沿途赏川西平原风光,经雨城雅安沿青衣江直至巍巍二郎山,穿越国内最长的公路隧道二郎山隧道(长度4176米),经川西最深峡谷大渡河谷,沿大渡河顺流而下经泸定铁索桥抵达康定。随后游览木格措,木格措面积50平方公里,周围有红海、白海、黑海等7个卫星湖及松杉和杜鹃林带,以及包括折多山在内的37座雪峰。又叫野人海、木格措海,群山环抱,森林密布,有小九寨之称,水深70余米,面积4平方公里,是川西北海拔2000米以上地区最大的高山湖泊。

第二天:康定-八美-丹巴 ( 189公里) 宿丹巴(b,l,d)
早上出发翻越折多山后抵达素有摄影家天堂之称的新都桥,经过风景如画的塔公草原前往塔公,朝圣康区...著名的佛教寺庙-塔公寺,塔公白塔转经。接着前往八美游览惠远寺,七世达赖喇嘛曾经驻锡于此,在康巴藏区非常有名。下午抵达以丹巴古碉楼及美女闻名,有“美人谷”的美誉的丹巴,主要名胜古迹有甲居藏寨,梭坡碉楼等。途中草原牧场广阔无垠,挺拔的雪山绵延不尽。

第三天:丹巴-炉霍-色达 ( 390公里) 宿色达(b,l,d)
丹巴乘车接着经过丹巴著名的被称为天然盆景的东谷天然盆景风景区、八美草原牧区,过鲜水河经炉霍抵达色达草原。沿色曲河北上,河畔牧草丰美、野花遍野处有一座降魔塔,叫邓登曲登佛塔,系释迦牟尼八大功德宝塔之一。塔为石木结构,周长百米,高五十米,共九层,主体建筑外方内园,外园内方,为四川省最高的藏传佛教宝塔。观邓登曲登塔佛后,抵达经幡的王国-色达,传说在这富饶美丽的草原上,人们曾发现过马头形金子,后人为祈祷福祉而取名“色达“(意为金马),又传说那是格萨尔留下的战马而得名。色达境内地形地貌复杂,海拔多在4000米以上,藏传佛教寺庙较为集中,且全部为红教,有色达山河一片红的说法。县城四周青山环抱、牧草丰美。

第四天:色达。 宿色达(b,l,d)
游览色达喇荣五明佛学院。距色达县城20余公里有一条山沟叫喇荣沟,顺沟上行数里,蔚蓝苍穹和雪山碧草之间,数千间赫红色的木屋如众星拱月般簇拥着几座辉煌的大殿,藏于深山中的喇荣五明佛学院。色达佛学院是世界上最大的藏传佛学院,常住喇嘛有两万多人,每遇佛事活动人数还会增加,最多时可达四万多人。如果有缘份和良机,我们可以参拜丹增嘉措活佛,他现任五明佛学院副院长,护持净戒,弘法利生。下午游色达五色海,由三座雄伟高大的山,五彩缤纷,颜色各异的七个湖泊组成,由于湖边岩石植被随季节、时辰和光线变化且又色彩斑澜而得名。

第五天:色达-甘孜(约120km)。 宿甘孜(b,l,d)
早餐后前往甘孜,观红教名寺洞嘎寺,畅游金马草原,途经康区闻名遐尔的由莲花生大师在藏区点化的24座神山中的第八座神山——奶龙神山,进入甘孜县境内。洞嘎寺是色达县三大寺庙之一,位于县城西郊约6公里处的一座形似白色海螺的神山上。抵达甘孜参观坐落在甘孜县城边的山坡上的甘孜寺,建筑风格属藏、汉结合。寺庙系格鲁派,是康北地区最大的黄教寺庙, 已经有三百三十九年历史。在寺内护法神殿可以见到大量藏刀和旧式火枪,据说是当地藏民供奉给,表示不再杀生的信念。

第六天: 甘孜-新路海-雀儿山-德格(220km)。 宿德格(b,l,d)
早餐后乘车沿着川藏北线317国道前往德格县,途中经过茶马古道重镇,川藏北线的重镇马尼干戈,中国的西部牛仔城。途经如同蓝宝石镶嵌在山坳中的措卡湖-新路海,中国最大的白鹿唇自然保护区。接着抵达景色奇丽,美若云中仙子,川藏线上最高最险的雪山雀儿山(海拔6800米),在海拔5070米的公路边观赏雀儿山壮丽的风光后直抵德格县城。途中游览竹庆寺,汉语意译即大圆满寺,全名竹庆邬坚禅林,位于甘孜州海拨3800米的德格县北部,是藏传佛教宁玛派(红教)六大传承寺院之一。竹庆寺是藏传密宗大圆满法的教授传承发源地。寺院建于公元一六八五年,寺院所在的雪山修行山洞与道场,是极具加持力的修行圣地。

第七天: 德格-江达(109km)-昌都(228km) 宿昌都(b,l,d)
上午参观德格印经院,又称德格吉祥聚慧院。藏传佛教印经中心之一,藏区三大印经院之首,位于德格县城东欧普龙山沟口。原是著名的德格土司官寨所在地。印经院现保存有世称德格版的藏文印版二十七万七千多块,包括藏传佛教红黄白花等各教派经典,不但有藏传佛教经典和藏族文化的发展历史,还包容了大量的古代亚洲文化思想史料,甚至天文、地理、医方、百工等,其收藏范围之广之丰,堪称雪山下的文化宝库。印经院中的经书珍本、孤本,更是举世瞩目,在藏区几乎所有的寺院都会以珍藏德格版的经书为荣。乘车过金沙江进入西藏,过白宗山,从江达出发乘车翻过达马拉山抵达昌都,游览名胜――强巴林寺和卡若遗址。

第八天:昌都-八宿(241km) 宿八宿(b,l,d)
昌都出发经过海拔4400米的邦达前往八宿。邦达座落在一片开阔的草原中,是川藏南线和北线的汇合点,北通昌都,西至林芝、拉萨,是重要的交通枢纽。藏东唯一的机场就建在开阔的邦达草原,是世界上海拔最高的民用机场。告别草原西行翻越横断山脉最大的天险怒江山,山口海拔4839米,川藏公路在此以之字形曲折盘旋,是川藏公路拐弯最多的一段。从白雪皑皑的山口极目远眺,川藏公路和怒江似两条晶亮的丝带在千山万壑间时隐时现。经著名的九十九道拐下行到怒江边,跨越怒江大桥后便到达八宿县,八宿藏语意为“勇士山脚下的村庄”,海拔3910米。沿途雪山、森林和田园风光交相辉映,景色美丽壮观。这天的行程对每个人都是一个考验。在邦达草原气温可达摄氏零度以下,可是在怒江江畔气温却是20℃左右,一天经历的海拔落差起伏可近2500米

第九天:八宿-然乌湖-波密-通麦天险-鲁朗林海-林芝(495公里) 宿林芝(b,l,d
离开八宿行驶九十公里经然乌沟抵达然乌湖。然乌湖面积22平方公里,湖面海拔3850米。湖畔是茂密的原始森林,晶莹的冰川、皑皑的雪山、碧蓝的湖水,森林倒映,清澈见底,湖面水鸟成群,如一个待嫁的娇娘,动人心魄。此段景色是川藏公里最美的一段。由然乌湖往西行驶127公里抵达波密。雪山和森林环抱的美丽小镇波密县城扎木镇,海拔1100米,抬头眺望,四周皆是白雪皑皑的雪峰。由波密在原始森林中西行90公里抵达有“死亡路段”之称的通麦天险。通麦至排龙15公里路段,在雨季时,山洪和泥石流常引发山体滑坡而使公路中断,著名的102滑坡段就在其间。行驶60公里过排龙之后路况好转,穿过密林似海的鲁朗。观赏鲁朗林海和藏东原始森林自然风光,沿途让您感觉进入了传说中香巴拉般的童话世界。翻越冰雪覆盖,云雾缭绕,海拔为4720米的色季拉山,可远眺世界第十五高峰-南迦巴瓦峰(7787米),该山以春夏时的杜鹃花海闻名,也是观看南迦巴瓦峰最好的地方之一。接着抵达鲜花不败、四季常青的西藏江南林芝八一镇。林芝地处藏东南雅鲁藏布江下游,海拔3000米左右,八一镇是林芝地区的首府。游览号称“世界柏树王”巴结乡巨柏林。

第十天:林芝-巴松错-拉萨(540公里)。 宿拉萨(b,l,d)
八一镇出发,沿途欣赏秀美的尼洋河风光。传说中尼洋河是“神女的眼泪”汇聚而成的,绿波见底,清幽明澈。尼洋河发源于米拉山,东流300多公里于八一镇南约40公里处汇入雅鲁藏布江。在尼洋河支流巴河桥头分路口继续行使44公里抵达红教圣湖巴松错。巴松错又名错高湖,藏语的意思为“绿色的水”,海拔3500余米,面积27平方公里。雪山森林环绕中的巴松错,是西藏最美丽的湖泊,一个令人沉醉的地方,一泓晶莹柔美的湖水,有如童话般静卧在雪峰冰川下松软如床的湖畔碧草之上。抵达巴松错后乘木排上湖心仙人岛。游览完毕后穿过海拔5230米的米拉雪山,经墨竹工卡、达孜平原返回拉萨,沿途观赏尼洋河谷旖旎的自然风光。途中路边观赏太昭古城、中流砥柱、阿沛新村,更有不少的林芝山珍可以在沿途购买。过达孜西行,远远就能看到红山上雄伟的布达拉宫,魂牵梦绕的圣城拉萨就在眼前了。

第十一天:拉萨游览布达拉宫、大昭寺、八角街。 宿拉萨(b,l,d)
自公元七世纪以来,布达拉宫一直是历世达赖喇嘛驻锡地和西藏政教权力的中心。它分为红宫和白宫两部分,红宫主体建筑是灵塔殿和各类佛堂,也是举行佛事活动的场所;白宫是历代达赖喇嘛起居、诵经及处理行政事务的场所。他珍藏有数以万计精美雕塑和独特的唐卡画;各类典籍和无数壁画;难以记数的佛塔、法器、供品。它是藏族人民智慧、文化的结晶,是当今世界上海拔最高的古代宫堡式建筑群。下午参观建于七世纪的大昭寺。建于公元七世纪、位于拉萨旧城中心的大昭寺,是西藏的佛教中心和藏传佛教信徒心中的圣地。文成公主进藏时一起运来的释迦牟尼十二岁等身像也被供奉于此。每年都有成百上千的佛教徒从千里之外的家乡三步一叩首地走到拉萨来朝拜释迦牟尼,祈求降福。寺庙金顶处是观赏布达拉宫远景的最佳位置之一。接着赴拉萨最热闹的步行街八角街手工艺品市场游览,感受一下西藏的人文风土,浏览民族特色和异域风情的手工制品。

第十二天:拉萨翻越那根拉雪山游览天湖纳木错,羊八井地热景区自费沐浴温泉。宿拉萨(b,l,d)(单程250公里,约4小时,柏油路面+沙石路面)
上午从拉萨出发,经青藏公路翻越那根拉雪山前往面积1920平方公里,世界上海拔最高的咸水湖纳木错(海拔4718米)。纳木错湖滨广阔、水草丰美,清澈壮观,像一粒晶莹的明珠般镶嵌在万里羌塘草原上。游览结束乘车沿原路返回拉萨,途中远眺终年积雪的念青唐古拉山,游览羊八井地热景区,在雪山环绕之中自费沐浴温泉。感受蓝天白云雪峰下藏北草原苍茫辽阔的自然风光。走访藏民村寨,感受藏民族热情好客淳朴的民风。晚上返回拉萨。

第十三天:拉萨-江孜-日喀则,羊卓雍湖,卡惹拉冰川,白居寺十万佛塔。宿日喀则(b,l,d)(360公里,约6-7小时,砂石路面+柏油路面)
拉萨启程,翻越海拔4900米的冈巴拉雪山,远眺冈巴拉雷达站,前往世界上最高的淡水湖,有天上圣湖之美誉的羊卓雍湖。清澈的湖水、巍峨的雪山和如洗的蓝天融为一体,陶醉、震撼并涤荡着你的灵魂。观赏世纪冰川卡惹拉冰川,环绕羊卓雍湖前往电影《红河谷》外景地,抗英英雄镇――江孜。参观唯一集西藏三大教派于一体,以精美绝伦的壁画和雕刻而著称的十万佛塔白居寺,远眺宗山抗英炮台后赴后藏重镇――日喀则。

第十四天:日喀则游览扎什伦布寺,班禅大师灵塔,沿雅鲁藏布江河谷返回拉萨。宿拉萨(b,l,d)(单程280公里,约4-5小时,柏油路面)(海拔3650)
上午参观班禅大师灵魂安息地、黄教六大寺之一的扎什伦布寺。扎什伦布寺由一世达赖喇嘛根顿珠巴主持修建于1447年,后成为历代班禅额尔德尼驻锡地。寺内供奉有高28米世界上最大的铜佛坐像――“强巴佛”即弥勒佛像。瞻仰十世班禅大师灵塔。下午沿雅鲁藏布江回拉萨,沿途欣赏雅鲁藏布江草地峡谷、后藏大漠风光。

第十五天:拉萨-成都-新加坡(b)拉萨送机,抵成都机场后自行转机赴新加坡。(贡嘎机场至拉萨单程60公里,约1.5小时,柏油路面)
早餐后前往贡嘎机场乘机飞离拉萨,抵成都机场后搭乘豪华客机返回美丽的家园—新加坡。

Edited on 14 Dec 2011. As mentioned earlier, they have revised the itinerary to focus more on Tibet. The revised itinerary is updated at http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6780953&postcount=22

Last edited:
Hope you won't mind the comment from someone who never been there.
IMHO,
1. it is 2 weeks long, and from what I know, most people will get use to high altitude sickness within a few days, so this itinerary looks fine.
2. Nevertheless, it looks a bit too much /rush. But I guess it covers most part of Tibet.
3. Looks like it did not involve any train trip? Looks like it is "cool" to have a train trip included.

Just 2 cents.

Woooooaaaaaahhhhh.....!
:thumbsup:, SK1968!
I cannot comment on the first 10 days cos all these listed place I have not been before.
But Day 11-14 is definitely do-able. Just nice pace, I feel.
No problem at all.

Hope you won't mind the comment from someone who never been there.
IMHO,
1. it is 2 weeks long, and from what I know, most people will get use to high altitude sickness within a few days, so this itinerary looks fine.
2. Nevertheless, it looks a bit too much /rush. But I guess it covers most part of Tibet.
3. Looks like it did not involve any train trip? Looks like it is "cool" to have a train trip included.

Just 2 cents.

Hi Shen siung,
Thank you and I certainly don't mind even if you have never been there before. Obviously you have been doing some studies and I appreciate your sharing :) Yup, I think the organiser has considered the part about altitude sickness and hence the gradual ascend to acclimatise. As to the train part, I have also heard from another friend sharing how magical it is of the view outside the train especially when taken during a moon-lit evening :) Tks again for your input. Hope you will make your trip there one day..

Woooooaaaaaahhhhh.....!
:thumbsup:, SK1968!
I cannot comment on the first 10 days cos all these listed place I have not been before.
But Day 11-14 is definitely do-able. Just nice pace, I feel.
No problem at all.

tks weehow, ahhhh, unfortunately you are not free to take the trip (10 out of 14 days are new places to you ;)) or else it would be hell lot of fun ! :)

Hi SK1968,

Mind PM me which travel agent organise this trip?
Estimated Cost of this trip?If go for single or double share room.

Look on the itinerary are interesting.:)

Thanks in advance.

Hi SK1968,

Mind PM me which travel agent organise this trip?
Estimated Cost of this trip?If go for single or double share room.

Look on the itinerary are interesting.:)

Thanks in advance.

hi KHC,
just pm-ed you. apparently the itinerary is being fine tuned at the moment focusing more on Tibet.

tks weehow, ahhhh, unfortunately you are not free to take the trip (10 out of 14 days are new places to you ;)) or else it would be hell lot of fun ! :)

Yah man...
Sigh... too bad leh.. I have got too many mouths too feed with milk powder.
LOL.... otherwise I would love to come along.
Nemer mind lah... I will be able to rub shoulders with you next month.
Hopefully rub some of your Egyptian talents off you onto my own shoulder... Hahahaha...!

1st 9 Days you shouldn't have any problem with High atltitude sickness, Oxygen level is at its max due to greeny surroundings.From LingZhi onwards condition may change
there no more trees around and 540 km ride maybe abit tought for some due to road conditions & oxygen level also starts to decrease. But you be used to it once u spend about 2 days around Lhasa and for the rest of your trip

May-Sep Rainy Season... Seeing clear sky & the moon really depends all on your luck.

Happy travelling ;)

Yah man...
Sigh... too bad leh.. I have got too many mouths too feed with milk powder.
LOL.... otherwise I would love to come along.
Nemer mind lah... I will be able to rub shoulders with you next month.
Hopefully rub some of your Egyptian talents off you onto my own shoulder... Hahahaha...!

wah, don't say until like that. you have got more talents that i would like to rub off from you to my shoulders instead :)

1st 9 Days you shouldn't have any problem with High atltitude sickness, Oxygen level is at its max due to greeny surroundings.From LingZhi onwards condition may change
there no more trees around and 540 km ride maybe abit tought for some due to road conditions & oxygen level also starts to decrease. But you be used to it once u spend about 2 days around Lhasa and for the rest of your trip

May-Sep Rainy Season... Seeing clear sky & the moon really depends all on your luck.

Happy travelling ;)

thank you very much. i am indeed concerned with the altitude sickness as i was pretty badly hit when i went trekking in nepal some 13 yrs ago... but now that clear sky may be a thing that depends on luck, that's not too good isn't it ? :think:

Hi Shen siung,
Thank you and I certainly don't mind even if you have never been there before. Obviously you have been doing some studies and I appreciate your sharing :) Yup, I think the organiser has considered the part about altitude sickness and hence the gradual ascend to acclimatise. As to the train part, I have also heard from another friend sharing how magical it is of the view outside the train especially when taken during a moon-lit evening :) Tks again for your input. Hope you will make your trip there one day..

Thanks. :)

Yup it is just my humble thought.
A few of my friends just happened to go Tibet this year, and all of them involved train trip. It seems to be a very special experience.

Yes I'm also observing and start planning both physical, mental and most important financial. ha ha. Please update us once you finalized your trip and eventually, after your trip :)

Thanks. :)

Yup it is just my humble thought.
A few of my friends just happened to go Tibet this year, and all of them involved train trip. It seems to be a very special experience.

Yes I'm also observing and start planning both physical, mental and most important financial. ha ha. Please update us once you finalized your trip and eventually, after your trip :)

most certainly, i hope i get to embark on this life long dream trip too :)

The above is taken this sep @ basecamp...

the change in weather can be very fast

below taken from ... 羊卓雍湖

Last edited:

The above is taken this sep @ basecamp...

the change in weather can be very fast

below taken from ... 羊卓雍湖

hmm, still not bad. the clouds can be pretty dramatic :)

On the first part of the trip, it is unavoidable if taking the Sichuan-Tibet route. The Sichuan side has Tibetant communities; IE the Kangba type and some of the remote villages in Sichuan can be more traditional than the counterpart in Tibet. Suggest that you concentrate on the remote side in Sichuan (check out a place called DaoFu) and all the surrounding area and cut down some of the Tibet places. Kangding is a "major' town but no more than a stopover city, with food that is more tourist friendly. Xindujiao is lovely and worth spending more time.

In essence, Tibet is best covered in parts and separately, namely, Qinghai-Tibet route, Yunnan-Tibet route; Nepal-Tibet route and others The best part is the journey and the scenery along the way. The major cities in Tibet are sadly commercialized and can be a bit disappointing. May have to consider making separate and repeat trips and allow more time to soak in. Your itinerary cover most of the "must see" for this route, but it is mainly getting from point to point, long journey on the bus and tiring. But this is kind of typical and expected - get the drift?

Hi,

Your itinerary is quite different from mine, makes me want to go again ... :)

some things to add -
- General, no matter which itinerary , you are going to spend alot of time on the road, so do have some spare time on the road for shooting

- Season - Personal preference - Consider pushing back your trip one or 2 months (June/July). The scenery would be better, more greenery / flowers. May is still pretty bleak in some areas

- Vehicle - If you have enough budget / people , request for Toyota Land Cruiser
( model is 4500 i think), you butt will thank you for that , plus its alot faster then the China LeiBao. Especially on mountain ascending and dirt roads, its 30% faster, save you lots of time

On the first part of the trip, it is unavoidable if taking the Sichuan-Tibet route. The Sichuan side has Tibetant communities; IE the Kangba type and some of the remote villages in Sichuan can be more traditional than the counterpart in Tibet. Suggest that you concentrate on the remote side in Sichuan (check out a place called DaoFu) and all the surrounding area and cut down some of the Tibet places. Kangding is a "major' town but no more than a stopover city, with food that is more tourist friendly. Xindujiao is lovely and worth spending more time.

In essence, Tibet is best covered in parts and separately, namely, Qinghai-Tibet route, Yunnan-Tibet route; Nepal-Tibet route and others The best part is the journey and the scenery along the way. The major cities in Tibet are sadly commercialized and can be a bit disappointing. May have to consider making separate and repeat trips and allow more time to soak in. Your itinerary cover most of the "must see" for this route, but it is mainly getting from point to point, long journey on the bus and tiring. But this is kind of typical and expected - get the drift?

Thanks, I get what you mean :)