Tibet Photography trip looking for Kakis (Mar 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.

binbeto

Jan 18, 2002
Behind a lens
www.pbase.com
Looking for kakis to travel to Tibet on Mar-Apr 2008, tentatively from 21st Mar to 2nd Apr.

Please put your name down the list ONLY if you can make it for the trip or at least 90% sure you can. PM me for those interested.

All members are welcomed to join but would like to keep the group relatively small and manageable. Maybe 6 or less.

The trip would be from 21st Mar (Good Friday) to the 2th Apr (Wed). This trip will offer opportunities for both extensive people, cultural and landscape photography.

Places in mind: Tibet (Lhasa, Shigatse and Gyantse)

Iternary:
Will meet up to discuss further with photographers who are going.

Budget: 2K

Deadline: 15th Feb

Confirmed going:
[1] binbeto
[2] *taken*
[3] *taken*
[4]
[5]
[6]

Reserved:

[1]
[2]

Many Photographers dream to travel the world and take photos... But how many actually did it? :think:

Please note: This trip is designed for photographers in mind. Though non-photographer spouse/friends are of course welcome. Our primary objective are to take pictures of places in the best light, and this will often mean long days of both travel and shooting. You should be mentally prepared to wake up as early as 5am to catch the sunrise and travel long distance to see that special building. We might have to spend some time waiting for that right moment so be expected to stick to a place for a little longer than what most tour group do.
You should therefore only consider joining this trip if you are a passionate photographer willing to put yourself out a bit. This is not a vacation sightseeing/tourist trip, but rather is an expedition designed for those who will do that bit extra to get the images they have been dreaming about.

You might want to look for this title "西藏摄影旅游指南" before your tibet trip. ;)

Thanks.. Where can I find this book?

If I can gather ehough people, might have to close earlier than Feb.

You might want to look for this title "西藏摄影旅游指南" before your tibet trip. ;)

Any links to see this? Is it a book?

Yes it is a book saw it while I was in PRC Bei Jing book store. ;)

100529719s.jpg

http://www.xinhuabookstore.com/book/commodity.jsp?vendorid=1&owncode=100529719

Got a few enquires. So, posting more info.

Fitness level:
No long distance hiking for sure. But the thin air there might make us feel tired.
Consult your doctor to see if you are strong enough to go to that altitude.

Food:
Food-wise no worries. I have weak stomach too and I will always insist in eating at "resturant". No road side stall as a proper meal. :)

Guide:
No to save cost but if we came along a economical one at tibet. No harm if all agreeable.

Lodging:
Will be rather simple. With attached bathroom as main priority.

Expense:
2K is based on a tight budget as we all want to maximize our money. The main bulk of it will be paid towards air ticket and inbound transport.

Equipment:
Any will do even. But we don't usually want to share our lens, do we?

Oh ya. We have a lady going. So if any ladies are interested. You will have a partner to share room with.

Group is full. Pending any last min pull out. Thanks for all the pm and help offered.

Sorry, I got to limit the number of people in the group so that the group is manageable.

Status
Not open for further replies.