Tibet: A mix of photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

zapp!

Jan 17, 2002
zapp.clubsnap.org
Hi, my album from my recent trip to Tibet is more or less up with more additions to come as time passes. Here are some shots that i took...you can check the rest of the shots at:

http://zapp.clubsnap.org/view_album.php?set_albumName=Tibet

aai.jpg

aay.jpg

abr.jpg

adw.jpg

Omigosh!!! I luv them!!! These are great shots!! :eek: :thumbsup:

I esp like the 1st one. :)

superb :thumbsup:

got National Geographic feeling :D

really like your shots of the children

NICE SHOTS!!! got more of the children shots???

agree with merv on the National Geographic feel

Zapp! Long time no post, and when you post, they are winners. Thanks for sharing. Care to give us more details on your travels to Tibet?

Thanks, it has been a LONG time since i picked up my camera and seriously take some shots. I still have a lot of shots from the URL that i posted...do take a look...too many to link here already.

I am hoping to write a small article regarding my trip to Tibet...
At least then the photos will mean something...instead of just being photos. Look forward to it! For now, just look at the captions that are available on the webby...

Regarding the children, it was on a trip out from Lhasa to outlying villages. We went to this lake (located btw, at 4500m) for lunch and we packed lunch (cup noodles) and they came rushing to us so we just gave them what we had left...i think the children never experienced a gift before...

Look at their eyes, they never fail to make me feel for them.

acq.jpg

wAH!!!! how u managed to the the first pic? at first look like onli posible to take frm space shuttle... care to share? =)

Airplane window on the way to Lhasa...

Of course, there is such a thing called Photoshop to help get rid of the neutral density effect of aircraft windows...;)

Ok my album from Tibet/Chengdu is more or less ready. Whew, now i need to edit my Jiuzhaigou photos...man, this is hard work.

potalabw.jpg

Panaroma of Potala palace.

Hi

i just discovered this post, after a short period of absence from the forum....

great photos....i like the sense of intimacy the Sigma 17-35 gave your photos, esp the pple shots. The 4th photo, the one with the kid's leg stretching out from under your frame, looks like a real winner.

hey u went to Tibet! that's one of the places i really wanted to go. now i have someone to consult on places to go when i do make that trip down to Lhasa ;)

Thanks for all the comments...
My fav photo for the whole trip is actually the 4th one...

You just won't believe how fortunate we are here in S'pore where food and water are plenty...

Those kids there are really poor...

In the panoramic shot, the stupa on the left spoils the flow to the shot. A panoramic shot has to flow nicely from one end to the other, by my eyes are immediately stuck to it. ;p

Regards
CK

BTW, not fair, you got to see the pandas up close in ChengDu's Panda Breeding Centre. We went there early in the morning (9+ 10am) and they are not quite roaming out yet. :( And 200mm isn't enough. :(

Regards
CK

Wow!! Nice shots!
There's something very simple and right about the way you compose them.

Status
Not open for further replies.