Tianya Filters

Swagger

Mar 25, 2009
Singapore
www.flickr.com
Hello All,

Any idea if Tianya MC UV filter is good? Its cheaper as compared to other brands. Thinking of ordering from Tago. Just wanna know if there is any feedback for this brand. Thanks!

Why not consider Hoya, or even Kenko?

Putting a cheap glass/plastic in front of your lens will deteriorate the picture's quality.

Do reconsider.

Cheers!

Why not consider Hoya, or even Kenko?

Putting a cheap glass/plastic in front of your lens will deteriorate the picture's quality.

Do reconsider.

Cheers!

Agree fully with dingaroo. Tianya ND/GND filters maybe. But UV filters. Hmm.:think:

For its price, only the Tian Ya's GND is worth the $10-$15 you'd pay for.

All others, especially color filters, just stay away, less you just wanna fool around with it.

Cheers!

Bottomline is don't trust something you cannot test. Generally (almost certainly) low price filters = bad quality.
If you can test the filters at the shop, then you can try..
Else better go with Hoya or Kenko. From what I know price difference should be less than $15.

Hi Guys! Thks for the advice! I prefer to shoot w/o filter but I need something to protect my front glass element from dust and dirt for my coming trip to AUS. I wanna minimise cleaning as much as possible during the trip.

Hi Guys! Thks for the advice! I prefer to shoot w/o filter but I need something to protect my front glass element from dust and dirt for my coming trip to AUS. I wanna minimise cleaning as much as possible during the trip.

Just some personal advice. There will still be some situations you will leave the filter on.

1. Too tired, troublesome, can't be bothered.
2. you are near waterfall (the water dropplets)
3. you are at the beach. there are always ppl kicking up sand. worse if there is strong breeze. And what if you want to take a shot from the sand surface?

:)

Just some things I did when I was in AUS.

Then you can decide if the extra money is needed.