Tianya Filters..

Status
Not open for further replies.

regi-nald

hi..i have a question regarding Tianya filters..hope fellow CSers who've used or come across their products can enlighten me.. cux i intend to get their filter sets as a starter & due to budgetry constraints as i'm saving up for a new lens.. how to their products fare compared to better brands like Hoya, etc.?in terms of results of pics.. &if there're anything i shld knw regarding filters or e brand tt u'd like to add..pls do..

e other thing i'd like to ask is..any recomendations for a tripod.?looking to support a 400d(with or without batt grip)with an emoblitz flash & a 55-250mm lens..budget wld be roughly below 230..

thanx alot,
reginald

Last edited:
1 last question is where can i buy a shutter release(wired or wireless)for my 400d..i went2funan&penni but i cldnt find..

thanks,
reginald

get online from tago-tech...wireless...tihnk abt 10 bucks

1 last question is where can i buy a shutter release(wired or wireless)for my 400d..i went2funan&penni but i cldnt find..

thanks,
reginald

You can get it here (mass sale section)

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414802

Good product, well build and works like a charm on my 40D. Jon is a great guy to deal with as well. :)

You can get Tian Ya at Orient Photo, Sim Lim, 6th floor. Filters are ok, they do the job. Check the quality, the QC is inconsistent and you can see sometimes differences between two filters of the same kind. Cokin is more consistent but also costs 3x more.

tian ya filters are plasticky, you pay for what you get. If break just trash it and get another one.

Tripod wise, people will recommend you to get manfrotto 190xprob, as for tripodhead, you gotta do some search imusing giottos one.

hi..i have a question regarding Tianya filters..hope fellow CSers who've used or come across their products can enlighten me.. cux i intend2get their filter sets as a starter&due2budgetry constraints as i'm saving up4a new lens.. how2their products fare compared2better brands like Hoya, etc.?in terms of results of pics.. &if there're anything i shld knw regarding filters or e brand tt u'd like2add..pls do..

e other thing i'd like2ask is..any recomendations for a tripod.?looking2support a 400d(with or without batt grip)with an emoblitz flash&a 55-250mm lens..budget wld be roughly below 230..

thanx alot,
reginald

Hi, do you have to type this way? I can't really read SMS style. Maybe you can help me translate?

tian ya filters are plasticky, you pay for what you get. If break just trash it and get another one.

For cokin style filter, resin material is much better than glass

So i dun get your point here....

You can get Tian Ya at Orient Photo, Sim Lim, 6th floor. Filters are ok, they do the job. Check the quality, the QC is inconsistent and you can see sometimes differences between two filters of the same kind. Cokin is more consistent but also costs 3x more.

ok..i will..thanks for e location&advice..:) i was actually looking at hoya as i alr hav a UV filter frm them..than i came across tianya's filter set..& it seemed great value for money..accept tt it seemed abit too gd to b true as well..when normally purchasing e filters can cost up to afew hundreds..

Tripod wise, people will recommend you to get manfrotto 190xprob, as for tripodhead, you gotta do some search imusing giottos one.

ic..okok..thanks..i dont really know much about tripods..went to penni last week & realised tt i was spoilt for choice even tho i have a budget.. & just a realy noob question..whats e difference in e various tripodheads..sorry to ask..:embrass:

just a realy noob question..whats e difference in e various tripodheads..sorry to ask..:embrass:

Search the forum, there is a dedicated thread with lots of information in equipment section. All information there, just needs some reading :)

Status
Not open for further replies.