Tian Tian

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobotto

Aug 27, 2003
www.pbase.com
Another outdoor shoot done over the past week.

Any advises would be great.

Tian Tian

- Bob

Sorry, unable to critique. But may i ask if she's practises ballet in real life? You have a unique model.

lighting, exposure..all vgd :thumbsup:

1.2.3.6 for me

4.5 doesnt seem to click right. nice poses tho.

7 my attention is drawn more to the chair and building in the background rather than the model. Is that your intention?

:thumbsup: overall

Thanks for ur comments guys.

If got any advises on how I can improve myself just shoot yeah.
Dun shy.
hehe

2100>> Yupz, she's a dancer.
That's why can try those dancing poses

tmc>> yeah u're right.
was trying to see how I can integrate the dancing poses with the surriounding but guess didn't pull it off quite well.

weddingphotog>> The whole series was taken in Fort Canning

- Bob

very sweet face..can feel she can dance well... i like the pose no.7.. :thumbsup: btw wat lens u using? care to share? :D

bobotto said:
Thanks for ur comments guys.

If got any advises on how I can improve myself just shoot yeah.
Dun shy.
hehe

2100>> Yupz, she's a dancer.
That's why can try those dancing poses

tmc>> yeah u're right.
was trying to see how I can integrate the dancing poses with the surriounding but guess didn't pull it off quite well.

weddingphotog>> The whole series was taken in Fort Canning

- Bob

Hi Bob

Excellent series. She's definitely photogenic and well done for making the shots look so natural. She does reminds me of Celeste Chong....

On nos. 4 & 5...

#4 would have been a good shot if there wasn't the distracting background. A cleaner background setting would have helped draw the viewer's attention to the subject's actions (which I believe was your original intention).

#5 has a very distracting vertical tree trunk on the left. I also noticed that the model's facial features were not sharp. For something like this to work, her face (more importantly the eyes) need to be pin-sharp so that there is a proper eye-to-eye contact between the subject and the viewer. I know this would be hard to achieve as it requires a faster shutter speed but that would spoil the flowing motion of her actions!

Snake>> using the humble 28-105mm 3.5-4.5

SzennyBoy>> u're right.
I was quite suprised that 1/180 sec couldn't freeze her action.
So guess got to go even faster next time.

Any more advises guys?

- Bob

I like #4 n #5 :think:

Nice work, Bob. I like #1, #4 and #6. Great use of leading lines (of the staircase handles) and the silhouette effect to highlight the curves on her body. #4 is rather eye-catching too...she looks like a fairy dancing in the forest. :D

Well done, thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

wow, she's pretty sporting to do a leap without footwear of any form!

#4 has somewhat distracting surroundings... if only there was a way to blur them off. the framing seems pretty ordinary though.

#5 shows off her figure pretty nicely. but the dress blocks off her right leg a fair lot, so she seems like she's one-legged somehow :D

#6 - the angle has effectively squashed her a lot. good idea of concentrating the flash on one single spot only. were you using a off-shoe cord?

#7 - she has tilted up too much - the emphasis for the face is a bit gone...

overall, a nice series. dont remember you being on CS for long, but your photos do have a fair lot of standard! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.