Tian Tian

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobotto

Aug 27, 2003
www.pbase.com
Another outdoor shoot done over the past week.

Any advises would be great.

Tian Tian

- Bob

Mar 3, 2004
Sorry, unable to critique. But may i ask if she's practises ballet in real life? You have a unique model.

clive

Oct 9, 2002
Visit site
lighting, exposure..all vgd :thumbsup:

tmc17479

Oct 23, 2003
Bukit Timah
Visit site
1.2.3.6 for me

4.5 doesnt seem to click right. nice poses tho.

7 my attention is drawn more to the chair and building in the background rather than the model. Is that your intention?

:thumbsup: overall

bobotto

Aug 27, 2003
www.pbase.com
Thanks for ur comments guys.

If got any advises on how I can improve myself just shoot yeah.
Dun shy.
hehe

2100>> Yupz, she's a dancer.
That's why can try those dancing poses

tmc>> yeah u're right.
was trying to see how I can integrate the dancing poses with the surriounding but guess didn't pull it off quite well.

weddingphotog>> The whole series was taken in Fort Canning

- Bob

Snake

May 23, 2004
EAST
very sweet face..can feel she can dance well... i like the pose no.7.. :thumbsup: btw wat lens u using? care to share? :D

nemesis32

Oct 16, 2003
Singapore
Visit site
bobotto said:
Thanks for ur comments guys.

If got any advises on how I can improve myself just shoot yeah.
Dun shy.
hehe

2100>> Yupz, she's a dancer.
That's why can try those dancing poses

tmc>> yeah u're right.
was trying to see how I can integrate the dancing poses with the surriounding but guess didn't pull it off quite well.

weddingphotog>> The whole series was taken in Fort Canning

- Bob
Hi Bob

Excellent series. She's definitely photogenic and well done for making the shots look so natural. She does reminds me of Celeste Chong....

SzennyBoy

Mar 3, 2002
London, UK
www.zen76903.zen.co.uk
On nos. 4 & 5...

#4 would have been a good shot if there wasn't the distracting background. A cleaner background setting would have helped draw the viewer's attention to the subject's actions (which I believe was your original intention).

#5 has a very distracting vertical tree trunk on the left. I also noticed that the model's facial features were not sharp. For something like this to work, her face (more importantly the eyes) need to be pin-sharp so that there is a proper eye-to-eye contact between the subject and the viewer. I know this would be hard to achieve as it requires a faster shutter speed but that would spoil the flowing motion of her actions!

bobotto

Aug 27, 2003
www.pbase.com
Snake>> using the humble 28-105mm 3.5-4.5

SzennyBoy>> u're right.
I was quite suprised that 1/180 sec couldn't freeze her action.
So guess got to go even faster next time.

Any more advises guys?

- Bob

juste_millieu

Mar 17, 2004
I like #4 n #5 :think:

Garion

Nov 26, 2002
West side of S'pore
Visit site
Nice work, Bob. I like #1, #4 and #6. Great use of leading lines (of the staircase handles) and the silhouette effect to highlight the curves on her body. #4 is rather eye-catching too...she looks like a fairy dancing in the forest. :D

Well done, thanks for sharing. :thumbsup:

sehsuan

Deregistered
Dec 12, 2002
Singapore
www.sportsshooter.com
wow, she's pretty sporting to do a leap without footwear of any form!

#4 has somewhat distracting surroundings... if only there was a way to blur them off. the framing seems pretty ordinary though.

#5 shows off her figure pretty nicely. but the dress blocks off her right leg a fair lot, so she seems like she's one-legged somehow :D

#6 - the angle has effectively squashed her a lot. good idea of concentrating the flash on one single spot only. were you using a off-shoe cord?

#7 - she has tilted up too much - the emphasis for the face is a bit gone...

overall, a nice series. dont remember you being on CS for long, but your photos do have a fair lot of standard! :thumbsup:

Status
Not open for further replies.