Thumbs up for the new Buy & Sell section!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hackie

Jan 18, 2002
Visit site
:thumbsup:
very user friendly!

hopefully tat will keep those selling non-photography related off!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

hackie said:
:thumbsup:
very user friendly!

hopefully tat will keep those selling non-photography related off!!

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Yeah... :thumbsup: ..so time to buy buy buy and sell sell sell in new format :blah:

Maybe should setup a testing base for the new format.

haha...mods, wat took u guys so long to come up with the new format!!?? :bsmilie:

kudos! :thumbsup:

Wai said:
yeah, too bad I have nothing to sell, so I can't test it out

haha... just fill in the blanks loh... have some fun... den click the back button... :D

I can see the improvement there. :thumbsup:

well done mods :thumbsup:
it is more transparent with the new format.
now i can some of CSers has 2 faces... if you get what i mean.

While I can see the advantages of having a standard format in listing items for sale and wanted, the new listing needs to be tweaked a little to make it more user friendly.

1. The "Preview Post" button is missing. Always good to see how your ad will look like, especially so if you're using html tag.

2. Not very friendly if you want to list multiple items on one thread.

3. A bolder "Contact" field should be used to indicate preferred method of contact (email, PM or phone).

4. Email addresses are not automatically converted to links anymore.

5. Maybe an option to add pictures via a link can be provided in the initial ad creation page.

Thanks

AReality said:
Ahhh...
Blank field checking for Price & Description message wrong.
Whhooopss.. sorry abt that.. forgot to fix that when moving the "Price" field upwards last night.. :embrass:

Terence said:
1. The "Preview Post" button is missing. Always good to see how your ad will look like, especially so if you're using html tag.
Good suggestion. I will look into this.

Terence said:
2. Not very friendly if you want to list multiple items on one thread.
The Buy/Sell forums was never originally intended for listing of multiple items in a single thread. In any case, I am open to suggestions here on how to make it more effective.

Terence said:
3. A bolder "Contact" field should be used to indicate preferred method of contact (email, PM or phone).
A bolder Contact field? Please elaborate.

Terence said:
4. Email addresses are not automatically converted to links anymore.
That is a feature of the WYSIWYG editor. We are not using that in the form, hence the case. I will look into implementing the WYSIWYG editor at a later stage.

Terence said:
5. Maybe an option to add pictures via a link can be provided in the initial ad creation page.
As I have mentioned in (4), I will look into implementing a WYSIWYG editor at a later stage, for now, you can still add pictures via a link but manually. See here.

Appreciate all the suggestions. Keep them coming. ;)

The new format is definately better than the old ones.

However, I found that some user still put the "nick" under the real name. Kind of defeat the purpose.

And most people will put "quote" under price.

For email posted, is it possible to using some "anti spam" format?

Edmund said:
A bolder Contact field? Please elaborate.

;)

Hi Edmund,

In the longer ads, the contact information tends to get lost in the listing. Some sellers like myself prefer contact via email rather than the more common method of PM which most people would usually use. Perhaps contact details could be more prominently placed closer to the top of the ad or at the bottom in slightly larger, bolder font.

Thanks for taking the suggestions. I believe this new ad placement method is the way to go given the number of new ads which gets inserted these days.

Cheers,

Terence

I can't post!! wanted to repost to conform to the new format but seems i can't do so :cry:

whenever i click "I agree to the terms and conditions" i get asked to log in again, bringing me to the same loop. :(

:mad2: Help!!

Admin can pls check if you accidentally disabled my acct?

Stoned said:
I can't post!! wanted to repost to conform to the new format but seems i can't do so :cry:

whenever i click "I agree to the terms and conditions" i get asked to log in again, bringing me to the same loop. :(

:mad2: Help!!

Admin can pls check if you accidentally disabled my acct?
If you can post here, that means your account is still active.

We have tested with all the major browsers (IE, Netscape/Mozilla, Opera) and did not come across this issue. Perhaps you can check to see if you have cookies enabled, or to logout and login again.

One up for clubsnap admin and moderator. :thumbsup:

Just a question...
If i want to add in photo for the item for sale...i put it in the desciption area?

Ender said:
One up for clubsnap admin and moderator. :thumbsup:

Just a question...
If i want to add in photo for the item for sale...i put it in the desciption area?
Yup, thats right.

Terence said:
Hi Edmund,

In the longer ads, the contact information tends to get lost in the listing. Some sellers like myself prefer contact via email rather than the more common method of PM which most people would usually use. Perhaps contact details could be more prominently placed closer to the top of the ad or at the bottom in slightly larger, bolder font.

Thanks for taking the suggestions. I believe this new ad placement method is the way to go given the number of new ads which gets inserted these days.

Cheers,

Terence
I see what you mean. Ok, I'll test out a couple of layouts to see if we can have a better format.

Maybe you can group this 2 mandatory entry together after the price/budget. It might suit the flow of entry..

Condition of Item (according to published guidelines)
Warranty Status (For e.g. 36mths)

Just my opinion ...

Status
Not open for further replies.