thumbdrive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

limhousen

Dec 13, 2002
Visit site
I have a thumbdrive that I use to transfer data between PC. My colleague mistakenly plugged it into his Mac. Since then, the data cannot be read on both PC and Mac. It just shows on the screen that the thumbdrive is not formatted. What can I do to recover the information? Any ideas?

limhousen said:
I have a thumbdrive that I use to transfer data between PC. My colleague mistakenly plugged it into his Mac. Since then, the data cannot be read on both PC and Mac. It just shows on the screen that the thumbdrive is not formatted. What can I do to recover the information? Any ideas?

try to format it in Windows 2000 or XP. Hope this will help ;)

If I format, will I lose all my data? I'm still hoping to recover it if possible.

Which exactly brand and model of the thumbdrive are you referring to??

limhousen said:

limhousen said:
If I format, will I lose all my data? I'm still hoping to recover it if possible.
can you see the data in Windows 2000/XP ? If can , I think you can copy the data out.

I am using OnlyDisk 32 MB by Netac. www.netac.com

No, I cannot see my information because now both computers see the thumbdrive as unformatted. I speculate that the data is still intact. Just that the systems cannot read it now.

Adapted:

Filerecovery for Windows
http://www.lc-tech.com/filerecovery.asp
Filerecovery for Windows® is a safe and affordable do-it-yourself data recovery solution that is designed to recover deleted files from all types of media such as Hard Drives, Floppy Drives, SmartMedia, CompactFlash, Memory Sticks, and other types of removable media.

Thanks for all the responses. Nothing I tried can recover anything. I finally decided to format it. At least can still use the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.