Thumb drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jadzia

Jan 27, 2003
Singa Land
Visit site
Hi all,

Any recommendations for a 256MB thumb drive? Not sure whether should get USB 1.1 or USB2.0 coz my lappy is USB2.0 but I'm not certain abt the one in the office. :dunno: Don't really care abt transfer speed since its mainly used for the backing up of files.

TIA,
Jadzia :)

Jadzia said:
Hi all,

Any recommendations for a 256MB thumb drive? Not sure whether should get USB 1.1 or USB2.0 coz my lappy is USB2.0 but I'm not certain abt the one in the office. :dunno: Don't really care abt transfer speed since its mainly used for the backing up of files.

TIA,

A USB2.0 one should be backward compatiable and thus you should be able to use it in the office without any problem.

Jadzia said:
Hi all,

TIA,

Then your thumb drive should be USB 1.1. Your laptop will be able to read USB 1.1 too.

Recommended USB2.0 thumbdrive.

The price between USB1.1 and USB2.0 doesn't make a big difference, but the speed does.

Anyway USB2.0 thumbdrive is backward compatible with USB1.1 port.

If i'm not wrong, other than the transfer speed, you may want to look at the design of the drives ... I got one which has a swiveled cap, i.e. the cap cannot be detached from the drive (so as to prevent loss). ;)

silver.wolf said:
Recommended USB2.0 thumbdrive.

The price between USB1.1 and USB2.0 doesn't make a big difference, but the speed does.

Anyway USB2.0 thumbdrive is backward compatible with USB1.1 port.

Ops I guess I make a mistake, you should be right.

Hey guys! Thanks for the info. I'll get the USB2.0 since its backwards compactible. Any reliable and reasonably-priced brands to look out for?

Wow.
Lucky I haven't bought my thumbdrive.
Saw some 256MB thumbdrive at $79.90 in school. On offer some more.
*snort* So much for it having student prices.

Yes, I should go EastGear. ;)

Eastgear was selling lexar jumpdrive 256mb at $59 during the recent Comex exhibtion. Bought one for myself. Great deal!! :)

The Sandisk Cruzer Mini is pretty good as well. I like it because it is very slim. Much slimmer than the Lexar Traveller.

USB1.1, if I'm not wrong, obsolete already.

Last week, my friend bought a 256, USB2 @ $56.00 at Sim Lim. Get to the 6th floor. The shop is just outside the lift. He quoted $59 and just by asking for a discount, he sold at $56.

Status
Not open for further replies.