throw me

farmboy23

Oct 2, 2010
Simei Singapore
5712634406_acc57b7731_b.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
the cropping and lighting needed?

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
i want to convey a sense of excitement and take the emotions of the kids goofing around

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
I was just taking some quick snaps of some of my friends when i saw those kids throwing some kid in a pool.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
i feel there should be some sort of a way to convey what i want my viewers to see and that is emotions like excitement.

Last edited:
The framing is a little awkward and very cramp. Would prefer more space to the right of frame, presently for the kid being flung there's nowhere 'to go'. Viewers do not rightly get the same sense of excitement because we can't see the pool. Imagine in your mind these great photos of cliff divers leaping off... even if they don't show the ocean, there is always negative space around the subject. Same here, no pool is ok, but allow for open space. It's quite sorely needed here. The chopped off faces on the left are a little distracting, if a little cloning is acceptable I would clone away the faces but leaving the arms there. Is there also a cross processing effect applied? The colour cast is a little distracting as well.

this photo looks great in b&w (nice contrast and tones)
5824846275_e9ae5db705_o.jpg

I would have liked to see who threw him, and where he was ending up. The cropped off hands looks painfully disjointed. Lighting looks fine, expected for a very sunny day.
You definitely achieved what you wanted, but because of the above point, the impact wasn't as well brought-across.
I feel it would have been better in BNW or simply in the natural colour you shot it as. The picture looks over saturated at some places, and over processed. As a result, the colour looks very unbalanced. Sometimes, simple is better.