Thousands of students from China expelled from US unis.

They are already hier.

Many are welcomed to stay and work hier after graduation. We need more FTs. :)

..... haiz.......only Singapore would welcome them ......

There are bad apples from every country. Just that there are more bad apples from Chinese students simply because there are a lot more of them. Just a numbers game. In my time as a student in the US, I have seen Taiwanese, Hong Kongers (pre-97), Indonesians, Indians and many other students from different countries cheat in their studies, even Singaporean students. But I have also seen many exceptional students from these same countries as well, including students from China.

Last edited:
There are bad apples from every country. Just that there are more bad apples from Chinese students simply because there are a lot more of them. Just a numbers game. In my time as a student in the US, I have seen Taiwanese, Hong Kongers (pre-97), Indonesians, Indians and many other students from different countries cheat in their studies, even Singaporean students. But I have also seen many exceptional students from these same countries as well, including students from China.

Haiz .....bad apples from China are still bad apples lah ............... chances of getting them here are also higher knowing how much we like to put emphasis on academic qualifications per se....... one of them came with Degree in Finance and Economics and Masters of Science in Management and doesn't even know what an invoice/LC is ............so the boss had no choice but to put him through crash course to get him started .........crash a few times liao....... :bsmilie:

Last edited:
Haiz .....bad apples from China are still bad apples lah ............... chances of getting them here are also higher knowing how much we like to put emphasis on academic qualifications per se....... one of them came with Degree in Finance and Economics and Masters of Science in Management and doesn't even know what an invoice/LC is ............so the boss had no choice but to put him through crash course to get him started .........crash a few times liao....... :bsmilie:

Yes, bad apples from Singapore are also bad apples too...

Yes, bad apples from Singapore are also bad apples too...

Yup....careful when you choose apples....knowing that they will come with hidden flaws ......;)

Yup....careful when you choose apples....knowing that they will come with hidden flaws ......;)

Yup... interview carefully. No good, just let go during probation.

Looking at the number game:

2012 Singapore published data

Resident population 3.818,200
Crude Death Rate 4.5/1000
Annual Deaths 17,181

Extrapolate to China demographics

China population 1,300,000,000
Crude Death Rate 4.5/1000 (say same as Singapore)
Annual Deaths 5,850,000

That mean 1.5X SG resident population equivalent die in China every year
So if this data on deaths from China is read in isolation, it is a frightening number indeed :sweat:

Looking at the issue. This indicate that there are a large number of "well-off" families that can afford the high cost to send their children to US universities.

Can't these buggers stay put in their own country and not cause trouble elsewhere ..... and bring shame upon themselves and their country.......... :what:

They have got to understand that people everywhere are becoming very wary of their scams and shenanigans.