Thoughts regarding Sigma 10-20mm

Status
Not open for further replies.

gigahz

Sep 24, 2007
Boon Lay
Guys may i know your thoughts on Sigma's 10-20mm?
Planning to get this one.
DA 12-24 is expensive though :(

was posted earlier but might want to wait for Tamron`s upcoming offering.

i went to check out Sigma 10-20mm at OP 2 weeks ago.. and they quoted me S$890 (price increased quite a lot since the last time i asked, which was about S$680+ to S$700+) and i have to wait while they get it into sg.. DA12-24, if you can find it online, is more affordable. =) ask around the bros here how they got their copy.

i like it.. but i got it when it was cheaper.

yet to see tamron's 10-24 performance, but 11-16 is marginally sharper, though if you ask me, 20mm is a very useful focal length sometimes

I'm also planning to get this lens, for my germany trip. I checked online, Its much cheaper compared to here !..

i went to check out Sigma 10-20mm at OP 2 weeks ago.. and they quoted me S$890 (price increased quite a lot since the last time i asked, which was about S$680+ to S$700+) and i have to wait while they get it into sg.. DA12-24, if you can find it online, is more affordable. =) ask around the bros here how they got their copy.

I have a 3rd-hand one, ie. I'm the 3rd owner.

Got it for $550 last year, and original receipt states it costs $850 in 2007. Quite similar to current prices then.

To OP: If you don't mind 2nd-hand, can consider it.. much cheaper!

As for performance, it's great. And all reviews online have said so likewise :)

Tried both the Sigma 10-20 and the DA 12-24. From brief trials, both performed similarly well. But the extra 2mm does make a difference, despite the distortion. Very useful for landscapes and street shots. :thumbsup:

To OP: If you don't mind 2nd-hand, can consider it.. much cheaper!

I also want, but no one is selling it, except evil-bay. :(

i got mine $750 last yr... sold it liao... luckily got a 12-24 at a much cheaper price after i miss my wide angle lens...

prices has gone up for almost all lenses... too bad just have to bite the bullet nowadays...

i dunno why ppl are always concern with sharpness for wide angle... most of the time u shoot at f8 thereabouts anyway...

the 10-20 is more than capable, 10mm is a big difference...

get the 12-24 is only if u can live with the 2mm short, else its a better lens not becos of sharpness, but more for color, flare and contrast which is superb...

my old sigma is very good, but i have to do some tweaking to get my results, the 12-24, the contrast and color is way better, but doesn't mean the results is better, just need less tweaking thats all...

anyway just buy the sigma if budget constraint....

post it in BnS, u never noe...someone might just sell u....

nice words, flowerpot.

er ... i got a 1-year-old (baby) DA12-24mm which i hardly used since i got my DA35 Ltd and DA*200mm. make me an offer i cannot refuse, bros. ;)

Was quoted $930
Damn, I had delayed getting this till I really needed it, thinking that prices can only go down (like stock market).
Now prices are up, up and away!

In fact 1st time I've heard that electronic goods go up in price. Think I will get overseas.

Oh, I see. thanks.

I'm very impressed to DA 12-24mm ... the contrast and the flare reduction is amazing..

3597110939_f2e0ceac55.jpg

BTW I got my baby to a very nice gentleman.. Thanks Bro.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.