thoughts on taiwan wedding photoshoot+holiday ?

kwanhan

Aug 17, 2009
Redhill
keep seeing those booths around.

anyone got anything positive/negative to say about them?

not that i'm getting married.

(it puzzles me to no end why there are OOF pictures in the display photo album :think:)

(it puzzles me to no end why there are OOF pictures in the display photo album :think:)

nicer scenery? or maybe also a honeymoon of sorts

IIRC in the past, bridal boutiques and tour agencies love organising mass honeymoon event whereby they charter the entire aircraft and you have like say a hundred over couples in gown and suit onboard travelling overseas.

Not too sure if those are that common nowadays.

OOF from camera shake/focusing error or shallow DOF? Or true optical blur by lenses?

I think you should concentrate your energy and time in looking for a wife first. :bsmilie:

If Singapore cannot find one, there are beautiful ones in Mongolia, Shangri-La or 阿里山. :bsmilie:

IIRC in the past, bridal boutiques and tour agencies love organising mass honeymoon event whereby they charter the entire aircraft and you have like say a hundred over couples in gown and suit onboard travelling overseas.

Not too sure if those are that common nowadays.

got no idea on that... but i was with my engaged couple friends just now... they couldn't help but wonder will they rush through the shoots... hidden costs... etc

OOF from camera shake/focusing error or shallow DOF? Or true optical blur by lenses?

as in most of the shots are passable... given that its broad day light, i think can't really be camera shake given the shutter speed.... i'm guessing focusing error... some shots the face and features just not sharp.

as in... shots that most people would chimp away, let alone allow it to appear in a finalized deliverable for customer.

I think you should concentrate your energy and time in looking for a wife first. :bsmilie:

If Singapore cannot find one, there are beautiful ones in Mongolia, Shangri-La or 阿里山. :bsmilie:

one video in response

[video=youtube_share;0rFgQCeO7Zw]http://youtu.be/0rFgQCeO7Zw[/video]

lol ok lah. i'm 26 this year. still got time... .. .....

kwanhan said:

Experienced one. My daughters photo shoot.

This relates to my experience, it does not apply to everyone of them. I am not affiliated and will not be vouching for anyone. Also, don't ask me to recommend.

It was a good overall experience. They were very professional in handling logistics arrangements. Everyone was on hand and on time.

Pics wise, I will say very well taken. They know the time of day to be at each location for the lighting etc. After culling, slightly over 500 shots were presented for selection They have a software for doing this Do remember that at the end, you choose what you want to go into the final product. They pp the final before print. They knew how to position poses, invoke the smile, eye contact, eyeball positioning This is very photographer centric, everyone will be unique and different in their professionalism.

During the entire day outdoors, there were 2 photographers and the makeup person. Makeup and hair are typically reworked (not touched up) to match the change in clothes - you don't see it here.

Would I recommend it, yes.

That said. There are the usual precautions you need to take when entering into agreements.
1. All deliverables must be written. Not in writing=you don't get it
2. Be clear what you want and what they are providing
3. Cheap gets you cheap. There's no such thing as getting more than what you paid for
4. Always think through what you're getting and understand what it means as they are in another country. A simple phone call costs money. Moving around needs transport, how will it happen? Etc etc
5. Always find out what is not covered.

kwanhan said:

I signed up for one such package. Could be going in oct/nov..

Sion said:

Sion, since I'm going, I help him look out for some 台妹? Lol

qystan said:
Experienced one. My daughters photo shoot.

This relates to my experience, it does not apply to everyone of them. I am not affiliated and will not be vouching for anyone. Also, don't ask me to recommend.

It was a good overall experience. They were very professional in handling logistics arrangements. Everyone was on hand and on time.

Pics wise, I will say very well taken. They know the time of day to be at each location for the lighting etc. After culling, slightly over 500 shots were presented for selection They have a software for doing this Do remember that at the end, you choose what you want to go into the final product. They pp the final before print. They knew how to position poses, invoke the smile, eye contact, eyeball positioning This is very photographer centric, everyone will be unique and different in their professionalism.

During the entire day outdoors, there were 2 photographers and the makeup person. Makeup and hair are typically reworked (not touched up) to match the change in clothes - you don't see it here.

Would I recommend it, yes.

That said. There are the usual precautions you need to take when entering into agreements.
1. All deliverables must be written. Not in writing=you don't get it
2. Be clear what you want and what they are providing
3. Cheap gets you cheap. There's no such thing as getting more than what you paid for
4. Always think through what you're getting and understand what it means as they are in another country. A simple phone call costs money. Moving around needs transport, how will it happen? Etc etc
5. Always find out what is not covered.

I hope I get the same or better experience than u... Mine is based in Taichung..

A colleague of mine did it.

Overall experience was good for them.

Photos imho, at least from my taste is competent but not fantastic.
That is of course wrt the Taiwanese studio my colleague used and will vary with which one a person engages.

if qystan is comfortable with sharing, how much was the package for your daughter? (what is the price point for this kind of professionalism and service etc) :)

kwanhan said:
if qystan is comfortable with sharing, how much was the package for your daughter? (what is the price point for this kind of professionalism and service etc) :)

It's just over S$3k excl airfare and lodging.

Covers 4 gowns and 3 suites, 2 photographers, make up, transport, park entrances for the photoshoot. Gown, evening dress + 3 gowns for the family during the wedding - excl return shipping n no makeup in SGP.

It's just over S$3k excl airfare and lodging.

Covers 4 gowns and 3 suites, 2 photographers, make up, transport, park entrances for the photoshoot. Gown, evening dress + 3 gowns for the family during the wedding - excl return shipping n no makeup in SGP.

Sounds like typical cookie cutter packages for the masses. My ex-colleague went for it and regretted. Her package was $3888 with similar items like yours. All the professionalism is just a show. Things they use are very low cost, including the gowns and suits and reused again and again. The poses and location are same as what they repeated with other clients and its very 'usual wedding photo looking'.

Photoshop is too blatant and excessive. Skin very plastic. Saturation on some photos too high. Her husband no longer look like her husband because they try to make him 'thinner' by using photoshop when he just said casually to try to photograph him slimmer. Also his skin become too fair and smooth and rubbery. And they like to do weird toning on their pictures. Like blueish tone or reddish tone. But she like those so ok.

Basically she fell for the advertising and sales talk thinking that she will be getting something special because its overseas.

Last edited:

no idea how good or bad about them.
usually the schedule will be tight, it won't be a holiday if the number of days at taiwan equal the number of days of shoot.
and quite likely the wedding couple will have to look elsewhere locally for gowns for actual day wedding.

(maybe the oof pictures are consider artistic??)

I did a session with a tai chung studio too. went last nov.

which one did u sign with? bv***ri?

I signed up for one such package. Could be going in oct/nov..

I hope I get the same or better experience than u... Mine is based in Taichung..

I did a session with a tai chung studio too. went last nov.

which one did u sign with? bv***ri?

Yes, that.. please tell me they are good.. my fren in TW says they are not bad..

Sounds like typical cookie cutter packages for the masses. My ex-colleague went for it and regretted. Her package was $3888 with similar items like yours. All the professionalism is just a show. Things they use are very low cost, including the gowns and suits and reused again and again. The poses and location are same as what they repeated with other clients and its very 'usual wedding photo looking'.

Photoshop is too blatant and excessive. Skin very plastic. Saturation on some photos too high. Her husband no longer look like her husband because they try to make him 'thinner' by using photoshop when he just said casually to try to photograph him slimmer. Also his skin become too fair and smooth and rubbery. And they like to do weird toning on their pictures. Like blueish tone or reddish tone. But she like those so ok.

Basically she fell for the advertising and sales talk thinking that she will be getting something special because its overseas.

$3,888 for 4 x new once off gowns + 2 x new once off suits + 2 x photographer + whole day make up + PP + photo prints - where to smell in SGP or for that matter, anywhere.

Its the same practice here unless you put up the money, we're talking $3-4K for 2 evening dresses and another $2-3K for the wedding gown. These are for mortals, no need to talk/compare if you're in the ivy league.

Professionalism is just a show - are all or most SGP wedding shoot services above this? PP overdone - again are all SGPs above this. These are very much person dependent and can occur if you get the wrong person - means look for someone to recommend not just the company but the exact person who did the job - just like in SGP.

Same places? It will always be unless you throw in the money. Like paying the photographer to go explore and find new places and unique shots.

Its all back to basics: Know what you're getting vs imagining what you're going to get. There is no such thing as getting more than what you paid.

Yes, that.. please tell me they are good.. my fren in TW says they are not bad..

If you know someone who has engaged them, ask to use the same photographer. Its more about the photographer than the company. Believe the photographers may not be their staff, but engaged on job basis.

no idea how good or bad about them.
usually the schedule will be tight, it won't be a holiday if the number of days at taiwan equal the number of days of shoot.
and quite likely the wedding couple will have to look elsewhere locally for gowns for actual day wedding.

(maybe the oof pictures are consider artistic??)

The schedule is compact, day 1 for gown selection and alterations, day 2 for shoot, day 3 they cull and make quick fix, day 4 pic selection.

Holidays, add days after the above. Except for day 3, don't ever hope you can do anything.

We extended our stay for another week and booked the transport to go around the outskirts of Taipeh, mostly to stroll around, have coffee and just enjoy the April weather.