Thoughts of the Past?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Poledra

Sep 7, 2002
Near the Clouds
Visit site
Do you guys look back on the past and think about what had passed? And walk in places you have not walked in ages?

Sometimes with regret, sometimes with fondness, other times with nostalgic thoughts. My beheaviour has been strange lately.

Originally posted by Poledra
Do you guys look back on the past and think about what had passed? And walk in places you have not walked in ages?

Sometimes with regret, sometimes with fondness, other times with nostalgic thoughts. My beheaviour has been strange lately.

Feeling nostalgic on a cold rainy washed night?

Originally posted by Wolfgang

Feeling nostalgic on a cold rainy washed night?

No. I was walking in the place yesterday where I lived for 6 years before I moved to where I am now, for no apparent reason. And my thoughts continued for the whole day. Thinking of all the things I've said which particularly stuck in my mind, people I used to be on good terms with, my first kiss, my first boyfriend, all my silly little fancies....

Strange lah. Weird, I must say.

No. I was walking in the place yesterday where I lived for 6 years before I moved to where I am now, for no apparent reason. And my thoughts continued for the whole day. Thinking of all the things I've said which particularly stuck in my mind, people I used to be on good terms with, my first kiss, my first boyfriend, all my silly little fancies....

Strange lah. Weird, I must say.

Well, this shows that you are growing up... :)

Originally posted by Digipix

Well, this shows that you are growing up... :)

haha... and age is creeping in ...
:D

and before long you'll be saying something like "I still remember that day ..."

yeah sometimes.... but the past is the past... if those were happy times, good... but if they were sad ones and they still make u sad now, then shrug it off?
Good to reminisce in the past sometimes but don get stuck there! ;P

I do. Once in a while, I'd like to walk down memory lane and remiscene the past.
I think the past and history serves to teach us to live the future better. Fragments of the past, our memories, are all part of our growing up. They kinda make up who we are... as individuals.
Even though some of us have an unhappy past... we should never deny our past.... cos they are all part of us...no matter how ugly it was. It was there for a reason... To show how beautiful u're now.

Photos are usually the catalyst that sparks off waves of emotions and thoughts. I think every photographer are the best time-travellers.

If I could close my eyes
And bring the past to life around me
Revel in the emotions remembered,
And, in the blink of an eye,
Return to the present,
I consider myself fortunate;
For men without memories
Are but shadows of their true selves.

regards,
argent2

Hi all

Yes i was feeling a wave of that feeling too. Quite a few events will spark off this nostalgic feel. An old photo, a lonely and quiet time by yourself, familiar sounds and sights, etc. It gives you a slight yearning and a tremble of heartache. It makes you feel how fast time zooms past us and how temporal things are in our existence on earth.

These are nice and warm feelings, yet a bit achy. Can you imagine, every second is ticking by so quickly and every event will just become a figment of memory to be savoured. That's why i love photography. It captures moments that will remain etched in our memories. It evokes the inner emotions which we do not know exist within us. It inspires and provokes us.

i do that all the time, Poledra. when you start approaching my age *koff koff*, sure start reminiscing one. :D

Wah.. Sian.. I feel so ancient when I look at those Sec 1 people. *sigh* And the way they talk about Neopets. Cannot beat them. Don't wanna grow up... *whines*

Yeah... Jonny is right... Time is slipping by so fast. I run along with time, trying to keep up with it in an neverending race, without noticing the distance ran.

If only I could do that physically, then 2.4km run win liao... :D

Wah.. Sian.. I feel so ancient when I look at those Sec 1 people. *sigh* And the way they talk about Neopets. Cannot beat them. Don't wanna grow up... *whines*

the beauty of innocence...:angel:

It's always useful to retrospect as they give us opportunities within our busy schedules to recall and reflect...the bad times, the good ones as well as the critical events that contribute to the turning points of our lives thus far...

The trick is not to overdo it to the extent that it'll make us constantly 'live' in yesterdays and forget to live and look forward to the tomorrows...

serious. i love wearing long four+boots and running in it. most others think i am crazy but i love the feeling of running in long four+boots. it stems from my childhood dream of wanting to be a strong runner because last time my childhood days i was weak and often fell ill. until when NS came then i took the chance to painfully build up my fitness from scratch.Now i surpass all those kindergarten+primary school+secondary school+junior college friends in terms of running strength, except for those very strong few where now i equal them. but they also have weakened and dwindled, hahaha .Especially those former school atheletes who avoided combat roles and quietly took deskjobs during NS...HMMMP! my next long term goal is to go for 50km run. good day, gentlemen. i leave some advice: running clears the mind and when u go beyond the crucial " steady state ", u will experience the flying sensation of a "runners high" cheerios! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.