Thought Chen Fu Ji was about fried rice

ricohflex

Feb 24, 2005
sing
Have eaten their fried rice and did not find it to be anything special.

Woman gets served $5,900 bill after dining at Clarke Quay restaurant

There were 20 diners in that group. As to whether it was expensive, it depends on what they ate.

Generally, Clarke Quay has degenerated into a blatant tourist trap where rentals are high.
Most tourism-centred countries have such notorious tourist traps.

This is just 1 instance of a diner who raised it to the media's attention.

There may be another few hundred diners that night in Clarke Quay F&B outlets, who just paid high bills and kept quiet - every night this goes on in tourist traps all over the world.

Locals know of other places where much better food at much lower prices can be found. Tourists do not know.

You might not find it special, but others might.

Also, remember that it's for 20 diners. Don't forget GST and Service Charges. It increases as the price gets higher.

I believe it was also pointed out that the cost is around below $140 per person.

If it's a restaurant with a name for itself, it can charge that much. It's all about perceived value.

Is the fried rice good. I always wanted to try but none of the people around me wants to spend that kind of money of fried rice.

They should rename themselves to something more local and accurate. Perhaps "Tai Lang Tiam".

Never ever order steam fish in a Chinese makan place without knowing the type and cost of the fish 1st.... to you, its just a fish... to the Pro, its a rare hard to get fish that cost $1000s++++. Be warn...

Never ever order steam fish in a Chinese makan place without knowing the type and cost of the fish 1st.... to you, its just a fish... to the Pro, its a rare hard to get fish that cost $1000s++++. Be warn...

A responsible restaurant will inform the customer of the type and price.

A responsible restaurant will inform the customer of the type and price.

Yes they should... but there are also customer that feel insulted when the restaurant inform them infront of their guest, and want to 'act' rich without losing face...

buy set meal and place advanced booking , safest. anyway for good food, Peony Jade is super value and delicious. my family eat reunion dinner there every year.

buy set meal and place advanced booking , safest. anyway for good food, Peony Jade is super value and delicious. my family eat reunion dinner there every year.

the food there is great!

I think it is a black shop.

if you checked the reviews at hungrygowhere, there is quite a few good reviews recently. But all these reviews come from reviewers who has ONE REVIEW on hungrygowhere. Looks like a con job.

I think it is a black shop.

if you checked the reviews at hungrygowhere, there is quite a few good reviews recently. But all these reviews come from reviewers who has ONE REVIEW on hungrygowhere. Looks like a con job.

they were also given lots of thumbs downs from people with only one review.

so... you were saying?

they were also given lots of thumbs downs from people with only one review.

so... you were saying?

in my view, usually thumbs down one review is true, especially something went wrong really bad as in the case of black shops, like overcharging etc. People gets so irritated that they decided to post online to warn other people even though they are usually not food reviewers.

After all those bad reviews, you suddenly see a big number of 1 review reviewers recommending this shop... it is up to you to draw your own conclusion.

Eaten at PJ long time ago. Not bad. No especially good. Basically I prefer hawker food cooked by a hawker who has been doing >10 years.

Eaten at PJ long time ago. Not bad. No especially good. Basically I prefer hawker food cooked by a hawker who has been doing >10 years.

No $10 X O CTK (chai tow kueh) for you then.

Also recommend Peony Jade, either Clarke Quay or Keppel Club... both offer good food. I rmb they also have a very tasty seafood fried rice with lobster, fish & shrimp too.

My family gets our seafood makan in JB.... too $$$ here...

in my view, usually thumbs down one review is true, especially something went wrong really bad as in the case of black shops, like overcharging etc. People gets so irritated that they decided to post online to warn other people even though they are usually not food reviewers.

After all those bad reviews, you suddenly see a big number of 1 review reviewers recommending this shop... it is up to you to draw your own conclusion.

so.. you're rather believe that people can only say bad things about others, but people saying good things are unbelievable?

:bsmilie:

anyways don't beat yourself up about being a totally negative person. after-all, you're a Singapore Son. it's common :)

Last edited: