Though about my camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SianZronG

Sep 2, 2002
Punggol
www.1stjournal.com
Owned the C-4000z for quite a while now.
But it seems to have out grown mi , Or is it just mi being all hyped up about getting a new camera.

so i was thinknig about upgrading to a E-10 seems decent. should be able to last mi for quite some time i hope. and it's SLR operation attracts mi alot + it's price. being a DZSLR dosen't require mi to change lenses ( and i have TC at home so zoom power should not be a problem). less cost incurred. i'm a student don't really have a tonn of cash in the bank.

Maybe i could get a second hand set E-10 + FL-40 (never tried a full TTL flash befroe) + batt grip maybe?

am i doing something wrong here? anyone? i jsut need some honest opinions.

-----------------------------

after reading mylau's post i though to myself , even if i waited, i realise i will never accumilate enough wealth to get myself any form of DSLR + decent lense set. unless i strike 4D or something.

wait till you have cash first before you spend.

Originally posted by mylau
wait till you have cash first before you spend.

after reading mylau's post i though to myself , even if i waited, i realise i will never accumilate enough wealth to get myself any form of DSLR + decent lense set. unless i strike 4D or something.

Originally posted by SianZronG
But it seems to have out grown mi , Or is it just mi being all hyped up about getting a new camera.

so i was thinknig about upgrading to a E-10 seems decent. should be able to last mi for quite some time i hope. and it's SLR operation attracts mi alot + it's price. being a DZSLR dosen't require mi to change lenses ( and i have TC at home so zoom power should not be a problem). less cost incurred. i'm a student don't really have a tonn of cash in the bank.

Maybe i could get a second hand set E-10 + FL-40 (never tried a full TTL flash befroe) + batt grip maybe?

Don't do it. Unless you can get one for a real bargain (<$900)

The E10 was an attractive option 6months-1yr back because it had SLR handling, great optics and very impressive build quality. Image quality was rather good too.

However, at this current point in time, you can get DSLRs which offer you the flexibility of lens changes for $1400.(D30/S1Pro)

This makes the E10 unattractive in comparison. Also, consider the high price of its accessories.

also, any teleconverter you have won't work well with the E10 (unless you got the big >$300 1.45x teleconverter meant for the E series).

but the bigger question is, will there be better use of the money (trip, further studies, etc) and will the level of usage justify the higher cost (and a heavier camera)?

confusing.... so just sit tigh and wait? when will this waiting game end.... :dunno:

waiting for DSLR to be main stream? that could take quite SOME time...

as for E-10.... maybe if it's cheaper... yeah... you said it correct. there was a offer for E-10 + FL40 + batt grip for $1.5k it's already there.

but at the point i had no cash.

As for the weight.... i've been using a seedy Three for a long time... it's always too big for mi but i like it Good and big always ready to take on greater challanges.

but the money sure there is many use....frankly 1.5k isn't too much money nor too little to be ignored. If i invested in a D10 with 75-200USM IS lense maybe i should think about the cost and wat i could do with the money.

To mi 4MP should be able to work for mi for a long time cause i usually do 5R prints, or 6R once in a while. as long as i don't go professioinal which i don't think i will(i'm only 19) , 4MP really would stand the test of time.

ahhh... confused. where do i go on from here.

is my frame set matured? or am i still that youngster that hasn't grown up and ask momy for money to buy the next big things that's avaiailble or recommened (like my C-4000z) or hyped up by my friends?

ignore the hype. using a E-10 (or a DSLR) doesn't mean you get better pictures than a C-4000z.

Originally posted by Larry
ignore the hype. using a E-10 (or a DSLR) doesn't mean you get better pictures than a C-4000z.

Too free - Shot More!!

No time? then why want to upgrade?

I'm still stretching the limits of my digicam.

Somehow I like the look of people when they see me using a digicam for event shoot and later can print out A4 size pictures good quality pictures.

Need to improve my PS skill though.

Originally posted by Larry

the though of upgrading came only when i was really stumped with my C-4000z.

i help my clan GBR ( they play CS btw) to take their photos at competitions / events / outings. I also help with the asgn.net community.

So my live revolves around gaming. and LAN shops comes to mind. there was this time when i was shooting for a compy i was stummped. the LAN shop which was hosted in it was kinda dark. So i though don't use flash then won't disturb players. but you know ppl move alot so i keep missing stuff. :( then i tried flash. Boom no coverage.

Then there was the BBQ's i went to at East COast Park, yeah and yet agani at night. darkness was my greatest enemy.... no AF assist. die. haha. manual focus = supre slow.

so actually a E-10 should actually enable mi to take bettter pictures. :D

For a start, why do u want to upgrade? What are the features that you need that warrants a jump from the prosumer level to the DSLR bandwagon?

Originally posted by Snowcrash
Too free - Shot More!!

No time? then why want to upgrade?

I'm still stretching the limits of my digicam.

Somehow I like the look of people when they see me using a digicam for event shoot and later can print out A4 size pictures good quality pictures.

Need to improve my PS skill though.

Cool.... i'm free though now my camerae sent for repairs... the buttons arn't respsondnig....

jsut wondering wat system are you running on?

Originally posted by imaginary_number
For a start, why do u want to upgrade? What are the features that you need that warrants a jump from the prosumer level to the DSLR bandwagon?

i liek to have both zoom + focus features in the palm on my hand. so i can zoom in and focus fast.

i would like to have a hugh GN flash coverage. i realise i'm always faced with dark situtaions + AF assist. (FL-40)

i would like to have SLR operation you see wat you get.

i would like to swtich to CF bigger capacity + cheap.

i would like to have a overall faster system ( excpet the writing to CF part)

i would like to have little to null shutter LAG.

even if i waited, i realise i will never accumilate enough wealth to get myself any form of DSLR + decent lense set. unless i strike 4D or something.

you mean you're forever going to be a student or something and not going to work? ;p

seriously, heed mylau's advice. no money don't spend. all of us have dreams.

Originally posted by munfai
you mean you're forever going to be a student or something and not going to work? ;p

seriously, heed mylau's advice. no money don't spend. all of us have dreams.

LoL yeah yeah.... :bsmilie: soon soon attachment. :D

Seriously, I'd advise you to wait for true lens changeable dSLR deal to come along.

The price difference isn't that much, and the accessories are a lot more saleable and flexible.

With the E10 you will be stuck with a 35-135? lens, no doubt its bright(f2-2.4?), but you will be limited in flexibility and the wide/tele convertors are simply too expensive to consider and don't do much to change the focal length. Also, the E10 doesn't have a really high ISO mode.

-----------------------------

Hi,

Take my advice, don't get the E-10 its not worth buying its, why, if you ask? Cos i'm a E-10 user myself, image quality not very good, slow in writing and reading of card even with high speed reading or writing CF cards, Its heavy 1000++grams, plus grip even more heavy becos of the weight of batt, limited lens (TC & Wide angle lens) and very expensive must buy back their brand(Olympus). Its only 3.7 effective million pixel. Speedlite not so sure cos i don't use flash offen. Well that is all i can remember for now. Personally i regreted buying this camera, i will always advice my friends not to get this E-10 or E-20 they are the same. Well i though you might like know this thats all.

Cheers,
Henry

Originally posted by ammox77
Yeah one more thing, lots of noise at high ISO at 132 - 300 i think.

Cheers,
Henry

yeah.... all olympus camereas hace noise problems even this one i'm holding now... i usually -4 sharpening to remove all visible noise. but generates a soft image. but it works.

until now i only have very bad / negetive respsonses....

seems like this is one desision i might regert if i take it :bsmilie:

thanks guys for your time...

why not getting a Canon D30 its 3.11 or 3.25 effective million pixel i think so hehehe forgot hehehe i'm planning to get that, its with noise reduction technolagy even at high ISO as high as 1500 hehehe

Status
Not open for further replies.