Though about my camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by wantunn
Heh heh .. din quote you cos I oso dunno..
quote too low I lugi.. quote too high I look like a fool .. heh heh ...

Ok ok .. I would guess ... at least $1800?

Wah so ex ah! a new one cost about $1699.00 with GST leh.

yeah anyway hehehe...............image quailty s@#ks big time, whne it comes to ISO 132 the image turn out LOTS OF NOISE AH!!!!! even at ISO 80 its has already shown some little noise. Oh yeah i forgot E-10 has only have 1 focus point but not sure about the E-20

Actually new E10 only $1550 w/o GST.. last quote I got from MS Color around Dec last year.

We're actually discussing a set.. E10 + Grip/Polymer battery + FL40 + B+W 62mm UV + Power Adapter + 32MB Olympus SM + all the other frills like lcd bellows, da protector etc etc

It's a long running discussion spanning 2 forums :p

Originally posted by ammox77
Wah so ex ah! a new one cost about $1699.00 with GST leh.

Thats why I say I not expert .. still havent moved ISO and White balance off the Auto setting...

Yah.. but the 1 focus point thing quite irritating.. always forget cos used to my EOS 300 (affordable camera but got 7 focusing points).

Maybe thats a good reason for me to upgrade...

Originally posted by ammox77
yeah anyway hehehe...............image quailty s@#ks big time, whne it comes to ISO 132 the image turn out LOTS OF NOISE AH!!!!! even at ISO 80 its has already shown some little noise. Oh yeah i forgot E-10 has only have 1 focus point but not sure about the E-20

new E10 is $1500 and new batt grip is $800 new FL40 is $500 so total is 1500 + 800 + 500 = $2800

now he selling for $1800... save $1k. best can sell at $1.5k :D

then the FL40 still can use on the future SLR's of the olyduck :D

maybe the battt grip hehe... since the design looks so simmilar.

Originally posted by wantunn
Thats why I say I not expert .. still havent moved ISO and White balance off the Auto setting...

Yah.. but the 1 focus point thing quite irritating.. always forget cos used to my EOS 300 (affordable camera but got 7 focusing points).

Maybe thats a good reason for me to upgrade...

they only take 1 focus points at one time? or multi focus points.... cause my C-4000z got a few focus points but only 1 at a time.

Only 1 focus point. In the middle :(

Originally posted by SianZronG
they only take 1 focus points at one time? or multi focus points.... cause my C-4000z got a few focus points but only 1 at a time.

Wah.. price really drop so much ah.. looks like I'll be stuck with this for quite a while then.

new E10 is $1500 and new batt grip is $800 new FL40 is $500 so total is 1500 + 800 + 500 = $2800

now he selling for $1800... save $1k. best can sell at $1.5k :D

then the FL40 still can use on the future SLR's of the olyduck :D

maybe the battt grip hehe... since the design looks so simmilar.

Price drop too much no point selling..won't be able to finance another :( ... might as well sit tight and wait (long long) for Canon's DSLR to drop to $2k new or less... other option is pick up a 2nd hand D30 at $1k+ .... hmmm....

so not selling liaoz huh? :D

the though of upgrading came only when i was really stumped with my C-4000z.

i help my clan GBR ( they play CS btw) to take their photos at competitions / events / outings. I also help with the asgn.net community.

So my live revolves around gaming. and LAN shops comes to mind. there was this time when i was shooting for a compy i was stummped. the LAN shop which was hosted in it was kinda dark. So i though don't use flash then won't disturb players. but you know ppl move alot so i keep missing stuff. :( then i tried flash. Boom no coverage.

Then there was the BBQ's i went to at East COast Park, yeah and yet agani at night. darkness was my greatest enemy.... no AF assist. die. haha. manual focus = supre slow.

so actually a E-10 should actually enable mi to take bettter pictures. :D

i think you have not explored your camera enough to make use of its full capabilities. all you need is AF in darkness?

I am now posing a challenge to you:

if i can use your C-4000z and do AF in darkness, would you give me your C-4000z?

i liek to have both zoom + focus features in the palm on my hand. so i can zoom in and focus fast.

i would like to have a hugh GN flash coverage. i realise i'm always faced with dark situtaions + AF assist. (FL-40)

i would like to have SLR operation you see wat you get.

i would like to swtich to CF bigger capacity + cheap.

i would like to have a overall faster system ( excpet the writing to CF part)

i would like to have little to null shutter LAG.

why not consider the 7hi?
IMO its the best prosumer DC next to a DSLR

it covers everything u mentioned above and much MORE!!
the flash u can get a 3rd party one for $300 and it is as powerful as the 5400

Originally posted by mylau
i think you have not explored your camera enough to make use of its full capabilities. all you need is AF in darkness?

if i can use your C-4000z and do AF in darkness, would you give me your C-4000z?
er..... laser pointer? maglite?:D

Originally posted by mylau

so am i suppose to stick with my C-4000z forever? no rite? i didn't say it's lousy or wat. i just want to get a more capaible camera.... with faster AF and stuff.

i would like to try out film too... no more ISO problems i mean the noise issuses.

cheaper.... somehow.... in term of equipment.

Originally posted by MaGixShOe
why not consider the 7hi?
IMO its the best prosumer DC next to a DSLR

it covers everything u mentioned above and much MORE!!
the flash u can get a 3rd party one for $300 and it is as powerful as the 5400

so exp. $$$ most exp Prosumer digicam

and i don't think it's VERY VERY VERY good lar.... just not bad. ;)

anyway i'm getting my C-4000z back tommorow..... finally... can't wait to get it back.... no camera... no imaging device.... no photos!
:D

Status
Not open for further replies.