Though about my camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by ammox77
why not getting a Canon D30 its 3.11 or 3.25 effective million pixel i think so hehehe forgot hehehe i'm planning to get that, its with noise reduction technolagy even at high ISO as high as 1500 hehehe
it's gonna cost $1k. + watever GOOD lense it's gonna cost as much as the camera + flash + everything else , a real DSLR is not within my budget.

cause my philosiphy is either get all or get non. i can't get the cam and sit it at home :D and the price of a D30 is really gonna drop drop drop drop ..... and as for lenses good investment but no moeny to buy. :D

one more note. i think until this point olympus cameras... haiz... no more confidence in them liaoz. at least service is good.

and you still ahve your E-10? can i test it out and feel for myself how really not worth it , it is?

If u can find a D30 at S$1k, buy one. Later, spend another S$200 on a 50mm f1.8 lens, and u have the best portrait lens (using so little money) in the world.

D30 at S$1k is really a good price already. If the Canon G3 is S$1.2k, I don't see why not spend the same amount of money on a D30.

because you will really be stuck on a 50mm? :D

it would be good though... good enough for my daily use like covering events. but the places i think where i need zoom wOot i can't stand to give up zoom.

Originally posted by SianZronG

it would be good though... good enough for my daily use like covering events. but the places i think where i need zoom wOot i can't stand to give up zoom.

How abt the 24-85 or 3rd party 28-1xx lens. Should't cost a bomb and almost covers the basic range the c4000 covers.

The E10 at 140mm isn't that useful when you really need zoom. Remember that you can get a cheap 75-300mm*1.6 when you really need it.

Also, the max ISO of 320 on the E10 means that your indoor shots will be limited to very flat flash shots which will end up rather ugly IMO. Having high ISO800 and above is extremely useful, without it, you would be best sticking with your C4000 first until some better prosumer cam comes along.

after having a long talk with ammox77 i decided to hold my horses... :D and be the sit and wait guy i am...

the though of upgrading came only when i was really stumped with my C-4000z.

i help my clan GBR ( they play CS btw) to take their photos at competitions / events / outings. I also help with the asgn.net community.

So my live revolves around gaming. and LAN shops comes to mind. there was this time when i was shooting for a compy i was stummped. the LAN shop which was hosted in it was kinda dark. So i though don't use flash then won't disturb players. but you know ppl move alot so i keep missing stuff. :( then i tried flash. Boom no coverage.

Then there was the BBQ's i went to at East COast Park, yeah and yet agani at night. darkness was my greatest enemy.... no AF assist. die. haha. manual focus = supre slow.

so actually a E-10 should actually enable mi to take bettter pictures. :D

I was in your shoes once, my Casio QV-2900UX did not have a viewfinder at all, only LCD and when ever I try to compose (not even shoot yet, merely composing) my shots to try and shoot a group of people.

I cannot even see on the LCD, who's on the right and left, it's like total pitch black. I had to guess by looking at the direction my camera is facing.

Take a shot or 2 and when the flash brightens up the people and I realised MR XYZ, has got his head chopped off or MISS ABC has only half a face.

I will then shift my camera left or right slightly and try again.
(Now at least my 717 has Night-Framing, so I can compose my shots in darkness. :D)

During the Chingay Procession in 2003. I shot from the roadside and w/o an external flash it was like so dark and I gave up.

I later learnt that for low light, you can use a higher ISO + widest possible aperature + slowest possible shutter speed to try and compensate.

i liek to have both zoom + focus features in the palm on my hand. so i can zoom in and focus fast.

i would like to have a hugh GN flash coverage. i realise i'm always faced with dark situtaions + AF assist. (FL-40)

i would like to have SLR operation you see wat you get.

i would like to swtich to CF bigger capacity + cheap.

i would like to have a overall faster system ( excpet the writing to CF part)

i would like to have little to null shutter LAG.

Hmm... so it's not really a need, just a want eh?

Originally posted by imaginary_number
Hmm... so it's not really a need, just a want eh?

if it's a hobby.... i would go i want a camera in the first place... it's a hobby.

the E-10 would expose mi to more profesional tasks and features that my C-4000z does not have. i would also WANT a DSLR
i would also want a super zoom lense , i would also want a super wide lense with big apertures.... and stuff... but not cost effective. :D

Originally posted by Winston
I was in your shoes once, my Casio QV-2900UX did not have a viewfinder at all, only LCD and when ever I try to compose (not even shoot yet, merely composing) my shots to try and shoot a group of people.

I cannot even see on the LCD, who's on the right and left, it's like total pitch black. I had to guess by looking at the direction my camera is facing.

Take a shot or 2 and when the flash brightens up the people and I realised MR XYZ, has got his head chopped off or MISS ABC has only half a face.

I will then shift my camera left or right slightly and try again.
(Now at least my 717 has Night-Framing, so I can compose my shots in darkness. :D)

During the Chingay Procession in 2003. I shot from the roadside and w/o an external flash it was like so dark and I gave up.

I later learnt that for low light, you can use a higher ISO + widest possible aperature + slowest possible shutter speed to try and compensate.

actually 90% of consumer Digicams suffer from night focus problems. but some cameras have devised ways to go aroudn it. like AF assist lights or IR lights or laser holograms and stuff. :D

So unless you have the money to invest in a 10D sure i could get the ISO 3200 and a great lense maybe a prime 50mm f1.0L. But it's way way way way too exp :D so we gotta balance the price VS the Advantages/features. So a E-10 is going to be damm cheap soon hopefully .... and i see whole sets of it going out including FL40 + batt grip all ready to go! ;)

cost effective :thumbsup: and serves my purpose.

actually 90% of consumer Digicams suffer from night focus problems. but some cameras have devised ways to go aroudn it. like AF assist lights or IR lights or laser holograms and stuff. :D

So unless you have the money to invest in a 10D sure i could get the ISO 3200 and a great lense maybe a prime 50mm f1.0L. But it's way way way way too exp :D so we gotta balance the price VS the Advantages/features. So a E-10 is going to be damm cheap soon hopefully .... and i see whole sets of it going out including FL40 + batt grip all ready to go! ;)

:confused: what SianZrong you still thinking of getting the E-10? NONO its not cheap leh....the grip itself is already about $800.00++ new at CP, and must remember hor its only 140mm zoom, need more zoom? must buy back Olympus TC more better pic quailty, etc, etc.........

Originally posted by ammox77
:confused: what SianZrong you still thinking of getting the E-10? NONO its not cheap leh....the grip itself is already about $800.00++ new at CP, and must remember hor its only 140mm zoom, need more zoom? must buy back Olympus TC more better pic quailty, etc, etc.........

it's cheap second hand.

sit and wait.

anyway there are also supporters of E-10 who owes say it's good. until now i have heard the worst side of the E-10 and seen some very good photos(no post processing) on the bright and colourful side. :D read Dpreview seems some profesionals(or at least i think they are pros) use it as a backup or in their studio setup(maybe becuse of ISO so studio?)

so up till now still sit and wait.

AF assist? Yeah, when i saw my friend's S45 has that and my 2MP camera does not, I admit I kind of envy him. It's like wah...

The in-ability of my Casio 2MP camera to perform well at night, did accerelate my decision to go prosumer. and the hunt was on. :D
Finally settled on the F717, cause it's wide f/2.0 aperature makes it a good candidate for low-light shooting w/o flash.

Well, if the set includes a FL-40 flash, you may want to upgrade from a E-10 to a Olympus 4/3 DSLR in future, since you will save on the flash unit. The 4/3 DSLR accepts Olympus flash.

Not sure if the battery grip can be used on the 4/3 DSLR too, since the design is basically an E-20 with detachable lens. If so, it's a may be worth whilie to get a 2nd hand set of E-10 + FL-40 + battery grip. Heard the FL-40 is worth $500+ brand new. :eek:

Eh.. talking about me ah.. :p

.... and i see whole sets of it going out including FL40 + batt grip all ready to go! ;)

Originally posted by wantunn
Eh.. talking about me ah.. :p

LoL.... actually i want a honest opinion of wat YOU think about the E-10.... wat really bugs you and wat really kicks ass in this cam.

that djugashvili never buy from you? izzit your price too high? :D

actually how much izzit? i still dunno..... haha.

Honest opinion? Ok.. here goes...

Pros:
1. It's got a really good feel, in terms of weight, handling etc compared to some of the other camera's I've tried. This is especially so with the grip + polymer battery attached.

2. It looks dem pro with the grip + flash attached.. I know I know.. dem heow :p

3. It's got a sh**load of funky features and most of the features I will ever need (except of course interchangable lenses). Just had a chance to try it out with studio strobes as well.

4. Most of the controls are accessible directly without going into the menu. Also, most of the settings require 2 simultaneous actions to activate (e.g. you need to press down on the flash button and use the command dial to set the setting you want). This prevents accidental changing of functions.

5. F2.0-F2.4(I think) lens... will probably cost like $1200++ for a similar SLR lens like the canon 17-40 L(?) which is not yet F2.0-F2.4

6. Optical viewfinder. No laggy feeling like EVF.

7. Lithium Polymer battery can last practically the whole day if you use non-stop.

8. LCD can swing out (I think the DSLRs all cannot) for low angle shot.

9. 62mm lens thread allows me to use filters, cokin P system etc directly

Cons:

1. It's dem heavy especially for ladies. I lent it to my female collegue covering the MTV Asia awards and she was complaining arm cramp at the end of the day. Also I've had occasion where my 308 RC can't take the weight of the camera when I treid to put it in an odd angle.

2. E10 don't take Microdrive (which should teach me don't buy your MD before your camera) although I've heard the 340MB version works.

3. Without the polymer battery it can suck through a set of 2100mah batteries in well under 1 hour (more like 30 minutes sometimes).

4. ISO 80-320 only. It might be nice to have a wider range.

5. Lens not changable.

6. Olympus accessories are more expensive then most (I think).

7. Focusing not so great in low light (this might just be me though)

8. Of course, everyone's favourite grip.. the CF write speed dem slow.. even slower then my 2100 (although of course the file size is bigger).

LoL.... actually i want a honest opinion of wat YOU think about the E-10.... wat really bugs you and wat really kicks ass in this cam.

i was waiting for this like hm... how long is wantunn gonan take to post this... :bsmilie:

i want to see ammox77 post his comments sure all cons :D no offense hehe.... cause he feels it's the worst he has used all his life. hey not that bad wat....

anyway.... never say anything about pic quality? no noise issue for you? Cool .....

Honest opinion? Ok.. here goes...

Pros:
1. It's got a really good feel, in terms of weight, handling etc compared to some of the other camera's I've tried. This is especially so with the grip + polymer battery attached.

2. It looks dem pro with the grip + flash attached.. I know I know.. dem heow :p

3. It's got a sh**load of funky features and most of the features I will ever need (except of course interchangable lenses). Just had a chance to try it out with studio strobes as well.

4. Most of the controls are accessible directly without going into the menu. Also, most of the settings require 2 simultaneous actions to activate (e.g. you need to press down on the flash button and use the command dial to set the setting you want). This prevents accidental changing of functions.

5. F2.0-F2.4(I think) lens... will probably cost like $1200++ for a similar SLR lens like the canon 17-40 L(?) which is not yet F2.0-F2.4

6. Optical viewfinder. No laggy feeling like EVF.

7. Lithium Polymer battery can last practically the whole day if you use non-stop.

8. LCD can swing out (I think the DSLRs all cannot) for low angle shot.

9. 62mm lens thread allows me to use filters, cokin P system etc directly

Cons:

1. It's dem heavy especially for ladies. I lent it to my female collegue covering the MTV Asia awards and she was complaining arm cramp at the end of the day. Also I've had occasion where my 308 RC can't take the weight of the camera when I treid to put it in an odd angle.

2. E10 don't take Microdrive (which should teach me don't buy your MD before your camera) although I've heard the 340MB version works.

3. Without the polymer battery it can suck through a set of 2100mah batteries in well under 1 hour (more like 30 minutes sometimes).

4. ISO 80-320 only. It might be nice to have a wider range.

5. Lens not changable.

6. Olympus accessories are more expensive then most (I think).

7. Focusing not so great in low light (this might just be me though)

8. Of course, everyone's favourite grip.. the CF write speed dem slow.. even slower then my 2100 (although of course the file size is bigger).

Alamak .. I'm not power user lah.. din get that far yet..

Yah ... working in front of a computer whole day.. can post like nobody's business ..
:p

i was waiting for this like hm... how long is wantunn gonan take to post this... :bsmilie:

i want to see ammox77 post his comments sure all cons :D no offense hehe.... cause he feels it's the worst he has used all his life. hey not that bad wat....

anyway.... never say anything about pic quality? no noise issue for you? Cool .....

Alamak .. I'm not power user lah.. din get that far yet..

Yah ... working in front of a computer whole day.. can post like nobody's business ..
:p

still haven't tell mi agar agar how much you expect from the whole set.... $$$

Heh heh .. din quote you cos I oso dunno..
quote too low I lugi.. quote too high I look like a fool .. heh heh ...

Ok ok .. I would guess ... at least $1800?

still haven't tell mi agar agar how much you expect from the whole set.... $$$

Status
Not open for further replies.