Thoth's Street Spotting and Portraitures with MF lenses

Thoth

Apr 19, 2012
What is street photography? One said is the capturing of beauty of things around us that goes un-noticed. My love affair with the Manual Focus lenses starts with my first camera ever purchased, the NEX 7, 8 months back and joining the Clubsnap community. The purchase of the NEX 7 is due to an influence of a very dear friend of mine, highly recommended then for a small compact system but producing great IQ output. As for the switch into MF lenses, it's from another dear friend of mine who has been playing MF lenses on his NEX 5n for quite sometime and my first MF lens is from him, a very good value for money purchase. The Carl Zeiss Planar Contax CY 50mm f/1.7 lens.

Enough of mambo jambo... Sharing some of the shots earlier this year from my NEX 7 and my first MF lens... Tks.

CONTAX CY ZEISS PLANAR 50mm f/1.7, the portraiture lens

The Voigtlander Ultron 35mm f/1.7 ASPH lens on the NEX 7

kaxdd said:
That looks like my friend's daughter! Hahaha! Nonetheless, good stuff and keep coming in with more images!

Really? She is very cute n natural at posing. Got potential. Tks for yr kind words. Cheers.

Where is your Leica?

gunston said:
Where is your Leica?

Ooh. Not yet. Next up tonite shots from summicron and summilux. Cheers.

Still on NEX 7 shots, following photos are taken with Summicron 35mm f/2.0 ASPH lens...

Finally on X-E1 with the latest lens tat I haf, the Summilux Pre ASPH 35mm f/1.4.

Shot wide open

DSCF2205.jpg

DSCF2260.jpg

d63252d1b83deba5b2009c2a55a25633.jpg

DSCF2396_zpsc8d6a150.jpg

DSCF2427_zpsdaf978ec.jpg

This is how Keiko Chan probably fell in love with photography, from young... :bsmilie:

DSCF2948_zps47bab4a7.jpg

Why R U late???

DSCF3009_zpsab5fb631.jpg

X-E1 on Summilux 35mm f/1.4 Pre ASPH

DSCF2477_zpsfad81755.jpg

DSCF2465_zps58a06e36.jpg

DSCF2464_zpsbb12c19e.jpg

DSCF2462_zps4783f49c.jpg

DSCF2470_zps2690cf69.jpg

Summilux Pre ASPH 35/1.4 (1979 - Late Canadian V2)

Wide Open:

Love the series. Keep them coming pls.

Love the series. Keep them coming pls.

Tks for liking d pics. Cheers n haf a great Sunday. Hope d haze is getting better.

Nice series, more drooling photos from your lux please

Nice series, more drooling photos from your lux please

Wah bro. I'm still learning. Need to shoot wif u more. When u want d filter?? Shoot hazy IR? Haha

A visit to the Peranankan Museum...

Summilux 35mm f/1.4 Pre ASPH @ Wide Open

“Sharpness is a bourgeois concept” - Henri Cartier-Bresson

Last edited:
More from my visit to the Peranankan Museum...

Summilux 35mm f/1.4 Pre ASPH @ Wide Open

Sharpness is a bourgeois concept” - Henri Cartier-Bresson

Weekend Portraiture Shooting @ Leica Boutique Raffles Hotel... All taken with Summilux Pre ASPH 35mm f/1.4