Those working in office, do you feel this way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drudkh

Mar 2, 2004
lulu island
Every working day after lunch, from 2pm to 4pm, you'll feel restless, sleepy and your eyes starts to tired. Your eyelids gets heavy and by 3pm your eyes keep opening and closing intermittently. At 4pm, you'll start getting refresh and alert, you feel very energetic.

Why do I have to suffer this way everyday? :confused: Well, TGIF! :D

haahaha, on days when I have no fire to fight... i ALWAYS feel that way. :D

renegade said:
Nooooo :nono:

You feel that way only from 2pm to 4pm?? I feel that way from 9am to 6pm. :cry:
Oh man, God bless you. You're more extreme than me. ;p

Just keep remind yourself, that you need the salary to buy the next new camera, then you would not feel sleepy and would carry on working with 101% dedication!~~

There are several reasons why you feel that way around 2-4pm, that's probably due to the fact that you took too much sugar/carbohydrates during lunch, so your body needs to sleep it off.

espn said:
There are several reasons why you feel that way around 2-4pm, that's probably due to the fact that you took too much sugar/carbohydrates during lunch, so your body needs to sleep it off.
sounds interesting. i got a free plate of fruits during lunch though, courtesy of the fruits stall auntie. :D

Heard it off some TV programme quite a while ago, so now I try to cut down on the rice/noodles and focus on the dishes instead. ;)

saving up for new lens -> no $$ for food -> too hungry to sleep

but no energy to work also, so just stare at the pic of the lens on the monitor. :)

renegade said:
wah so good! u must be a yan dao auntie-magnet :bsmilie:
wah liew... i look so bad meh? only attracts auntie? :(

Drudkh said:
Every working day after lunch, from 2pm to 4pm, you'll feel restless, sleepy and your eyes starts to tired. Your eyelids gets heavy and by 3pm your eyes keep opening and closing intermittently.

Could I ask a personal question?

Is there sex between 1pm to 2pm every working day?

做工一条虫 放工一条龙

surf clubsnap.........multi task and hide behind work and when boss not around pop back in...then time pass very fast.......been doing this ever since sept 2004.....hahahaha :bsmilie:

Drudkh said:
sounds interesting. i got a free plate of fruits during lunch though, courtesy of the fruits stall auntie. :D

there's still carbo in fruits too ;)

esp oranges, not to mention simple sugars

quote:

"...foods that are rich in simple sugars or simple carbohydrates are known to make people feel physically and intellectually groggy after eating them."

"The reason is that simple sugars stimulate the release of a neurotransmitter in the brain called seretonin that actually makes you feel sleepy. To avoid feeling sleepy or sluggish after lunch, stick to foods that are rich in complex carbohydrates, such as whole grains. And foods that provide some protein, such as lean meats, nuts, legumes, or seeds. These foods do not trigger the release of seretonin and therefore, leave you feeling energized instead of sleepy."

espn said:

Yes, I agree. The following is my solution. Seems to work for me. Not so sleepy nowaday.
a. Exercise a lot - by jogging 2 to 4 km on alternate days 3 times a week in the morning. Burn off the body sugar. Early morning is best.
b. Swim 1 km twice a week follow by 15 minutes of stretching exercise in the pool.
c. Skip lunch once a week and go to the gym.
d. Eat at least one apple and one orange everyday.
e. Skip coffee and tea whenever you can. Substitute with water.

Sounds like a lot but it can be done quite easily. At my age, this is done in slowwww motion though. It does not drain you out or makes you more tired. The opposite is true - more physical power, clearer mind and more zest.

Drudkh said:
Every working day after lunch, from 2pm to 4pm, you'll feel restless, sleepy and your eyes starts to tired. Your eyelids gets heavy and by 3pm your eyes keep opening and closing intermittently. At 4pm, you'll start getting refresh and alert, you feel very energetic.

Why do I have to suffer this way everyday? :confused: Well, TGIF! :D

Hmm...err..Try not to eat too full during lunch time then

Eating too full is one sign of feeling tired, sleepy.

The "sudden burst of engery" at 4pm is psycological due to the fact u are abt to head home, try feeling that way, when ur boss tells u to stay back at 6pm for a meeting... :(

Sometimes i feel tired from 8-6pm
Cos I have totally NOTHING to do.....Waiting for work but none came in.
And man....surfing on a PC the entire day doing nothing is "tired"... :sticktong
Another day of pay w/o work. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.