Those working in office, do you feel this way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drudkh said:
sounds interesting. i got a free plate of fruits during lunch though, courtesy of the fruits stall auntie. :D

You feel sleepy due to overeating...as too much blood went to your stomach to digest it and that is when your head lack of blood = feel sleepy. try to eat 7/10 full. you will feel better during that period.

Winston said:
Sometimes i feel tired from 8-6pm
Cos I have totally NOTHING to do.....Waiting for work but none came in.
And man....surfing on a PC the entire day doing nothing is "tired"... :sticktong
Another day of pay w/o work. :)

:bsmilie:
same same...
drink a coffee .. will solve the problem...
or else find sth to do... 'wu ar bo'

John Tan said:
You feel sleepy due to overeating...as too much blood went to your stomach to digest it and that is when your head lack of blood = feel sleepy. try to eat 7/10 full. you will feel better during that period.
yeah... i think you're right. i don't know why but i've been taking the correct portion for lunch but recently, i get full easily. :confused: furthermore, today i got free fruits. hhaha...

therat said:
:bsmilie:
same same...
drink a coffee .. will solve the problem...
or else find sth to do... 'wu ar bo'
well i agree. but the problem is when i feel sleepy, i don't even have that energy to do "wu-ar-bo" stuffs or get a cup of coffee... :bsmilie:

Yes. Comfirm tired. Miss those days in camp. Can sleep after lunch. :bsmilie:

renegade said:
Nooooo :nono:

You feel that way only from 2pm to 4pm?? I feel that way from 9am to 6pm. :cry:

Me too....once I step into the office...looking forward to 6pm liao...after 6pm...straight away awake liao :bsmilie:

All we need is something like "Work Aphrodisiac" or "Tiger Pills for Work".

One pill after lunch will keep us high on the job. Of course the pill has to wear out after 6pm. If not wives won't be too happy to see us still high about the job.

Wat du U tink?

I usually feel sleepy after lunch.

Usually around 3-6pm.
My daily dosage of "kopi O kosong gao" seems to help at times.
But sometimes, i seem immune to it. :embrass:

I used to be like that coz of a sedentary and unhealthy lifestyle, as in gorge yourself siao on food during lunch, quite a number of times even went for spinelli coffee to whack sinful stuff. Later I would feel very sleepy when i settled down after 2pm.

It is due to a number of factors, like your body being flooded by a myriad of nutrients esp glucose during digestion, other reasons being you are hardwired to have metabolism slowed down during that period (animals in the wild do that too), a lot of the emphasis/resources is also going to your digestive system to digest the food. This combination of factors is what makes this unique to that time of the day, you do not really feel such effects at night from 8pm (though if your bio-clock dictates that you sleep early and wake up early that is another matter....hehe).

After I started going (most times during 30mins before I lunch) to gym and do cardio as well as weights, I do not get such effects anymore. Basically you are fitter so can "dong" better, also your basic metabolic rate is much higher during rest as your body is trying to repair muscles and stuff, so it does not dip too much and make you sleepy.

Actually a prolonged sedentary lifestyle is the base of many health problems later when you grow old. So do start exercising. :) It also has the added benefit of aiding you lift your tele-lenses for long periods. Just last 2 weeks I was shooting those Chinese New Year fashion/costume/cultural shows at Raffles City and I did not have any problems at all even for a 40 min show with a body, flash and 70-200/2.8 lens. :D Just think, if you are fitter and can lift and endure weights much better, your 1.2kg lens becomes a 400-500g one. Wah, FOC! hehe...

2100 said:
After I started going (most times during 30mins before I lunch) to gym and do cardio as well as weights, I do not get such effects anymore. Basically you are fitter so can "dong" better, also your basic metabolic rate is much higher during rest as your body is trying to repair muscles and stuff, so it does not dip too much and make you sleepy.

Actually a prolonged sedentary lifestyle is the base of many health problems later when you grow old. So do start exercising. :) It also has the added benefit of aiding you lift your tele-lenses for long periods. Just last 2 weeks I was shooting those Chinese New Year fashion/costume/cultural shows at Raffles City and I did not have any problems at all even for a 40 min show with a body, flash and 70-200/2.8 lens. :D Just think, if you are fitter and can lift and endure weights much better, your 1.2kg lens becomes a 400-500g one. Wah, FOC! hehe...

How I wished there is a gym conveniently located near the office. But gym after work still better than no gym or exercise at all.

With big lens, better use a monopod - got muscles, but after 30 minutes, tends to get cam shake readily. 2.8lens + cam + flash > 2kg liao.

smallaperture said:
How I wished there is a gym conveniently located near the office. But gym after work still better than no gym or exercise at all.

With big lens, better use a monopod - got muscles, but after 30 minutes, tends to get cam shake readily. 2.8lens + cam + flash > 2kg liao.
hehe.....work in companies where they have gyms in the office (eg recreation club). Mine has... Else stuff like California is so ex!

Monopod slows things down leh.... Fashion shoots still ok, but just found out those costume dances cannot. hehe....
But my pt is, it does help a lot if you work out.

Drudkh said:
Every working day after lunch, from 2pm to 4pm, you'll feel restless, sleepy and your eyes starts to tired. Your eyelids gets heavy and by 3pm your eyes keep opening and closing intermittently. At 4pm, you'll start getting refresh and alert, you feel very energetic.

Why do I have to suffer this way everyday? :confused: Well, TGIF! :D
?Used to feel that way. But after I skipped lunch or having a light lunch, I felt like restless and sleepy in the afternoon.

i go 2 work at 5.20am to take the first bus and first train, and when i reach my work place, it will be 6.20am, i step into my workplace at 8am, the time before that, i will sleep in the bunk..

after that i will work till 11.30 and i will return to the bunk and sleep again.... and 30mins later.. work again until 4pm and i go home.. nt feeling tired at all..

BUT when i do this.. time seems to pass extremely slowly... :bsmilie:

glennyong said:
i go 2 work at 5.20am to take the first bus and first train, and when i reach my work place, it will be 6.20am, i step into my workplace at 8am, the time before that, i will sleep in the bunk..

after that i will work till 11.30 and i will return to the bunk and sleep again.... and 30mins later.. work again until 4pm and i go home.. nt feeling tired at all..

BUT when i do this.. time seems to pass extremely slowly... :bsmilie:

Thats the best part about army. Can sleep in bunk. Provided don't get caught or sign extra. :sweat:

Status
Not open for further replies.