Those who know something about Construction strength Adhesives

Dream Merchant

Staff member
Jan 11, 2007
I was wondering if anyone familiar with adhesives/construction adhesives can help?

Are these two adhesives anywhere close to application and performance specs?

1) PL Premium construction adhesive: http://www.stickwithpl.com/pdf/PL Premium Tech Data.pdf

and

2) Max Bond Construction Adhesive data sheet (click the TDS file) : http://hbfuller.com.au/administrato...&product_id=8&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=26

I was recommended the PL Premium adhesive, but I can't find it in DIY stores here. I can find the Max Bond and was wondering if that's a suitable substitute.

Purpose: To glue/strengthen a weak joint made of plastic subject to high torsion (yeah ... I know ... bummer design).

Thanks in advance guys!

Thanks Soey.

Anyone? :dunno:

Thanks Bowwow.

I'm not looking for glues specifically for plastics/acrylics, but one that is strong enough to hold up an entire wall panel or similar and can be used on plastic. Would dama be the place I'm looking for still?

I've used Max Bond successfully for dry wall panels & large mirror panels (3mx1.5m). Its also commonly used by local contractors.
I've tried a couple of other adhesives previously (not PL Premium construction though) and Max Bond has served its purpose every time.

A common practice is to tack the item with very tiny nails in an inconspicuous corner to provide additional mechanical load relief especially during the adhesive curing period.

Thanks Bowwow.

I'm not looking for glues specifically for plastics/acrylics, but one that is strong enough to hold up an entire wall panel or similar and can be used on plastic. Would dama be the place I'm looking for still?

i'm not sure if dama would hv the kind of glue that you are looking for. Best is to call them and ask. Forget abt emailing them.

I did something like what u asking before whem i was building sets. Used some kind of epoxy but for the life of me can't remember the brand but got it from those hardware shops around sungei rd area.

Thanks Montmelo. :)

Bowwow, unfortunately epoxy would not have the required strength. At least that was what I was advised. Hence, the construction strength adhesives. :)

I am working in construction line

Max bond is the most used adhesive for many purposes (tiling, joinery, etc.)

And it performs well up to specified requirement :)