Those self standing video monopod need to check in?

Reportage

Nov 24, 2008
Or can bring into plane as part of carry on? Anyone having experience in this?

paint your monopod in white, wear a sun glass.

that shouldn't have any problem bring it into cabin with you.

else, put it into a bag and check in as luggage.

You actually painted it white and they were okay with you bringing it as carry on? Wear sunglass like a boss as well. Did you take those budget air that allow one carry on bag or "branded" flight like SIA?

Last edited:
Or can bring into plane as part of carry on? Anyone having experience in this?

i travelled once with a small traveling tripod. it was small enough to fit into my sling bag (32-35cm total length) but still got rejected on one of the airlines (think it was china eastern airlines?).
they claim that cannot allow cos its above 30cm. the max length is 30cm. they were absolutely inflexible on this matter despite me traveling on biz class (normally they'll be more flexible or close an eye, especially for a small difference nia, not as if i was bringing a samurai sword or a full sized tripod). So i LLST had to unceremoniously open my luggage and shove it back in.

I often Travel with My Gitzo Monopods and Tripods.... always hand carry had no issues since 1997.

Yes questioned... but say for photography and I pass...... its also how you look, appearance & character etc..... these airport staff look for dodgy people. ;)